The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,839MI6 Agent
    I think this thread is beginning to lower itself to Trump's level.

But .... but .... Trump is the most presidential President ever! :))
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Nice to see trump knows his own national anthem https://youtu.be/28RAKDIwRyw
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    D. Trump reportedly parts of African Countries and Tahiti "Shithole Countries" and the White house does not dispute.
    Apparently he was asking, why the US can't get new Norwegians instead which shows how really cluesless he is!

Or, N24, have you applied moving to there??

As for his first remark, I think, that Anderson Cooper gave the right reply re. Tahiti and that would apply also to many Africans who fight on a daily basis to get enough food for their families and being opressed by governments and other political/religious groups.

https://twitter.com/AC360/status/951637959983247362
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    I don’t do politics because every politician I have ever met has been a ****! I guess to be successful you need a higher level of self interest and feeling of superiority to your fellow man.

Funny how the dude who termed the phrase ‘fake news’ cannot get his own facts right - a kind of poetic justice really which only seeks to undermine his own plausibility (not the we Brits are any better). That’s unless it is fake news it’s self in which case the best none news ever, that became fake news of course (oh do keep up). :D

The comment about Obama moving the US Embassy when it was Bush who ordered it some time before was a classic.

What is it they say Power corrupts and Ultimate Power ultimately corrupts.

As I said for entertainment value priceless :D

Cheers :007)

P.S If N24 does emegrate to the US he has my vote for president as would most of the fine chaps and chapesses on AJB what a balanced lot we are :D (though granted more like the UN council with our global reach)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    edited January 2018
    Number24 wrote:

Trump is trying to get more people from Norway to immigrate here since it is not a "sh*tho*e" country. Sorry anyone form a sh*tho*e country, Trump does not want you. Immigrating here is like joining a sorority, we only want the best and prettiest.

gif.gif
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    N24 is so silent today.

Guess that he‘s on the phone negotiating his immigration terms with the US :)) :))

shithole *

:)) just being curious if that term is already on AJB's naughty list :))

• VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    I figured it was! It will be now.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    As he said " I have the best words " so I'm guessing
    Sh*thole is a favourite of his ........ could be from his
    Experience of looking up at Russian hookers in hotel
    Rooms ? :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Trump is trying to get more people from Norway to immigrate here since it is not a "sh*tho*e" country. Sorry anyone form a sh*tho*e country, Trump does not want you. Immigrating here is like joining a sorority, we only want the best and prettiest.

I have spent time writing this away from AJB. I hope I can make myself understood.

One thing Mr Donald Trump has failed to understand is that not everyone from the SH countries has the desire to live in the USA. I must report that many people from these same countries, who have been displaced by war or political oppression, have no other desire than to return home at the earliest opportunity. I count myself among these people. Would I have come to England if my life was not threatened? Absolutely not! Would I go home if I was free to? I would not even have time to type this as I would be too busy packing! Do not get me wrong, I have great respect for the UK and owe a debt to that country which I can never repay, but my only wish - the same wish as many of these SH country people - is to be free in my own land and live and prosper there.

Mr Donald Trump and others, please be aware that not everyone is here to steal your jobs or your women or make you change your history or culture, asking for sanctuary in time of personal danger can never really be understood by people who have no experience of it.

I am the best and from my photograph you can see also the prettiest, but sadly I must decline to offer my services as a good and law abiding citizen! ;)
    I suppose Mr Donald Trump also thinks that every one in Africa lives in mud huts and has bones through their noses and wears war paint? In many cases we have houses and cars and even electricity!
    I guess the reason Trump mentioned Norway (we've SO proud :)) ) must be the visit from prime minister Erna Solberg on Wednesday. Trump was at his best behavior, Solberg got twice the time in the White House than expected and she also got to meet the Secretary of State, the Director of the CIA and the minister of defence. He must really like us :o

But Americans on social media commented that PM Erna Solberg showed better command of English than the American president did. I'll let others be the judge of that...
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,499Chief of Staff
    Apparently the White House press statement said that she was the PM of... Normay.... :D
    We've just happy they didn't think she was from Normay, the capital of Sweden :))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,702MI6 Agent
    I learned today that English is the second language of Scandinavians. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    We talk English much good :D
    Since we've on the topic of languages and in the political thread, let's discuss politicians and second languages. I think Bill Clinton speaks German and Bush Sr. speaks French (but tried to hide it).
    I think it's a plus if people speak more than one language. Language informs how you understand others and how they understand you.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    On the subject of languages, we now have a president who barely knows English ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Yes. He said "You saw what happened in Sweden last night" when he ment "You saw on TV last night what's happening in Sweden". A US president can't use language that inaccurately.
    Age of Fire and Fury

image-1237284-640_panofree-vupf-1237284.jpg

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,499Chief of Staff
    :)) :))

Apparently a Canadian author of an earlier book called "Fire And Fury" (unrelated to Trump) has been surprised (though very pleased) to see his book rocket to the top of best-seller lists as people mistakenly order it....
    edited January 2018
    Aftenposten, Norway's biggest conservative newspaper, has two comments about Trump's "sh1thole" statement:

- Remember that 150 years ago Norway was a sh1thole country (Poor, low level of education and Norwegian imigrants were often slow and unwilling to integrate into American society.) Look at us now!

- Compared to Norway the US is a sh1thole country.

(not my words, blame Aftenposten)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    edited January 2018
    Well, how about some more Bond talk?

Meghan Markle surely must be in the next Bond movie... and how about a villain, a blonde femme fetale to star opposite her, like AVTAK in reverse?

SUNDAYMIRROR-PROD-Henry-Bolton.jpg

Played by Tilda Swinton in her channelling Bowie in his 'I'm not really a Nazi I just look like one' phase.

I understand the UKIP leader spent all day Sunday considering his position. As in, 'Right, I'll have you on your hands and knees this time, as I'm dumping you tomorrow Jo...' :))
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,702MI6 Agent
    Yet another forgettable UKIP leader. Why don't they just rejoin the Conservatives and be done with it?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited January 2018
    Have I heard it correctly that Trump defended himself „I am not racist - I am the least racist person that you have ever interviewed“

Imo that confirms the ‚Shithole Country‘ debate which he did not even deny then (albeit he denied saying it in his tweet on saturday).

"The most presidential president ever"

"No-one respect women more than I do"

"I'm the least racist person.... "

Trump isn't an average person, and he likes it that way! :))
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I'm pleased to hear Sinn Fein mp McElduff has resigned, I find it hard to understand why a grown man tweets himself walking around with a loaf of Kingsmill bread on his head, coincidently on the same date as the Kingsmill atrocity!!! No offence meant my 4rse!!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Well Miss Jo Marney. You would never have sex with a 'negro' because 'they are all ugly'. I must remind you that ugliness comes in many forms and you display the most ugliness of all. I think you perhaps flatter yourself that all 'negros' would want to have sex with you. I should think that also it may be time for you to take the eye test if you are willing to have sex with the 'non ugly' Henry Bolton! 8-)
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Yet another forgettable UKIP leader. Why don't they just rejoin the Conservatives and be done with it?

There’s no way the Conservatives would want UKIP in their ranks. So I guess UKIP needs another leader, it’s fifth one in 18 months? Does it have that many willing victims?
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    edited January 2018
    The Norwegian government has told the EU that the country will demand a new trade agreement if the UK gets a better deal than we have. This will complicate the Brexit negotiations even more.

"Norway makes larger financial contributions to the EU per capita than the UK and accepts free movement of people in order to have access to the single market."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/15/norway-may-rip-up-eu-deal-over-uk-brexit-demands
This discussion has been closed.