Who will be the director of Bond26?

13»

Comments

• GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 4,161MI6 Agent

To that end, if you're going with a 'new feel', I again submit Gareth Evans.

Also, he did a good Netflix movie called THE APOSTLE with Dan Stevens a couple of years ago. Again, very bloody, but he got some great performances out of everyone.

Another option: if they're willing to punt a complete reboot of Bond for 10 years or so, they COULD get Nolan on board and just say 'here, make a trilogy with Tom Hardy' and let him go nuts. That'd be a short term solution to the problem that would generate huge buzz, probably huge box office numbers, and probably some critical acclaim. While he's doing that, you start to groom who will take over once Nolan/Hardy are done.

Current rankings (updated 12/21)
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>NTTD>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>DN>YOLT>OP>
    TND>TWINE>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 2,636MI6 Agent

All depends on the direction they want go really.

Nolan/Hardy Would bring (almost) guaranteed box office success, I imagine. Both are very popular.

I still think Edgar Wright would be an interesting choice.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 4,161MI6 Agent

I'd be keen on Edgar Wright as well. Excellent suggestion.

He's still responsible for the best car chase ever committed to film:

Current rankings (updated 12/21)
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>NTTD>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>DN>YOLT>OP>
    TND>TWINE>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton
  • LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 142MI6 Agent
    edited May 11

I really loved the fight scenes in Gangs of London. I would be very happy if Gareth Evans was hired. However, Eon seem to be moving towards arty directors. I wouldn't rule Evans out, but I think they are Oscar-calibre or newcomers with that potential for director job.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bw7phg

At around 4:30 minutes, Denis Villeneuve says that his guilty pleasure are the James Bond films. He says that CR and SF are his favourites. It's a sin that he never made a Craig-era film. However, if they wanted to keep some of the tone of Craig's era for the reboot (which I think they will), then they should look no further than Villeneuve. He can even pull off the white tuxedo himself.....