Coronavirus

1323335373853

Comments

  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    There does seem to be a feeling of noncompliance from a lot of people. I think many people are
    just tired of the restrictions. They're wrong obviously ( Only my opinion ) but I think a certain
    amount of " lethargy" is setting in as there seems to be no end in sight for it to end, or perhaps
    no Plan seems to be followed :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,398MI6 Agent
    The virus for sure is not getting tired and lethargic and probably people should ask the virus when there will be the end of it.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

    Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,161MI6 Agent
    Especially for Higgins, there's a new Coronavirus 'tier' alert system in operation across Europe (and particularly Vienna):

    DALTON.png
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,271Chief of Staff
    :)) :)) :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,398MI6 Agent
    :D :D :D l
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

    Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,004MI6 Agent
    I post here because I think it is the most relevant discussion.

    I wonder if anyone else has practical problems while wearing face masks? I find them very irritating and difficult to breath while wearing them. I wear them to comply with the laws.

    I cannot understand the reason for people who wear them while driving alone in cars?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,398MI6 Agent
    people in Asia are wearing masks all the time when they are sick or when others are sick.
    Same with Drs and medical workers worldwide.

    No one complains about serious breathing issues etc maybe changing the maker of masks solves the issue
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

    Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    edited January 9
    .
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,271Chief of Staff
    I would be ever so pleased if the bickering could be confined to just one thread. Or even better, PMs (yes, I know, but I do have to suggest that). Less work for me to do, more time to think up new Imaginary Conversations.... Oh, wait a minute- maybe that's the plan! :o
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,398MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    With Higgins and the new world order.
    No complaints, or opposing thoughts
    Are acceptable. Just Obey ! Obey !

    Such is life under a socialist doctrine


    booo-hoo :)) :))

    Questioning pseudo-complaints by inserting some real life observations together with a wellversed advise is socialist doctrine

    :)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

    Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,271Chief of Staff
    That is NOT the spirit, Higgy-bum.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,398MI6 Agent
    you where too fast, Barbel ;)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

    Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,271Chief of Staff
    Stop. Now.
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,004MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    I post here because I think it is the most relevant discussion.

    I wonder if anyone else has practical problems while wearing face masks? I find them very irritating and difficult to breath while wearing them. I wear them to comply with the laws.

    I cannot understand the reason for people who wear them while driving alone in cars?

    I am making a legitimate post here. I do not expect to have my experiences with a mask called a 'pseudo-complaint'.

    Perhaps I should adopt the strategy of being 'offended' and also demanding an apology?

    No, I leave that to others.

    I have issues of breathing wearing a mask. The masks I use are the same as every one else uses. The paper ones and the fabric ones which I wear at my duties at work but there may be some truth in that better quality masks may help.

    I struggle to believe that of all the people in Asia who wear masks there are none who suffer from similar problems?
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,492MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    I post here because I think it is the most relevant discussion.

    I wonder if anyone else has practical problems while wearing face masks? I find them very irritating and difficult to breath while wearing them. I wear them to comply with the laws.

    I cannot understand the reason for people who wear them while driving alone in cars?


    The biggest problem I have with a mask is if the weather is a bit wet and miserable it makes my glasses steam up!!

    The people you see in cars may be mini cab drivers. I see the drivers from my local firm wearing masks all the time whether they have passengers or not. It's probably easier to leave them on if you've just dropped a passenger off then going straight to pick up another one.
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,004MI6 Agent
    This could be that case, and one that I had not considered. I have not noticed any taxi marking on the cars though, they appear to be all private cars.
    I do not wear glasses but have been told that same thing from other people. I get like a short of breath sensation. I do not know if this is is a physical thing or (I do not know the words in English) a in the mind reaction? What ever it is I find the masks very irritating.

    I wonder if indeed there are any other than the usual type of mask which might help?
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,492MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    This could be that case, and one that I had not considered. I have not noticed any taxi marking on the cars though, they appear to be all private cars.
    I do not wear glasses but have been told that same thing from other people. I get like a short of breath sensation. I do not know if this is is a physical thing or (I do not know the words in English) a in the mind reaction? What ever it is I find the masks very irritating.

    I wonder if indeed there are any other than the usual type of mask which might help?

    The word is psychological. It may well be that because it is such an alien thing for us to do. I still find it odd to look around me and everyone is wearing a mask.


    You should try a few different ones because people do seem to have a preference. My dad has problems with his vision, looking downwards, and the paper masks really cause him issues but the fabric masks not so much. I have no idea why.

    Some give me spots, some give me headaches and some are just uncomfortable. I prefer the paper masks but I have a couple of fabric ones too.

    Also, it sounds a bit silly, but the size of your head can have an affect in regards to how they fit and comfort.


    When I do any washing and I'm going through pockets, it was always tissues that were the bane of my life. Now it's masks!!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,398MI6 Agent
    in my experience facemasks by Uniqlo work best.

    But in Joshua‘s case when working with and for elderly people, a FFP2 or higher may be required. And those are harder to breathe.
    Medical staff are wearing FFP2 and higher for longer periods during the day.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

    Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,271Chief of Staff
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Joshua wrote:
    This could be that case, and one that I had not considered. I have not noticed any taxi marking on the cars though, they appear to be all private cars.
    I do not wear glasses but have been told that same thing from other people. I get like a short of breath sensation. I do not know if this is is a physical thing or (I do not know the words in English) a in the mind reaction? What ever it is I find the masks very irritating.

    I wonder if indeed there are any other than the usual type of mask which might help?

    The word is psychological. It may well be that because it is such an alien thing for us to do. I still find it odd to look around me and everyone is wearing a mask.


    You should try a few different ones because people do seem to have a preference. My dad has problems with his vision, looking downwards, and the paper masks really cause him issues but the fabric masks not so much. I have no idea why.

    Some give me spots, some give me headaches and some are just uncomfortable. I prefer the paper masks but I have a couple of fabric ones too.

    Also, it sounds a bit silly, but the size of your head can have an affect in regards to how they fit and comfort.


    When I do any washing and I'm going through pockets, it was always tissues that were the bane of my life. Now it's masks!!

    I find the fabric masks more comfortable than the paper ones.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,492MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    in my experience facemasks by Uniqlo work best.

    But in Joshua‘s case when working with and for elderly people, a FFP2 or higher may be required. And those are harder to breathe.
    Medical staff are wearing FFP2 and higher for longer periods during the day.

    My hubby does driver training for the emergency services and he wears an N95 (same as a FFP2 I think). Not the most comfortable but the safest. Anyone working as a carer or care home environment should be wearing those.


    With all this talk of masks I recommend you watch this ... It's very clever, especially if you appreciate a bit of Beauty and The Beast. 'Wear A Mask ' :)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltjBT_TuUVA
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,492MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    I find the fabric masks more comfortable than the paper ones.

    If you put the band back together Barbel, maybe you need to try this ...

    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/18/entertainment/flaming-lips-bubble-concert-oklahoma-city-covid-trnd/index.html
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,271Chief of Staff
    :)) :)) :))
    Sadly, it doesn't look like the band will be getting back together. Well, perhaps for a festival gig or the like.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    edited January 9
    .
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,492MI6 Agent
    I have a selection of cloth masks, which I wash at night and they're always dry in the morning. :)

    Ironically, your Batman mask doesn't cover your nose or mouth :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    edited January 9
    .
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Spy Who Never DiesThe Spy Who Never Dies UKPosts: 642MI6 Agent
    I've painted the 007 logo onto one of my white cloth masks. :D I used fabric paints which are washable.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,271Chief of Staff
    If I send you mine, would you do the same? I think we have six of them.... :D
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 857MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    I post here because I think it is the most relevant discussion.

    I wonder if anyone else has practical problems while wearing face masks? I find them very irritating and difficult to breath while wearing them. I wear them to comply with the laws.

    I cannot understand the reason for people who wear them while driving alone in cars?

    Well, in addition to my shades fogging up; none. But then again, I sometimes go jogging wearing a gas mask, just keep up to date in my long-gone-irrelevant training and past job description.

    Wait!

    Avoid eating garlic!!
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,271Chief of Staff
    Christopher-Lee1.jpg

    I never eat.... garlic.
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,004MI6 Agent
    I have taken note of the different masks and will investigate (I don't need a gas mask though!). The replies have been most informative.

    With regard to 'fogging up' of spectacles, I am not sure if this trick will work, but we used to spit into the lenses of diving masks then rub it in to stop them from becoming misty. Perhaps a little bit of saliva rubbed into the inside of the lens might stop the problem? I'm not sure if it would affect vision though? It is fine under water but otherwise?
This discussion has been closed.