The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,839MI6 Agent
    I understand it's an impressive feat for the Republicans to lose Alabama - a bit like the Democrats losing the White House to Donald Trump! :))
    One wonders if it's the start of a trend or it's just because More didn't respect women's personal space?
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    The vote had an amazing turnout of people of color. Moore has not always been the most tight-lipped in regards to his opinions of minorities. He also thinks that homosexuality should be illegal so every single gay person in Alabama was definitely voting.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/politics/roy-moore-slavery/index.html
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    This is a good day. -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    This is a good day. -{
    Yes. Hell has frozen over {[]
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    More's defeat is probably worse loss of prestige for Bannon than Trump, since Bannon backed the candidate even more.
    Is it true More wanted the ten commandments to become state law?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    speaking as an outsider, but America seems to have an unlimited supply of
    complete nut jobs looking to get in to politics. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    For the first time in moden history the Chinese population has a better economy than Russians. I fond this interesting.
    Steve Bannon claims in his new book that Donald Trump and his team were "horrified" when they realized they were really winning.
    Bannon isn't someone I normallly put great trust in, but this sounds believable to me.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Steve Bannon is not the author of the book,

Michael Wolff, Fire and Fury

As Bannon has not denied his interviews, it's safe to say that the quote is accurate.
    And he's pretty well known for speaking out of his mind - which is often quite disturbing still.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    News of Trump's unexpected - and unwanted - win and his wife's reaction put me in mind of:

article-1312559-0B38B3B3000005DC-100_468x308.jpg

and...

hqdefault.jpg

in

Who Wants to Be an American President :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,701MI6 Agent
    News of Trump's unexpected - and unwanted - win and his wife's reaction put me in mind of:

article-1312559-0B38B3B3000005DC-100_468x308.jpg

and...

hqdefault.jpg

in

Who Wants to Be an American President :D

Cough!

Sorry, it was my throat! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    may-coughs.jpg
    Either Theresa is coughing ....... Or she's doing something very naughty with the Invisible Man ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Thanks, TP. It was about time someone made this thread more dignified :D

Michael Wolff spent a lot of time in the Trump White House and he has interviewed a lot of the people working with him, but this is only one report about this administration. I look forward to knowing more with multiple good sources how life in Trump's White House is. I think the only sure thing we can say is that it will be entertaining.
    :)) Not more trouble with Tapes and the White House
    The tapes don't make any difference to Trump or his core voters. Any news he doesn't like is "Fake news!" :))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,701MI6 Agent
    may-coughs.jpg
    Either Theresa is coughing ....... Or she's doing something very naughty with the Invisible Man ! :D

Not as good as the cartoon in The Times, but still the same idea...

DLUHTQTW4A8u2UT.jpg

:))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Found the one from The Times:

DLUeLhnXoAAPhR0.jpg

:D
    I see a lot of fondness for Theresa May here .... :D

It's my patriotic duty to post a couple of caricatures of our very own PM Erna Solberg:

erna_solberg_small.jpg

16908168_747755528723028_6234076138868572160_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQ2MjMzMTgyNTc4MjUzMDkyNA%3D%3D.2
    A woman in charge. What could possibly go wrong?! :D
    I regard Theresa May as the Conservatives Gordon Brown.
    Everyone thought they'd make a great PM. Then due to a mix
    Of bad luck and bad judgements...... the look weak and
    Vulnerable.
    A woman in charge. What could possibly go wrong?! :D

:)) :)) :))

Based on the track reccord of the two female prime ministers we've had so far - not much.
    It must be British PM's you're thinking of :D
    Number24 wrote:
    Based on the track reccord of the two female prime ministers we've had so far - not much.

Well the first British female PM got more things right than the second one has thus far, in my view.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,680Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:

Well the first British female PM got more things right than the second one has thus far, in my view.

The bar wasn’t exactly set high in the first place X-(
    YNWA 97
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Think a few miners might have a tendency to disagree slightly with that sentiment...
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    I just wanted to say..... Thatcher ruined most of the UK industrial sector - not sure if those that have been affected are happy about it.

The FBI has re-opened the investigation of the Clinton Foundation.
    Personally I found it suspicious how the Norwegian government cut most of the funding of the Foundation when Hillary lost the election.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,680Chief of Staff
    minigeff wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Think a few miners might have a tendency to disagree slightly with that sentiment...

With my sentiment ?:) :o

Thatcher was just pure evil...I reckon they’d agree with me.
    YNWA 97
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

With my sentiment ?:) :o

Thatcher was just pure evil...I reckon they’d agree with me.

No you goit, silhouette man's sentiment, not yours, you gold encrusted baffoon!
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    I'm not going to get into any political debates about what Mrs T did or didn't do. All I was referring to was her ability to win three elections in a row and pursue her policies...while everyone hated her and the Tories and nobody voted for them! It was amazing how they kept getting in.

Mrs May, on the other hand...
This discussion has been closed.