Who should play the next MI6 regulars?

13»

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 19,992MI6 Agent
    edited January 31

My favourite to play Q, Sally Hawkins: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1020089/

My favourite to play Moneypenny, Phoebe Waller-Bridge: Phoebe Waller-Bridge - IMDb

• Trigger_MortisTrigger_Mortis Posts: 91MI6 Agent

Moneypenny:

I've found a new candidate to play Moneypenny. Right now I'm watching the mini-series "Around the world in 80 days" based on Jules Verne's novel. It stars David Tennant as Philias Fogg and Leonie Benesch as Abigail Fix who wasn't in the novel. in her thirty years she's been in "The white ribbon", "Babylon Berlin", "The Crown" and much more. Especially in Babylon Berlin she commanded the screen and commanded the screen in every scene. She also .... (whisper it) .... German. Benesch lives in London and to my ears she speaks English perfectly. I don't know if it's high treason to even suggest someone from ....... that country as Britain's last line of defence. In that case I'll delete this post and swear it never existed.

A member of the other place says Ben Whishaw has said he won't return to the Bond movies. Has anyone read this anywhere? Are there any sourses?

edited January 31

My favourites so far:

Hugh Laurie as M:

Sally Hawkins as Q:

Phoebe Waller-Bridge or Maisie Williams as Miss Moneypenny:

LaKeith Stanfield as Felix Leither:

I don't know who I want to play Bill Tanner yet. Bond's best friend in the service (who's named Bill) must obviously be male, but I wouldn't mind if he was of East Asian, middle eastern or Indian decent. Regardless I see him as roughly Bond's age.

Who gets cast as Bond himself will probably influence who fits the Scooby gang, but I find it fun to speculate. I think an actor like Himesh Patel could be a good Bill Tanner. He's British, but of Indian decent born in Zambia. He's 31 years old and was in Eastenders, Tenet, The Aeronauts and "Don't look up". He played the lead in Danny Boyle's "Yesterday". Himesh Patel - IMDb

• Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 186MI6 Agent

If Ben Wishaw does indeed leave the Q Role then please could they bring John Cleese back as he was great in the Brosnan Films.

edited February 19

I think Cleese was adequate in the Brosnan movies, but I can't imagine they'll bring him back now. We also need to remember Cleese is 82 years old and the new Q will be cast at least for the tenure of the next Bond actor. This means he'll probably be about a hundred years old by the end of it. But what I imagine is the basic idea behind your suggestion, to continue the Connery-Brosnan timeline, is a possibility.

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 142MI6 Agent

LaKeith would be far far better suited as the next villain. I wouldn't want him to play Felix. I think himesh Patel could be a great Q. However, after seeing his brief little cameo in Wonder Woman 1984, I'd love like to see Asim Chaudhry play Q. He's v funny.

• Trigger_MortisTrigger_Mortis Posts: 91MI6 Agent

Matt Smith as Q.

• Alex006Alex006 Posts: 150MI6 Agent

Perhaps Joseph Fiennes as M? ;)