The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Comments

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    unless there is a hidden political message in my footwear - fire off, please ;)

Then I must take time to think of very harsh but not political insults! :))
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,381Chief of Staff
    You can do anything, but lay off of them green suede shoes....

(Joshua, please don't take that literally! :) )
    I must tell about Higgins. He told me that he would make me his business partner, that I would make lots of money by selling his range of training shoes. He promised that green colour was the best selling of all shoes. He said that if I invested £25000 in the business that he would send me a truck full of green shoes that I could sell on the internet. I used all my savings to get this money and sent it to him in April but yet I have to get the shoes. Higgins said that he was having great trouble sending the shoes to England because of brexit, that the border had been closed. Now he does not answer my telephone calls or emails. I reported this to the police who told me that he in is known to them for selling the green training shoes business to many people. They said he is most wanted in Germany but they cannot capture him. My money the police say is now gone, spent by Higgins on women and champagne. They also said his next criminal act is to make the fake faberge eggs. So please if anyone at AJB has heard from Higgins and he is trying to sell them 'real' faberge eggs, please run away!
    :)) :)) :))
    I believe Asp9mm has a similar story!
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    ...but are we really sure Hillary wasn't a member back then?
    It would explain one or two things.
    I've been here for years, gang, right under your noses. Sheesh, all it took to fool you lot was a "Sir" before my name. I'm laughing so hard right now, my cankles hurt. :D
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,812MI6 Agent
    Ah ...... Crooked Hillary :D
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    ...but are we really sure Hillary wasn't a member back then?
    It would explain one or two things.
    I've been here for years, gang, right under your noses. Sheesh, all it took to fool you lot was a "Sir" before my name. I'm laughing so hard right now, my cankles hurt. :D
    Hilly...you old devil!
    a reasonable rate of return
    Barbel wrote:
    :)) :)) :))
    I believe Asp9mm has a similar story!

This now has me worried. I am beginning to think that when Higgins sold me the tower of London the bill of sale may not be real?
    :)) :))
    +1 :)) :)) :))
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Higgins old chum, can you proffer any details on whats happening over in Germany at the mo? It's seems coalition talks have irretrievably broken down, I even heard a report suggesting there may be another election vote!!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I disregard that floppy addressing of mine....

Yes, like I've said previously - the coalition talks are not a walk in the park.
    With the current situation - there is only one party that may benefit from that - and that's unfortunately the AfD

Just my modest opinion though it won't happen pretty sure:
    If I were head of the Social Democratic Party (SPD), I'd call Mrs. Merkel today and offer her to continue the Grand Coalition under the following conditions:

etc

And pretty sure she will accept and we have a stable government within 14 days.

In the next campaigning, the SPD can come up and tell people, that they took the call when all other democratic parties failed and could get their projects accepted at the same time.

In reality it looks like a minority government which means that the SPD will help Merkel pretty often anyhow.....

It's quite obvious that the 13% protest voters are dearly missed now to pull things together.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    To give you a further analysis:

So far, we had a Grand Coalition with Merkel's CDU and the Social Democrats SPD, the two biggest parties.
    Problem for the SPD was, that the CDU moved very much into the middle and took away many of the SPD topics in the public opinion.
    So the little partner in the Grand Coalition did not receive the appreciation and the SPD lost votes from 33% to nearly 20% in the current elections.

They fear for their existence and that that will go on and decided not to continue the Grand Coalition.

The current partners in the coalition talks are:

FDP: A libertarian oriented party who lost big in the 2013 elections, renewed themselves and came back to the parliament after the elections. They fight the public image that they want to govern by all means - and they blew the negotiations last night

Green Party: They get along with Merkel and really wanted that project to happen

CDU: Merkel's party: Still have the majority of votes, but lost big in the last elections

CSU: The Bavarian Sister Party: They are very conservative and nationalist. They lost big time 2017 and fear the loss of majority in Bavaria in 2018. That would be pretty much it for them. They try to fight the AfD on the right and are Merkel's biggest enemies so far.

So every player has their own motives - most of them don't have much to do with taking responsibility and care for the country and many are scared of an increase of protest voters, that may strengthen the AFD even more.

Thank you for that Higgins, and I will address you more robustly in future!
    How likely is a second election? Surely the afd would lose votes a second time round?
    I am pretty sure that the AfD will win big in new elections.

They started today trumping „The mainstream parties have just been wasting tax money and obviously can‘t get anything done in their corrupt system“

I don‘t hope for new elections and polls show that they wouldn‘t change anything substantially but will probably happen around Easter next year.

The German constitution makes sure that the government stays on job until there is a new elected one. What happens next is now up to Mr. Steinmeier, our President and Head of State

I am hearing moanings about the incompetent politicians here, but (and I know that Joshua and yourself will enjoy that remark) the voters created that mess in the first place by voting for these AfD clowns

I'm not one who moans about incompetent politicians, and personally I wouldn't enjoy hearing of such, I may comment on these things but more by virtue of observation.
    voters are always responsible for election outcomes, that's the system, what really annoys and frustrates me is when politicians act in self interest and destabilise a government or country they are meant to serve. A person should simply not be in politics for any reason other than to further their beliefs for the good of the country whom they ask to vote for them.
    At the moment protest votes seem to be causing massive instability,, uncertainty and hardships accross the world.
    Higgins in a previous post I said "my interest lies only in defending peoples right to vote freely and fairly at the ballot box and then to respect what ever decision is forthcoming." I am not sure why you think I moan about incompetent politicians. I am also not sure what exactly you mean when you say that the voters create the mess. I am sure you do not mean that no votes should be allowed, or that only votes are allowed for one or two parties. I think you mean that people are fooled by lies?
    I do not know about German politics but I feel that this mess must surely not be all the fault of the 'stupid voters' (my words). The people in power must take most of the blame. If they do what the people do not want, then the people will vote for others. It is simple. I think protest votes should tell people this? I do not know about the AD party either, but for it it become more popular is not all to do with voter stupidity or 'populism', but that the people who are voting are telling the government something to which the government should listen.
    There was yet another NATO exercise in Norway. Usually the opponents are HOMELAND and OPFOR, but this time some stupid civilian made a exercise scenario where Turkey, Erdogan and Ataturk were the enemy!
    Ataturk was the founder of modern Turkey - it's illegal to offend his name and legacy in Turkey. Of course, the country is a major NATO member. Since this fits right into Erdogan's image of the world where Europe is anti-Turkey and not to be trusted, so he's milking it. The idiot who made the exercise scenario got sacked, and both our defence minister and the NATO General Secretary (also Norwegian) have apologized. What a mess!
    When I was a soldier we were taught about false crests in map and compass reading. I fear now that the people of Zimbabwe are looking at their own false crest. They mistakenly believe that now Robert Mugabe has gone the country will be freed from tyranny. The fact is my friends that ZANU PF the party of Mugabe which has ruled since 1980, will continue with its iron grip on the country. Emmerson Mnangagwa, the man who the military favour to replace Mugabe as president is even more brutal than the Mugabe. He was by Mugabe's side for many years, ever since ZANU PF came to power. He is called crocodile, because he will bite without warning. Everything Mugabe has done, Mnangagwa has been involved in. ZANU PF is fooling the people at this time and they will want to fool the rest of Africa and the world.

I predict that money will come into Zimbabwe from countries who think there has been a change in direction. ZANU PF will want to make this appear so, because the money which enters the country will be stolen and divided up by the top ZANU PF men and their allies in the military. They need outside money because everything which can be stolen in Zimbabwe has been.

Mnangagwa is a smiling assassin. He will stop at nothing to get what he wants and the victims, as usual, will be the ordinary person.

This is my prediction. Time will prove me right.
    I fear you're right, Joshua :(
    Good news today: Radko Mladic will spend the rest of his days in jail for crimes against humanity :) -{

It worries me how politics, perhaps especially in the States, is getting meaner and dirtier. :#
    What worries me even more is that a political class finds it ok to put axe on journalists and news outlets that don‘t reflect their political opinion.

And that certain groups of voters applaud them while ignoring that that will lead to desaster, if noone checks the political class anymore.

edited November 2017
    Yes, it really worries me that Trump has called the part of the press that's questions his politics enemies of the people.

It also worries me that North Korea has launched a missile that probably can reach the entire US mainland.
    It's a horrible situation, but removing these missiles and the nuclear bombes for good is almost impossible without war. Such a war is sure to lead to heavy losses, both military and civilian.
    Number24 wrote:
    Yes, it really worries me that Trump has called the part of the press that's questions his politics enemies of the people.

It also worries me that North Korea has launched a missile that probably can reach the entire US mainland.
    It's a horrible situation, but removing these missiles and the nuclear bombes for good is almost impossible without war. Sush a war is sure to lead to heavy losses, both military and civilian.

All that worries me too, and so does Trump putting up extreme right wing images and videos on twitter!
    ...and sending messages to the wrong person! :))

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/trump-blasts-the-wrong-theresa-may-on-twitter-1.3700348

Hmm, if he's this careless it doesn't bode well for any of us. I'm wondering if there's a Mr V. Putin in, say, St Petersburg who's scratching his head over a message from a Mr D. Trump.
    welcome to this thread, Barbel :D

:D Thank you, Higgins.
    To be honest I'm not sure what to make of Trump! is he really as incompetent and petulant as he comes accross? And why do other leaders feel compelled to comment on his absurd social media offerings? It's all a bit bizarre to me.
This discussion has been closed.