Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Congratulations to them both {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,163MI6 Agent
    Would be fantastic to have Bautista back in Bond 25. Hired by the new villain in te same way Drax had Jaws on the payroll. I've said it before but would welcome the line "His name's Hinx. He kills people" :007)
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    When did they start Skyfall / SPECTRE? I thought around Oct for some reason.

Yeah guess your right. She will pop before lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    When did they start Skyfall / SPECTRE?  I thought around Oct for some reason. 

December
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Does Tom Ford even make nappies?
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    That'll be why he gave the two-seater V8 Vantage away via charity...
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

He gave away his AM Vanquish, which has 2+2 seating...and that +2 is pretty much only suitable for small children.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

He gave away his AM Vanquish, which has 2+2 seating...and that +2 is pretty much only suitable for small children.
    No no no those baby seats leave terrible marks in the leather upholstery! :)
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    Congratulations to Daniel and Rachel.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,332MI6 Agent
    From the fellow on Reddit who seems to have info:

"Been hearing that delays on are on the cards.....could be a rumour. But there are a lot of shrugs going around in regards to releasing in 2019. I suspect that if an announcement is not forthcoming before the end of next month, then B25 may get delayed.
    However this does not mean that Danny Boyle or Daniel Craig are out. If anything it confirms their involvement."

But then today:

"I've heard now from several people that Danny Boyle is a lock, Annapurna will distribute domestically with MGM, Warner will distribute internationally with MGM. Filming begins in December. Casting is heavily underway.
    Some form of announcement is forthcoming."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,835MI6 Agent
    Who's the "fellow"?
    Somebody who claims to be close to the production. I’m personally betting on a 16 year old kid eating ham and cheese Hot Pockets and drinking Baja Blast.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    It’s all half truths and cr@p. Things have been in motion for a long time now.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Based on the wording of the Twitter post I don't think it's a 16 year old. He writes far better and he has a wider vocabulary than the most famous Twitter user in the world.
    Doesn't mean he's the real thing, though.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,965MI6 Agent
    if only McClory was still alive, we could at least have Never Say Never Say Never Again, Again while we're waiting
    Number24 wrote:
    Based on the wording of the Twitter post I don't think it's a 16 year old. He writes far better and he has a wider vocabulary than the most famous Twitter user in the world.

It was just a joke ;)
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent

I'm surprised the Sun and the other tabs didn't jump on the Mrs. Craig is pregnant and Danny Boyle is busy so they'll be a delay sooner.
    It's all perfect tabloid fodder. But I think the tabs are just warming up. In short order we should have some bizarre baby rumors. By the time they get done I'm sure there will be Martians involved on some level. :))
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:

I'm surprised the Sun and the other tabs didn't jump on the Mrs. Craig is pregnant and Danny Boyle is busy so they'll be a delay sooner.
    It's all perfect tabloid fodder. But I think the tabs are just warming up. In short order we should have some bizarre baby rumors. By the time they get done I'm sure there will be Martians involved on some level. :))

Postponing Bond because of the baby is an absurd idea, considering that Craig recently said it's his next project, and he knew about this baby long before his wife got pregnant. When someone gets pregnant at 48, there's very little chance it happened by accident. There most likely had to be a considerable amount of planning involved to make this happen. Craig signed contracts to do Bond at a certain time and I don't see him as the type of person to go back on his word. He knows what he's doing. As for Boyle, the tabloids are acting like he forgot about his other projects when he signed onto Bond, and he's just realising it now.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Number24 wrote:

It was just a joke ;)

Norwegians are a Germanic people, and sometimes it shows :#
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,545MI6 Agent
    edited April 2018
    Asp9mm wrote:

So, why no proper official announcement about Boyle as director then? If he's been in place for some time why the, will he, won't he, coz the script needs approval etc?

Are your buddies setting up shop at Pinewood now for pre-production?

As for these claims about Warner Bros distributing internationally. They distribute Wonder Woman and the next WW film is being released at the same time as Bond. Why would you do that?

The trade press speculated that WB had lost out on Bond's international distribution and that is why they put WW in that November 2019 slot. http://deadline.com/2017/11/wonder-woman-2-to-now-open-on-november-1-2019-with-gal-gadot-1202207062/
    "There’s a big battle for overseas distribution [for Bond25] among Sony, Universal and Warner Bros for the franchise, and the new dating of Wonder Woman 2 raises questions whether WB remains in the mix to handle [the] foreign [distribution]."
    Well....Wonder Woman is Warner's domestically and internationally plus they are the studio behind the film. We don't officially know who is distributing Bond 25 but if it is Warner's internationally, they are a big operation and certainly have the resources to distribute two big films at the same time. Why would Warners take on another big franchise at the same time as another big film?......for the money, it's what they do. If it turns out not to be Warners....why would we even care? MGM/EON will go for the best deal.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    I have friends at Pinewood who work in post production (sadly not on Bond) no obvious signs of pre-production taking place there which is odd given the timescale. Doesn't mean it's not happening of course, but very difficult to keep that kind of thing under the Radar. It's just about possible to hit the release date if it starts real soon, otherwise a delay is looking increasingly likely.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

By “things”, do you mean pre-production or a delay?
    zaphod99 wrote:
    I have friends at Pinewood who work in post production (sadly not on Bond) no obvious signs of pre-production taking place there which is odd given the timescale. Doesn't mean it's not happening of course, but very difficult to keep that kind of thing under the Radar. It's just about possible to hit the release date if it starts real soon, otherwise a delay is looking increasingly likely.

It's still 7 months before filming would actually begin. Does it take 7 months to build sets? Also, I would imagine it would also depend on what type of sets are being built. Is it out of the realm of possibility that the script would call for less shooting to be done on constructed sets or less shooting being done at Pinewood in general? Could the production utilize some sets built for more simple interiors at a studio where some of the location shooting is taking place (similar to LTK)? Just wondering.
    Let’s not forget that QOS started filming at the same time of year and didn’t even get its director until July. We are not in red alarm territory yet...
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    zaphod99 wrote:

It's still 7 months before filming would actually begin. Does it take 7 months to build sets? Also, I would imagine it would also depend on what type of sets are being built. Is it out of the realm of possibility that the script would call for less shooting to be done on constructed sets or less shooting being done at Pinewood in general? Could the production utilize some sets built for more simple interiors at a studio where some of the location shooting is taking place (similar to LTK)? Just wondering.

If it runs true to form pre-production is usually about six months, so not quite red yet but certainly Amber. You are right it is possible that activity is going on elsewhere.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    I think if Danny Boyle is truely involved that pre-production would be going on near him, not Pinewood...
    If they are being a bit more budget conscious this time around, is it possible that they could look at other studios that are more $$$ than Pinewood?