Who should play the next MI6 regulars?

12346»

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    edited October 2023

That would work, but I prefer character actors best known as leads in the theatre. These actresses are very well known for other roles to most people.

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,253MI6 Agent

God, no. We should have less well known actors in these support roles. Springing in Oscar winners is a headline catcher and deflects from the main cast.

To qualify it a little, I think M can be played by a movie star. The latest M is certainly a star. The rest of the regulars should be cast with lesser known actors, even though I'm gulity of suggesting famous people in these roles.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

Theatre is a good shout - lots of superb actors without breakout profile that would enrich roles without pulling focus.

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    edited October 2023

Kidman is way too big of a star and would also probably be too expensive.

I'd go with Blanchett. I think she's much more of a chameleon and could easily inhabit the role of M both looks wise and personality wise.

Blanchett could also do a great Bond villain.

I would also put out Gillian Anderson as a very good option if they want to go the female route for M. American born but raised in London and the USA. If she has the Brit cred/pedigree to play Maggie Thatcher, she certainly can play M.

• kristopherm3kristopherm3 Posts: 156MI6 Agent

Ideally unknowns so we can keep M, Q and Moneypenny back at the office as much as possible. Their constant presence throughout the Craig era was sorely off-putting for me.

In my opinion the actors playing M and the villain can be stars in the first movie for a new bond actor. The title song artist and maybe the director can also be big names, but ideally not the others.

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent

I agree. You don't want your new Bond to be overshadowed by a big name. However that being said, I think you still need very good actors in those roles. If you go big name for M, you go older.

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 249MI6 Agent

I recently watched White Noise and thought Jodie Turner Smith made a great impression. She'd make a good Moneypenny or even Q

• sloopsuitsloopsuit Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    edited February 4

M: Kate Beckinsdale for a female

Charles Dance for a male

Moneypenny: Anya Taylor-Joy

Q: it really doesn’t matter since Bond ditched gadgets

edited February 5

Has Bond ditched gadgets? There were gadgets in Craigs movies and as far as i know there is no indication the next Bond won't have gadgets.