Coronavirus

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    edited January 2021
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,764MI6 Agent
    Is there a legal time limit on how long the UK government can have lockdown at a time, perhaps requiring the Parlamentet to okay it?
    Speaking of lockdown - for the first time during the pandemic some in Norway are speaking of a future lockdown. The current pretty strong measures lastes for two weeks, so I believe a lockdown here can only happen if the virus is out of control by that date.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    The „virus being out of control“ is pretty relative.

Australia for example closed an entire region because of 150 infections in total!
    And in Hong Kong, every Covid Case is one too much and results in drastic measures by the government. Same in New Zealand with drastic measures until the number was Zero.

Here in Germany, the definition „out of control“ relates to numbers >50 per 100.000 citizens because then the authorities can‘t properly trace back potential infection paths.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    As many of you know, we have someone working for the NHS thus, I am kindly asking Sir Miles to reply to the following questions based on his insight that he has on his daily job:

- I am hearing still from people who compare Covid to the flu

- I am still hearing that a large or all Covid numbers are made up (to make more money or to mislead people into becoming sheep) - so basically everybody is now counted to Covid cases, even if they had a traffic accident or heart attack
    (IMO the excess mortality numbers for most of the country show that the Covid cases are slightly undercounted then overcounted)

- Can you tell us about the occupation numbers in the ERs and why they have been empty during many weeks in summer?
    (I think that I know the answer)

- Can you comment on the Nightingale hospitals - are they filling up ad why
    (from what I am hearing they are mostly empty because the lack of qualified staff)

- Can you confirm that crematorium storages are overflowing in some areas because of the increased numbers?

Thank you!

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited January 2021
    I have three close friends who work for the NHS. One nurse, one doctor and one supplier. As well as personally working closely within the toxins and infectious diseases industry.

1, It is comparable to flu, except it’s far more infectious and has a slightly higher mortality rate and can leave lasting medical conditions even if mildly contracted. Some of these serious. It attacks the body in a different way too as it can invade every cell in the body which can affect people with underlying health problems more severely.

2, Utter bollox. If anything, originally pathologists and coroners were reluctant to assign COVID related death certificates, and the Government downplayed the numbers as it made them look incompetent and late to the game in dealing with it. So the opposite is true to that rumour. It’s just daft.

3, ERs and beds are filling up again and shifts are increasing in hours. This is the main problem with the virus and what is most concerning. Not due to the mortality rate of the virus, but the simple fact that our hospitals may fill up and be overwhelmed. This has a knock on effect as then other patients can’t be treated as well, such as accidents and people who need emergency surgery. The hospitals emptied during the Summer as the infection rate was lower due to people isolating. That has led to a backlog of cancelled operations and treatment of other illnesses etc.

4, Nightingale hospitals were created to ease the pressure should regular hospitals become overwhelmed. This may happen if the infection rates keep on going up. No idea of the occupancy numbers, but there are sufficient staff numbers to run them at minimum capacity.

5, It’s not the case in the three hospitals they’re working at, but due to restrictions, there are delays in processing.

To sum it up. It’s not a deadly disease in terms of the mortality rate. But that isn’t the problem. It’s the intense virulent rate of infection and that more people need hospital treatment than with flu. If the NHS is overwhelmed this has serious knock on effects. A higher number of people get really ill too compared to flu. I couldn’t believe how it affected me and I’m still not 100% and that was in October. Breathing was a major problem and I had to have an ambulance called one night it was so bad. It’s affected my breathing, taste and smell and even my sight possibly permanently. If my parents get it, that’s it. Game over, as they both had pneumonia in Feb last year. If they get flu, they’ll probably get through that. Unless there are no beds if they need it.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Thanks Sir Miles for replying quick :D :D

As an aside. They’re working far more hours and more shifts. And they’ve had enough as they know it’s going to get worse in the near term. Holidays were cancelled for two of them, and they have no idea when they’ll be able to take them now. Their sympathy for some people is at a zero as this new increase is mainly due to idiotic and selfish behaviour. People moaning about the pubs being open so have parties in their houses are shooting themselves in the foot as they’re causing the pubs to be closed for longer. Just because they’re young and it probably won’t affect them is their main argument. They don’t think that they will be passing it on to loads of people who it will affect dramatically.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    It’s affected my breathing, taste and smell and even my sight possibly permanently. If my parents get it, that’s it.

There are voices out there saying that you‘ve never had taste.... :)) :)) :))

Higgins wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    It’s affected my breathing, taste and smell and even my sight possibly permanently. If my parents get it, that’s it.

There are voices out there saying that you‘ve never had taste.... :)) :)) :))

This is true. I have this friend from Germany who is the most ignorant ignoramous and has no redeeming qualities at all.
    You have friends? ?:) ?:)

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    Now, how did this all flare up? Perhaps Barbel should reopen the now inappropriately names Not Short-Lived Political Discussion thread to allow you all to vent over there and not here.

Like the public school that allows graffiti in its loos so it won't happen elsewhere (To Serve Them All My Days, early 1980s, for those who go back that far.)

Thanks Asp9mm for his post, that's helpful and I'm sorry to how yo've been afflicted.

One minor caveat re all deaths being listed as Covid when they're not. The Govt came out with this line back in spring/summer. The line went, wasn't it daft that if someone got Covid, then recovered, but then got 'knocked down by a bus' and died via other means, then it still gets recorded as a Covid death!! So instead, they said that if you lived 28 days after a Covid test, then the death would not be attributed to Covid (I think but don't know that it would be 28 days after a negative test once you no longer had it but not sure.)

Now this is all very well and sympathy was with the Govt on this, hitherto recording larger daily deaths than other countries because of the way we recorded them.
    But... it's also the Govt fiddling the figures, as per usual.
    It ignores the effect of long Covid. And really deaths in care homes, not to mention the whole lockdown thing, how many would get 'run over by a bus' or anything else? All such fatalities are minimal really even without lockdown.
    The husband of the TV presenter Kate Garraway got Covid. He's still far from recovered, he has long Covid. He is still in hospital I think and could hardly utter two words. But, if he died tomorrow (and I hope he doesn't) on the death certificate it can't say Covid because it's past the 28 day period and he no longer has it!

I'd also point out that care homes were toxic long before Covid was deliberately introduced into them to - imo - enact a legal cull of the elderly and vulnerable. It's up there with the construction industry in its corruption - corruption rigorously endorsed by the Conservative party over decades.
    They've rigged it so any care home death via neglect can be attributed to the inevitability of old age etc Any 'underlying health issues' and that will be cited as the cause. Covid is no different. Death by neglect can be attributed to Covid and no care home will ever get in to trouble because of it, how could they? It's hardly unique in care homes. The care home GP will likely be complicit because it's all a cosy deal, may are on a retainer from the care home giving them up to £20K a year to be in their service.

So they can play fast and loose with this. It a care home wants the numbers down, they can say it wasn't Covid, to give themselves a clean bill of health, but if there's widespread neglect, they can chalk any death up as Covid.
    As for getting bonuses for such deaths, this doesn't sound wholly implausible because I think that care homes get bonuses for deaths of a certain kind that are hurried along, sort of Liverpool Care Pathway-type stuff where a death is hastened and brought on. That latter point I can't prove but that sort of thing has gone on in the past.
    No care home will get sued for a Covid death. They can get sued by the family for death via neglect.

Once again I say, get Lasting Power of Attorney in Health and Welfare over your elderly parents or just parents because without that they can be put in a care home without your consent and if they did, they die - take it from me, the State won't give a damn, it saves them money.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Higgins wrote:

Game, set and match :))
    Now, how did this all flare up? Perhaps Barbel should reopen the now inappropriately names Not Short-Lived Political Discussion thread to allow you all to vent over there and not here.

I have an idea: "The not so short-lived political discussion thread" should be renamed "The frequently closed political discussion thread" :))
    Higgins wrote:

Yeah, you should try getting some.
    I‘d rather have none if it means, that I‘d have to deal with idiots like you :D

Number24 wrote:

I have an idea: "The not so short-lived political discussion thread" should be renamed "The frequently closed political discussion thread" :))

:)) :)) :))
    I think, it became a daily routine for Barbel just like brushing his teeth

Higgins wrote:
    I‘d rather have none if it means, that I‘d have to deal with idiots like you :D

And yet, you have none and still have to deal with me. Genius.

You truly are the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen.
    Just go and buy another pointless Fake-history laden Brewmond X-(

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    2, Utter bollox. If anything, originally pathologists and coroners were reluctant to assign COVID related death certificates, and the Government downplayed the numbers as it made them look incompetent and late to the game in dealing with it. So the opposite is true to that rumour. It’s just daft.

Isn't one of the issues with COVID is that it contributes to the shutting down of vital organs so if you are admitted with a heart attack and die and test positive for COVID it is seen as contributing factor?

As an aside, the Fire Brigade and Police are providing drivers to assist the Ambulance service so they they can split medical teams up.

https://www.mylondon.news/news/health/london-ambulance-staff-overwhelmed-firefighters-19584317
    Yes, that’s true. But I’m referencing what Higgins is getting at. That COVID numbers are being over inflated by the inclusion of deaths by people that hadn’t contracted the disease. How they are recording the deaths is swings and roundabouts, some COVID related deaths aren’t being recorded as such and some people that had contracted COVID but died in an unrelated death due to the way the data is gathered are. So it evens out both ways. As an example, if I died from respiratory failure now, my death wouldn’t be recorded as COVID related due to the time elapsed. But as I still have difficulty breathing during minimum exertion, it would most certainly be related in fact. Before this I had no underlying problems and was extremely fit.

Either way, the amount of deaths attributed to COVID is almost certainly massively undercounted. No Govt anywhere would want to overinflate that figure.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    As an example, if I died from respiratory failure now, my death

I think it's cruel to play with Higgins' health by writing stuff like this :v
    edited January 2021
    I‘d honestly miss this moron ;)

He's a bit like an itchy soaking foot fungus - there is something missing when it's gone and over :D :D :D

edited January 2021
    Higgins writes good posts about the EU, and my jest on another thread about us having the Bond films on telly before him because we left the EU was clearly that, self-mocking nonsense which Higgins appeared to take seriously.

Emtiem [Edit, it's not him, it's Asp9mm] had also written a fine post about Covid and has been personally affected. I don't agree about what he says about the way Covid deaths are recorded balancing out - there's no proof of that, that I can see - and I think Private Eye's Covid features dealt with that. All the same, because of Govt mismanagement of well everything, you also have to count deaths from other things like cancer that might have been prevented with better treatment not now given because of Covid in the country and lockdowns.

But ffs you two, if you argue with a person you think is an idiot, to a third party you both look like idiots. Even if ordinarily neither of you appear to be idiots.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Oh, he‘s without any doubt an idiot :D

And Nap, you have a pm

Higgins' PM to me explained the curious ongoing relationship that he has with Asp9mm.

Listening to it felt like Bond having the relationship between the Russians and the Bulgars explained to him by one of Kerim's sons... :s :))

iu.jpg

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    I dispute having anything with that moron X-(

Higgins wrote:
    I dispute having anything with that moron X-(

I agree. We have not had ‘anything’!
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Higgins' PM to me explained the curious ongoing relationship that he has with Asp9mm.

Listening to it felt like Bond having the relationship between the Russians and the Bulgars explained to him by one of Kerim's sons... :s :))
    :)) :) :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,510Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    Thanks Sir Miles for replying quick :D :D

A pleasure...I’m so glad you could understand the reply :))

Yep, perfectly summed up by Asp9mm -{
    YNWA 97
This discussion has been closed.