The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I've see footage of Hillary Clinton swimming, as she
    Didn't sink. That's scientific proof of witchcraft :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,502Chief of Staff
    AA_OLD_MAN_5.jpg
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,840MI6 Agent
    edited September 2018
    :)) :))
    Let me be clear: I'm only questioning the child kidnap alligations, I'm sure she is a very skilled broom pilot.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6216233/The-training-Putins-famed-special-forces-unit-schooled-Skripals-assassin.html
    Just what you have to go through in Russia, if you want
    To visit, one of the many beautiful British cathedrals :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    My impression is that Kavenaugh wants the US president to be in effect untouchable by any legal system. This may sound tempting for Trump, but do they realize this will apply to future Democratic presidents too?
    He is more comfortable giving the President power than I would be. Today the dog and pony show continued.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    Ford named Kavenaugh's friend who took part in the alleged attack, but Kavenaugh doesn't want his friend to testify. Kavenaugh doesn't want an FBI investigation
    Kavenaugh is looking more and more guilty to me.
    I was surprised when the justice comitee decided to turn then Kavenaugh case over to the FBI. It's believed the reason is the Senaste won't accept Kavenaugh for the Supreme Court unless the FBI has investigated him. No matter what the motivation is I think it was the right thing to do.
    Number24 wrote:
    I was surprised when the justice comitee decided to turn then Kavenaugh case over to the FBI. It's believed the reason is the Senaste won't accept Kavenaugh for the Supreme Court unless the FBI has investigated him. No matter what the motivation is I think it was the right thing to do.
    Really I think it was because two women were caught on camera asking a senator to look them in the eyes and say they did not matter. The GOP is trying to do damage control by looking like they kind of care. https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2018/09/28/did-two-women-in-an-elevator-just-change-everything/
    The NYT is running a story about Trump and massive tax fraud. Shame, the president and that newspaper were getting on so well. :v

In other news, Trump says "it's a scary time for young men" because of MeToo. Not if they behave.
    I'm sure Trump knows it's been a scary time for young women because of the risk of sexual harassment and rape for thousands of years, and that's regardless of their behaviour.
    edited October 2018
    The president of the USA mocking a (alleged) victim of sexual assault at a rally
    Imagine that headline about any other president in the history of the country - it would be a huge scandal that might end his presidency. With Donald Trump it's business as usual. Remember last week? Way back when he called the same woman "a very credible witness"? I wonder what his opinion will be next week...

Video:
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2018/oct/03/i-dont-know-laughter-as-trump-mocks-fords-sexual-assault-testimony-video
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    A bit of trouble for the EU at the moment, Italy seems to be in a spot of bother, their economy is struggling and it has even been said they are heading the same way as Argentina and Greece, Juncker denounced their plans and his ill chosen words made matters worse for them, pushing up the cost of borrowing and causing share prices in Italys Banks to plummet. Italian deputy PM launched a scathing attack on Juncker which is always good fun in my view, saying "he should drink two glasses of water before he opens his mouth" :))
    So much for Junckers speach last year that said the wind was once again in the eu's sails " the cracks of division and economic plights for some are still very present, Brexit has been a welcome distraction from them but I wouldn't be surprised if we see another euro zone crisis in the not too distant future.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/10/04/russian-gru-operatives-caught-hacking-chemical-weapons-watchdog/
    Russian GRU agents caught hacking the chemical weapons
    Watchdog. These are the same Russians who ( with a wink )
    Say they had nothing to do with the Sailsbury poisoning :))
    Yes I was going to post on this, the Russians say the West has "spy mania" is anyone else under the impression Russia is actually engaged in a war on the West? Particularly given the statement in the US today?
    I think many in Russia, especially the regime, feel they bare engaged in a low intensity war with the West.
    Number24 wrote:
    The president of the USA mocking a (alleged) victim of sexual assault at a rally
    Imagine that headline about any other president in the history of the country - it would be a huge scandal that might end his presidency. With Donald Trump it's business as usual. Remember last week? Way back when he called the same woman "a very credible witness"? I wonder what his opinion will be next week...

Video:
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2018/oct/03/i-dont-know-laughter-as-trump-mocks-fords-sexual-assault-testimony-video
    I am speechless. The man can literally do anything and it does not matter.
    Trump is an amazing character, he can do the most outrageous things, and ....
    ....... Nothing ! ...... He just moves on to the next outburst :o
    This must be very embarassing for many Republicans.
    For some republicans, it HAS to be embarassing !
    For some republicans, it HAS to be embarassing !
    The REPORTED statistics in in the US is 1 in 10 males , 1 in 4 females is sexually assaulted and 1 in 12 people are stalked. So the government is saying over and over that does not matter. NPR (national public radio) has been airing survivor stories and I am so grateful. We need some voice saying all of this is BS.
    It sounds like a Brexit deal is imminent, on a Canada +++ footing. Though many believe accepting this would leave the UK still too tied to the EU I can't help feeling some were a little naive to think we would leave with no deal at all?
    Meanwhile the anti EU war drums in Italy are sounding even louder as they rebuke their masters once again.
    On Trump, I'm starting to think many are just bunkered down waiting for his Trump show to come to a end. The man has few morals it seems and just gets away with outrageous un presidential behaviour, and some outright jaw dropping policies (like a import duty war with China anyone remember bananagate?)
    The stats quoted by Vesper melegrano are terrible to say the least.
    With Brexit, I'd prefer a clean break. I can't see why it's
    So hard to leave. The EU has made it clear we're not
    Welcome .
    I think it's hard because the British want the advatages of EU memembership, but not the obligations/drawbacks. Meanwhile the EU wants continues trade with the British, but they don't want the deal to be so good it motivate other nations to follow the UK out of the Union. Both views are peerfectly understandable.
    This is something the EU will have to plan for as several
    Countries, seem to have a popular vote to leave. It is odd
    How the leaders of the EU don't seem to accept the fact
    That so many in the countries they oversee are very
    Unhappy with the direction they're taking.
    I think many popiticians are too eager to integrate the EU, far more than much of the population. This is a mistake, since it makes the EU unpopular.
    A war correspondent just found "English for the Islamic State - book two" in Syria. It was more interesting than most school books. Children learn sentences like "He can bomb, can't he?", "This is a pistol", "How many bullets is there in a gun?" (a grammar error there), "Amaar's father was killed in an air strike. He is now a martyr in paradise".
    edited October 2018
    I'm following the journalist Khashoggi who mysteriously disapeared in the Saudi embassy. It's touching how much Erdogan and Trump suddenly cares about critical journalists :))
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Fingers crossed ;%
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    President Trump on global warming:

“I think something’s happening. Something’s changing and it’ll change back again,” he said. “I don’t think it’s a hoax. I think there’s probably a difference. But I don’t know that it’s manmade. I will say this: I don’t want to give trillions and trillions of dollars. I don’t want to lose millions and millions of jobs.”

I don't know if I should laugh or cry, so I'll do both.
This discussion has been closed.