Coronavirus

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,605MI6 Agent
    Objectively speaking that's the case for me too. :))
    Based on what real virilogists say there is hope for NTTD in April. The Western world will start getting vaccines in January (The West has bought 80% of the up coming vaccines). With some luck and good work the general population will start reciving vaccines in April.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,474MI6 Agent
    Personally I think all politicians did what they thought was best, some good ,some bad decisions, I'm
    only glad I didn't have to make any of those decisions, and will give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm
    sure they were all following scientific advice. It's always easy to be wise after the event. ;)

I agree with you here 97% - with the exception of those leaders who decided to ignore the threat right from the beginning and did basically nothing!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    edited January 9
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I'm not sure Trump did what he thought was best for the American people when it comes to Covid-19, to be honest. I think his ego and the stock exchange was far more important to him than the safety of the American people. He was briefed early on and knew what the dangers were, but still played corona down and mocked those who took it seriously.
    This thread is getting too political. Sorry, partly my mistake.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,988Chief of Staff
    Well, it's brought a smile to my face.
    edited January 9
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    But of course. :))
    edited January 9
    I really hope so!
    "God bless us every one", to quote Tiny Tim. :)
    edited January 9
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,002MI6 Agent
    I think Higgins and myself partially agreeing on something, could be counted
    as a Christmas miracle. :D maybe it's a good omen for 2021 ;)

I wouldn’t say it’s a miracle or a good omen at all. Just that you have a mental deterioration perhaps.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,474MI6 Agent
    For sure not as mentally deteriorated as yourself after that
    little snake has almost killed you :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,303MI6 Agent
    Have the three ghosts of Christmas past, present and future visited Higgins this Yuletide?

I feel an imaginary conversation coming on... :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    :)) Oh, definitely! But first there's the one which will be opening on Dec 1st... which is tomorrow in UK time!
    Sure would be a terrific coincidence if our beloved Higgins had a major part in that, wouldn't it?
    Have the three ghosts of Christmas past, present and future visited Higgins this Yuletide?

I feel an imaginary conversation coming on... :))

Brexit? Humbug! :D
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,303MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    :)) Oh, definitely! But first there's the one which will be opening on Dec 1st... which is tomorrow in UK time!
    Sure would be a terrific coincidence if our beloved Higgins had a major part in that, wouldn't it?

:)) :)) :))
    Coincidence? It'd be more like enemy action... :D I look forward to this year's AJB advent calendar :o
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    13% of the hospital beds in the US the are used by corona patients, according to the authorities. Some fear the health system may collapse if the Thanksgiving holiday causes more outbreaks, I read. Let't hope for the best for Americans!
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,685MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    13% of the hospital beds in the US the are used by corona patients, according to the authorities. Some fear the health system may collapse if the Thanksgiving holiday causes more outbreaks, I read. Let't hope for the best for Americans!

I'm in San Mateo, in California. I believe they said on the news almost all of the ICU beds in my county are filled. The hospitals are distributing patients to other hospitals just so one hospital doesn't get overwhelmed.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    edited January 9
    Danish swinger clubs have found a loop-hole in the corona restrictions. They have been classified as fitness clubs, so they are only required to wear protection on their helmets and not on their faces :))
    edited January 9
    I do love human ingenuity -{ as with the church in some part of America that
    has designated itself as a " Strip Club " as unlike churches they are allowed to
    open in that state :D

( I know you guys like to fact check my political posts, but I don't have a link, so this
    could be an urban myth )

It sounds true and I'd like it to be true, so can we agree not to fact check this one? :D

The story also made me wonder if any churches in a different state with different corona restrictions has registered as strip clubs?
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,685MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I do love human ingenuity -{ as with the church in some part of America that
    has designated itself as a " Strip Club " as unlike churches they are allowed to
    open in that state :D

( I know you guys like to fact check my political posts, but I don't have a link, so this
    could be an urban myth )

It sounds true and I'd like it to be true, so can we agree not to fact check this one? :D

The story also made me wonder if any churches in a different state with different corona restrictions has registered as strip clubs?

In my area of the World they were allowing limited seating capacity in restaurants, but bars couldn't open. So what did bars start to do? You guessed it, a small menu of food so they could open up. That was short lived though as most of California has moved to tougher restrictions due to increasing cases. Restaurants have to move to take-out only. They may still offer outdoor dining, but a very limited capacity. And it has to be true outdoor dining, not the tent with with windows and three sides on it. I call that the indoor dining, thats placed outside but still considered indoors. Lots of other retail establishments have to close back up. People are getting agitated.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    edited December 2020
    I found something Trump has said that's (almost) completely true!
    Trump keeps saying the US tests more people than anyone else. How much countries test their populations is interesting and important, so I Googled it. It turns out only the UK tests more than the US.
    (Norway is not among the top 12)
    edited January 9
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,592MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Danish swinger clubs have found a loop-hole in the corona restrictions. They have been classified as fitness clubs, so they are only required to wear protection on their helmets and not on their faces :))

I'd fit right in with my leather mask :))
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    The new word of the year will be chosen by the Norwegian Language Council on Friday, and it will almost certainly be Corona related. Among the favourites are "hytteskam" ("cabin shame") , the feeling you get when you visit your cabin. Cabins are usually in small municipalities with a tiny health system. I'm sure this is a common problem in most countries :v
    Another candidate is "søringkarantene" ("southerners' quarantene"). In the spring Northern Norway forced people to go into a quarantene if we wanted to visit the north because their part of the country had very few examples of infection. Back in the day northerners were treated a bit like Irishmen were in England, so many saw this as the revenge of the north. :D

Please share words and expressions born from the pandemic!
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 864MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    The new word of the year will be chosen by the Norwegian Language Council on Friday, and it will almost certainly be Corona related. Among the favourites are "hytteskam" ("cabin shame") , the feeling you get when you visit your cabin. Cabins are usually in small municipalities with a tiny health system. I'm sure this is a common problem in most countries :v
    Another candidate is "søringkarantene" ("southerners' quarantene"). In the spring Northern Norway forced people to go into a quarantene if we wanted to visit the north because their part of the country had very few examples of infection. Back in the day northerners were treated a bit like Irishmen were in England, so many saw this as the revenge of the north. :D

Please share words and expressions born from the pandemic!

The word of the year is still fighting the legal challenges to the vote count, but we have several words of the month: for January it was, predictably, Coronavirus. In March it was emergency powers act (valmiuslaki), and in August it was mass exposure (joukkoaltistuminen).
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
This discussion has been closed.