The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    Well Miss Jo Marney. You would never have sex with a 'negro' because 'they are all ugly'. I must remind you that ugliness comes in many forms and you display the most ugliness of all. I think you perhaps flatter yourself that all 'negros' would want to have sex with you. I should think that also it may be time for you to take the eye test if you are willing to have sex with the 'non ugly' Henry Bolton! 8-)
    I wouldn't concern myself with the irrelevant social media postings of someone like miss Marney, she is a vacuous silly little girl who is desperate for some limelight, and the hapless Henry Bolton suited her needs. She makes ridiculous statements read by ridiculous people, I just wish our salacious media didn't give her air time or credence.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I do not concern or worry myself about the stupidity of others. But I think this stupidity should be reported for the reason that to show it for what it really is, outstanding ignorance. I always think it is best at all times not to allow these types of views to stay in the shadows because that is where they will flourish. To bring them into the sun will make them wither.

As for Mr Donald Trumps SH comment. I wonder what the American Indians said when all the immigrants from the many SH countries were coming into their lands after America was first discovered?
    I also wonder how much longer it would have taken to build the country and its infrastructure without the labours of the black and Chinese man?
    I think I read somewhere that black men labour built the White House? If this is true then I wonder if Mr Donald Trump knows it?
    edited January 2018
    I do and dont agree, those images re tweeted by trump concerning that British racist group saw their followers increase because of the publicity it created for them. Thankfully concerning miss Marney, she will disappear into obscurity hopefully once the papers have had a few cheap headlines.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    The Norwegian government has told the EU that the country will demand a new trade agreement if the UK gets a better deal than we have. This will complicate the Brexit negotiations even more.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/15/norway-may-rip-up-eu-deal-over-uk-brexit-demands

That's absolutely correct and is widely known and considered by the EU negotiators.
    And it not only applies to Norway, it also applies to all other countries that we have trade deals with.
    However the UK side prefers the "They want to punish us for leaving the EU" argument :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    As for the Shithole comment, Senator Jeff Flake (Rep!) gave a remarkable interview on CNN, not only to that topic.

He said, that people came out from the said meeting and immediately complained exactly about those shithole comments - long before they even popped up in the media.

Chriscoop wrote:
    I do dont agree
    ?

I think I am correct to say that this nazi group was suspended from the twitter site? This was due to the publicity. Other wise they would still be there. I think also there was a place called storm front which was a site which was closed as being racist and nazi (but this happened not because of the twitter)? Perhaps the followers increased but only perhaps by people who thought they had a safe place to be racist? Perhaps also many of these people were not even from England?
    Of course some people will always be looking for a home for their racist and nazi views, but to pretend they are not there or not report and show them for what they are to the world is the more dangerous?

Let me also point out that racism is not only white against other people. My country is not a good place for white people to live in many cirumstances because the goverment and many of the people are racist only. In my opinion there is no excuse for racism, black against white racism is just as bad and not acceptable and should be reported also. It is with that in mind that I say this, other wise I only condone black against white racism.

Judge the man by his actions do not judge the man by the colour of his skin.
    Joshua wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I do dont agree
    ?

I think I am correct to say that this nazi group was suspended from the twitter site? This was due to the publicity. Other wise they would still be there. I think also there was a place called storm front which was a site which was closed as being racist and nazi (but this happened not because of the twitter)? Perhaps the followers increased but only perhaps by people who thought they had a safe place to be racist? Perhaps also many of these people were not even from England?
    Of course some people will always be looking for a home for their racist and nazi views, but to pretend they are not there or not report and show them for what they are to the world is the more dangerous?

Let me also point out that racism is not only white against other people. My country is not a good place for white people to live in many cirumstances because the goverment and many of the people are racist only. In my opinion there is no excuse for racism, black against white racism is just as bad and not acceptable and should be reported also. It is with that in mind that I say this, other wise I only condone black against white racism.

Judge the man by his actions do not judge the man by the colour of his skin.

I meant I both do agree and do not agree, depending on circumstances, as to Racism I agree fully with you.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,877MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    The Norwegian government has told the EU that the country will demand a new trade agreement if the UK gets a better deal than we have. This will complicate the Brexit negotiations even more.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/15/norway-may-rip-up-eu-deal-over-uk-brexit-demands

That's absolutely correct and is widely known and considered by the EU negotiators.
    And it not only applies to Norway, it also applies to all other countries that we have trade deals with.
    However the UK side prefers the "They want to punish us for leaving the EU" argument :D

I think this at the core of the problem. The Brexit side managed to convince people that they could keep selling to the EU with no barriers, but still decide about immigration and other traditionally internal issues. The EU won't reward leaving that way. If they did, both non-EU countries like Norway and countries considering leaving would protest.
    Don't panic 24, youll get a trade deal with the UK, we will buy all the fish you can throw at us as the Spanish took all our own fish due to the common fisheries policy, and all the aha cds too! And once the UK makes a deal with the Chinese and we become a giant distribution centre for all the quality Chinese merchandise Norway too can be inundated with such glorious products. I'd much rather buy seafood from Norway as opposed to Vietnam. And once we have a trade deal with the USA you can all buy 5 litre v8 mustangs for less than an entry level BMW....... Oh wait! Up until we all ban petrol cars that is :D
    Chriscoop wrote:
    24, youll get a trade deal with the UK,

doesn't that fall into the category of heavy scaremongering?? :D :D

:)) quite possibly ;)
    There was quite an interesting article about Risk-Psychology and Brexit.

The story goes that a plane crew was advised by the tower to take an eastern detour for a thunderstorm - like all other planes where going.
    Crew chose west and even when they saw that that was going wrong they kept on track "because they just want us to admit that we've done something wrong"

Draw your own conclusions:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiegel.de%2Fwissenschaft%2Fmensch%2Frisiko-psychologie-brexit-und-flugzeug-ungluecke-a-1185507.html&edit-text=

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    You can judge a man by the colour of his skin. If he's covered head to toe in tattoos, for instance, I do tend to think, what a doofus... :D

Anyway, maybe racism is on the rise because it simplifies life and people have so much stress in terms of choice, even buying a mobile phone is a hassle you have to research it. It's all part of everything though, I mean posh people tend not to mix comfortably with anyone not posh.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    posh people tend not to mix comfortably with anyone not posh.

I'm incredibly posh and I mix with you lot :))
    Higgins wrote:
    There was quite an interesting article about Risk-Psychology and Brexit.

The story goes that a plane crew was advised by the tower to take an eastern detour for a thunderstorm - like all other planes where going.
    Crew chose west and even when they saw that that was going wrong they kept on track "because they just want us to admit that we've done something wrong"

Draw your own conclusions:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiegel.de%2Fwissenschaft%2Fmensch%2Frisiko-psychologie-brexit-und-flugzeug-ungluecke-a-1185507.html&edit-text=

" draw your own conclusions"
    That is the very best of advice in many things, do your own research and make your own informed decision.
    As for your airplane crew, I'm assuming they would be British as we here never believe the weather forecast.
    This morning where I live we are on a weather warning for snow. As I look around me I see wall to wall blue sky and sunshine. :D
    You can judge a man by the colour of his skin. If he's covered head to toe in tattoos, for instance, I do tend to think, what a doofus... :D

Anyway, maybe racism is on the rise because it simplifies life and people have so much stress in terms of choice, even buying a mobile phone is a hassle you have to research it. It's all part of everything though, I mean posh people tend not to mix comfortably with anyone not posh.

Racism is a very simple psycho mechanism

People don't feel good about themselfs, so they treat those supposedly "below them" (weaker usually) badly just to elevate their little egoes and make themselfs feel a bit better.

Some people shout at their kids, some kick their dogs, some shout at the waiters and others feel great to look down on homeless/less posh/strangers/minorities/weaker ones that supposedly pose a threat (taking away jobs/ taking free rides from the social system/ are all terrorists/rape our women - the list is endless).

Interesting thing is that those racists see themselfs then in the "winning team" (Social Media Mobs e.g.) not seeing what kind of losers they really are.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,716MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I'm pleased to hear Sinn Fein mp McElduff has resigned, I find it hard to understand why a grown man tweets himself walking around with a loaf of Kingsmill bread on his head, coincidently on the same date as the Kingsmill atrocity!!! No offence meant my 4rse!!

Me too. He knew very well what he was doing. There's now talk of a Victims Campaigner candidate standing in the upcoming West Tyrone by-election to try to take the seat from Sinn Fein. I'd fully back such a candidate so that NI victims of terror have a voice in Westminster. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Don't panic 24, youll get a trade deal with the UK, we will buy all the fish you can throw at us as the Spanish took all our own fish due to the common fisheries policy, and all the aha cds too! And once the UK makes a deal with the Chinese and we become a giant distribution centre for all the quality Chinese merchandise Norway too can be inundated with such glorious products. I'd much rather buy seafood from Norway as opposed to Vietnam. And once we have a trade deal with the USA you can all buy 5 litre v8 mustangs for less than an entry level BMW....... Oh wait! Up until we all ban petrol cars that is :D

But what about our third export - oil ?:)

I don't fear for the Norwegian-EU trade deal. How else will they get their a-ha records?
    I just think some of the British are discovering that Brexit isn't as easy as they thought.

And by 2030 petrol cars will be outdated and out-prized, so don't worry about a ban.

I think some one has not perhaps experienced racism?
    Everyone has stress in their lives. Ask someone who has fled from war or oppression about stress, they will educate you. I don't think any of them has turned to racism to make their stress any better? Mobile phones and 'posh' people? I am truly thankful that some peoples only stress in life is to buy a mobile telephone! People do not mix with other people is a truth all over the world, but that doesn't mean racist.

Somebody thinks they are better than me because they are another skin colour. They think I am inferior because I do not follow their religion or because of the country I am from, or because I should not be in 'their' country. There indeed are many men who do great things who are very much superior to me and I know this (it is good that I know my place?) but this has nothing to do with the colour of the skin.

Higgins is right (for the very first time!!!) racism is used by people who have no value of themselves to make themselves feel better. It is always easiest to blame others for their or their governments own mistakes. Life has always been like this. It is an emotion which is seen and used by the people with the unworthy agenda to lead the foolish who believe it into dangerous times. These very emotions are being stirred up in Europe even today by people who would want to drag the world back to time of discrimination and murder of races and faith.
    Number24 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

But what about our third export - oil ?:)

I don't fear for the Norwegian-EU trade deal. How else will they get their a-ha records?
    I just think some of the British are discovering that Brexit isn't as easy as they thought.

And by 2030 petrol cars will be outdated and out-prized, so don't worry about a ban.
    You've answered your first question with your last point ;)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    Well, I wasn't speaking in defense of racism. Just explaining part of it - if you can identity a section of people you don't like, it simplifies things. You can then channel your negative energies in that direction, it's like compartmentalising. What Higgins says is true also, it's 'kick the cat syndrome'.

Today's society is more stressful in some ways, as there is more choice of everything. Coffee, Phones, TVs, Broadband and so on. It is not meant to stress us, it is meant to make things easier, but it doesn't in the long term.

The tattoo things was a joke.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    I for my part loved the tattoo joke :)) :))

Well, I wasn't speaking in defense of racism. Just explaining part of it - if you can identity a section of people you don't like, it simplifies things. You can then channel your negative energies in that direction, it's like compartmentalising. What Higgins says is true also, it's 'kick the cat syndrome'.

Today's society is more stressful in some ways, as there is more choice of everything. Coffee, Phones, TVs, Broadband and so on. It is not meant to stress us, it is meant to make things easier, but it doesn't in the long term.

The tattoo things was a joke.

I don't think stress is a roof cause for racism. I think fear of what's different, not to mention the need for an "enemy" that can be blamed for most problems has created many racists.
    racism is always being against someone else while yourself are something "better" for some reason.

So you need an "enemy" and a reason for why he/she is an "enemy".

Only just before Christmas my wife was traveling to work on the bus. Someone on the bus told her that she should 'go home' and a couple of other words swearing also. My wife was going to her work where she helps the elderly people who are still living in their home but need help. She told me this when she came home. I thought that all the same people usually travel on the same buses at the same time so I insisted to travel with her the next day. I asked if she could see the man who had shouted the abuse because I wanted to challenge the man if he was man enough to try to abuse me instead of my wife. She could not see him or did not tell me, I do not know which of these. If he was on the bus I think he would have recognised my wife but funny enough he was the coward enough not to try this with me.
    My wife was going to work where she helps the elders who are alone or invalid. I work also. We also both help in the community as the volunteers as to show our gratitudes for being allowed to stay in this country. We both would love to 'go home to where we belong' but until we can without fear for my life then we must stay until things change until that threat has gone.

I think that you have to be on the receiving end to really understand, otherwise it is only words. I have not had much racism to my face and only a few times where I challenge to fight but always the person who has said the comment are as cowards always. My wife has much more than me when on her own.

I understood about the joke. I did not think it was funny.
    Sorry to hear what has happened to your wife, Joshua.
    And I apologize on behalf of all other passengers that did not take action.

I can assure you, that if I'd have been in that bus, I'd not remained silent.

Thank you. You have no need to apologise but I thank you any way. I think also for people to remain silent is to make this thing acceptable and that makes it worse. I also would never stand aside to let anyone be bullied or abused whatever reason. My wife is very easily to upset and this did upset her very much indeed as it was she was humiliated by this supposed man who could only attack the woman. That she was only going about her lawful business and going to work to help the people who are vulnerable. She even worked at Christmas time all of the holidays and the people she helps are always grateful to her and she is always kind and thoughtful always, indeed the people she visits are now her friends as well as the service user of the care company.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    racism is always being against someone else while yourself are something "better" for some reason.

Higgins, does this make you a Brexit-racist* against those who voted to leave the EU?

* Brexist? :D {:)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,764Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:

Higgins, does this make you a Brexit-racist* against those who voted to leave the EU?

Nah, just makes him a bellend :)) :p
    YNWA 97
    Higgins wrote:

Haha, good point :)) :)) :))
    We could debate if I am being the racist or the pro-Brexit camp who also feel being better. ;)

However, I could object, that I KNOW that I am on the right side because most experts share my point of view - but those experts only lie in the eye of Brexiteers.

Common populist tactics:

They: The earth is a disk
    Me: But it's scientifically proven that the earth is not a disk, 99,7% of all experts on that field confirm this.
    They: These experts are all liars

End of discussion.

This discussion has been closed.