NTTD Navy Blue Swim Shorts

Comments

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent

Good round up Tennyson buy a few key points missing that I don’t think were ever discussed in this thread 

In this thebondexperience video from the 24thof July https://youtu.be/ZlUGXt5hK_Q DZ is asked if he knows what the shorts are and replies with “not publicly”. See vid at 24:45 mark.

In a more recent video on SEP 16 here: https://youtu.be/2eKFY9Q8HP0discussing the OB tshirts in NTTD, DZ wears a very SA looking pair of shorts which he refers to as “the shorts”. (Take this with a grain of salt as he also wears a pair of random Levi’s jeans to replicate the garage jeans)

DZ is so generous with his audience. I really doubt he’s holding back out of sheer self interest.

I did ask Mattia if he know the shorts ID and he said he does not.

• SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent

@Bond_Ambitions Great catch. Haha

I thought I was good for swim shorts, but this tornado has well and truly picked me up!

I NEED these shorts now. Like, in order to be happy.

...a brother from Sydney
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

Thanks @Bond_Ambitions , I had only seen one of these videos (The OB-T) one, but even after watching the first one, along with the OBT one again, although some might see this as 'evidence of conspiracy', my view is unchanged.

The OB-T one is easy to dismiss, his shorts look just like my Amazon pair, and yes he does refer to them as “the shorts”, but like you correctly point out, DZ does the same with the TF jeans in the Garage Outfit, referring to them as “the jeans”. (clearly there are dinner jackets and Dinner Jackets) - I think this is simply a turn of phrase that DZ uses.

With regards to the style one, yes when asked if they are identified, he does reply ‘not publicly’ - and then he mentions brands /launches etc. Although one might surmise then clearly they are ‘privately identified’, that is still not ‘confirmed’. I recall that Simon R identified the Spectre JV jacket first, and privately told DZ (which he mentioned in his VLOG at the time), but they were awaiting confirmation from JV which was one reason they kept the find quiet. This could be the same here, back then someone believed they sourced it, tipped of DZ, but at the time this video was made they were still awaiting confirmation, why may or may not have happened…we will never know. Also remember what DZ does for a living.. marketing, he’s all about suspense and intrigue!!

I also honestly believe that DZ is a top guy, and wouldn't hold back - if (and its a big if in my mind) he has signed an NDA or knows but cant tell, I really dont think he would wear or display them at all, anywhere.

I still come back to my original point about why wait this long, and since I wrote the first lengthy post earlier today, its dawned on me that there is zero chance that a brand, any brand, including the wealthiest would hold off for a big glitzy showbiz launch at Goldeneye (or anywhere), for a pair of shorts that only sad geeks like us like/want, that get 2 minutes (max) of screen time, for fall/winter 2021…

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Thanks @Tennyson for the very insight recap of all the process happening in this thread. And don't worry, I won't take it personal.

Just to be absolutely clear with you all I can state with certainty I DON'T know what the brand is for those swimming short. And I have searched for them God knows how much time.

I stated they are not from DR simply because my contacts (which helped me IDing Q's pijama in the plane scenes) there confirmed that something was provided to the costume department, but nothing woth those particular features. At least I don't think they converted classic pockets to zipper pockets. Is that possible?

They're not from OB as well, as I recall David mentioned I one of his videos. I also contacted them when confirming the t-shirts Bond wears and I was told that such an item was not provided to the costume department.

And unlikely some people state, for what I know only David has been seen with the supposed model in his Jamaican 'retirement'. No other influencers, nor people affiliated to the Bond community.

Myself saying they should have been released after the movie is because a member in here, which seems to have disappeared since some time, contacted me saying they would have been released soon after the movie was out. Anyway, when asking for the brand he didn't even answer to message...

That's it. No more, no less. But be certain I'll continue searching for them until I found a match!

• ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent

The first OB item I bought was a pair of navy Bulldog swim shorts back in 2012. They’re still going strong and paired with any old grey T-shirt scratches any itch I may have. I doubt anyone will approach me and say hey they’re not screen accurate buddy 😂

Yes. Considerably!
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

I've seen two, at last count, influencers from the same circles post Insta stories with shorts that look identical and have the same zips, which is what I noticed.

So personally I believe "not publicly" means just that. It is known and shared, just privately. Which is of course entirely fine, no one has any duty to share anything they are told or discover and we already benefit from an over abundance of generosity in these matters, not least fro yourself.

The only thing that is irksome is that multiple people have made multiple hints of knowledge and upcoming announcements that have proved to be nonsense.

As someone who takes swimming as their daily exercise I've always been overly interested in the water based items of Bond so was hoping they would be revealed at some point. May have to wait until there is a proper Christie's or other action for NTTD.

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

The reason people may be keeping quiet may just be due to the things not being made anymore. If that’s the case it’s usual for people to not share until their close friends and contacts have sourced a pair. There would be little hope of that if the brand and model were made public.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

Isn’t this what happened with the SP beanie? Which turned out to be charcoal instead of navy if I’m remembering correctly.

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

I can’t remember. But it sounds about right 🤣

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent

The elusive CR PTS cardigan is high on that list!

I edit, therefore I am.
  • singhammersinghammer Posts: 108MI6 Agent

I thought that was the Gant cardigan Daniel Craig was also wearing in personal life at that time.

• Screw these shorts...man.... Screw 'em!

I really am beginning to hate them.

If I'm lucky enough to find a pair, I might be tempted to soak them in kerosene, light them on fire and just watch them burn.

So elusive.

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

🔔

I suspect these shorts are long gone, but the "influencers" for whom we're getting the pitchforks out are also your best chance to mount a reissue campaign, and are likely in the midst of doing so. Gnash your teeth if you must but these are the dudes who got quite a few things rolling on that front (for better or worse - never forget the wine-colored Dr No terry polo).

The idea that any of us are owed anything is unrealistic. It's always great when someone's able to ID and source these things, but some of these guys have spent years building their channels/presences and their relationships with the brands. It can dip into cronyism, sure, but who among us isn't helping our friends before helping strangers online? If something is rare and I know where to find three, I'm going to sort out my friends before creating a feeding frenzy online.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I agree HM. I must confess in complete honesty that if I was the first to identify something that I really liked, I wouldn't tell anyone until I had secured it for myself. If they were very difficult to acquire and I had a close friend who was similarly interested and who I knew had been searching - or someone who had kindly helped me in the past - I would assist them before I publicly identified it. That said, I would not mass buy something with a view to making a profit later, because that's just not me and never has been, but I have no issue with anyone taking care of themselves first and perhaps a few close associates.

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

I mean at this point it’s just a bit ridiculous. They are shorts, not secret unreleased paintings from the queen. The whole “not allowed” to say but yet constantly wearing I think is what is ruffling a few feathers.

Again, those that know/own seem to be genuinely nice people so I dont wanna say anything bad about anyone and not trying to take shots at anyone, just my observations on why people seem to be getting a tad annoyed. After all, the movie has been out for a while now so the whole “not allowed to say or embargo” or whatever, just seems silly at this point bc again.. they are a pair of shorts. Yes, I want them, but acting like this is going to be some big huge reveal i think is a bit farfetched. Fact is most likely the only people that care are on this forum. Just bc its a huge deal to us doesn’t necessarily mean it actually is. I would just say best chance is to stick to our own researching to figure this one out. I will keep trying as well.

also worth noting, an “embargo” which was stated, is essentially when shipping to certain countries isn’t currently allowed. Now I dont know if this was just generalized wording used that maybe wasn’t completely accurate but if it is then worth looking into companies not in the U.S. and that are currently not shipping to the U.S.

Maybe that can help the few detectives out there still looking.

I knew it was from his personal collection, but wasn't aware we had a brand. Thanks.

I edit, therefore I am.
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent

That's all fine and well, but flaunting them (if those are even the correct ones) in multiple video filmed over an entire year, could be seen as poor form by some, Probably better not to drop little hints or display the item publicly, if you're planning to just keep it secret.

I don't personally care too much about getting any shorts for myself, and if I did care, I have a pair of cheap blue shorts that look pretty close.. lol. That said - hopefully those of you that want them can get some at some point, or if they are long sold out maybe the influencer bunch can get a reproduction run going, even if it's Royale or someone. 👍️

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

Conspiracy theories aside 😜, do we even know if the shorts in Italy with Madeleine are the same as the ones in Jamaica? Or are we hunting two different pairs, one for a whooping 2 seconds in screen?

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
    edited October 2021

Despite the fact that the OB T is clearly designed to have an arc from the Sunspel T in CR I think given narratively there is 5 years between the incidents we could conclude they're likely to be different shorts.

Although...SPOILER.

Their luggage had been loaded before they left the hotel.

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

Why, yes, had no doubts as for in-universe existence. My doubt remains inasmuch whether Suttirat did source two different sources, or said "screw it" and used the same one for both sequences.

And truly, @Royale-les-Eaux, had the shorts had an arc like the t-shirt, there might have been unintended consequences, dare I say...

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."

In the two second clip in both fit, colour and movement when he is jogging down to the sea they do look very similar.

• Still nothing?

Has anyone tried to message Mr. Zaritsky?

How funny would it be if he just tells the first person who asks him?

• shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent

Has anyone contacted the costume designer?

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

"Flaunting" is a stretch. They wore them in a photo?

This policing of individual behavior is kind of gross!

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

To just chime in real quick, the problem people are having is that it was said along the lines of “I do know but I cant say, but you’ll know very soon” this was months ago and kinda stated a few times but they have been worn on camera countless times, not just for photos but several publicly posted videos.

Again, gotta say this is in no way a shot at anyone, bc the people that have been wearing them and on camera seem like very genuinely nice people. Just stating kind of why everyone is a tad frustrated as the movie has been out for a bit now.

Especially with now coming out that Suttirat ( the costume designer) although not specifically but connecting the dots, said in the Blamo! Podcast that this shorts/t-shirt outfit was more of a backup bc they had fully fitted DC for a wetsuit but the weather was way hotter and humid than they anticipated so ultimately had to be scrapped and a backup had to be used. As there are only so many instances where a wetsuit could be worn, its assumed it was the spearfishing/coming back with the fish scene.

edited October 2021

I edit, therefore I am.
    edited October 2021

Full wetsuits aren't really appropriate for tropical spearfishing anyway. A Lycra "skin" suit or a pair of swim trunks plus a rashguard are more realistic. Most people wouldn't keep a suit fully on once out of the water anyway, especially if they had to pilot a 46-foot sailing yacht home. So trunks and a tee work.

I edit, therefore I am.

Now I know you must have filed them but I can’t find the approval forms for this comment?! 😝

This is interesting - although every mention of spearfishing makes me sad...without getting into spoiler territory, if I feel let down by NTTD in any way, one is definitely the underuse of stalking with a speargun scenes in the film v the trailers!