Imaginary Conversations

Comments

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 5,991MI6 Agent

ITV NEWS AT TEN - Sometime in 1964.

Trevor McDonald: And finally…a young woman has been found dead in a room at the famous Fountainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach. Apparently she was covered in paint - gold paint - from head to foot. The paint stops the skin from breathing and causes death by suffocation. Police are investigating the circumstances on what was a hectic day at the hotel. A guest had earlier complained that a male guest had slapped a young woman’s bottom after having a massage. That same man was the one who reported the death of the young woman, he has been released without charge on the intervention of an exasperated looking CIA agent who said he had had previous dealings with the man It appears that the stress of the job is getting to the agent, named as Felix Leiter, as he appears considerably older and heavier than when he was last seen two years ago, in a report we covered in Jamaica. Agent Leiter said that he was going on a diet and fitness regime and would look a different man if he was ever interviewed again in the future…goodnight (smiles amusingly at camera, shuffling his papers.)

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 35,980Chief of Staff

😁😁😁

MEXICO MAIL

Helicopter found after terrifying crowd

The helicopter sought by police after some startling aerobatics yesterday above a terrified crowd in the historic Plaza de la Constitución has been found abandoned several miles away. Police found inside a button off a suit which they believe matches one found inside a collapsed building near the above Plaza.

Perhaps more significantly police had no difficulty in finding fingerprints all over the helicopter. “It is truly strange”, said a spokesperson. “It is almost as if the helicopter thief made no effort whatsoever to conceal his fingerprints and, therefore, his identity.”. A quiet word from the US Embassy had government officials send a copy of the fingerprints to the UK Embassy, who confirmed that they would deal with the matter internally.

“This is not enough”, said a Government spokesperson. “We demand…”

(Continued on Page 6)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news:

For sale: one couch. Slightly dusty- Page 3

Skull mask found in hotel- Page 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our entertainment section:

Cheers and boos heard from local cinema

Cheers were heard at the very start of a new major film release. “At last they’ve got it back in the right place”, said a visiting Scottish fan of the series, 77. “It’s only taken them 13 years and 3 movies.”

The joy was short-lived, however. After about an hour and a half, loud wails of disappointment were heard coming from the same audience at the same movie. “I can’t believe they went there”, said a fan, “I mean, that’s strictly “Austin Powers” territory. Brothers? You’ve got to be fuc…"

(Continued on Page 7)

• Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent
    edited June 2021

Hi guys! I'm still enjoying all the clever posts in this hilarious thread! Here's an effort of my own:

SABOTEUR EVADES CAPTURE IN HIGH-SPEED CHASE ALONG THE STRIP

The Las Vegas Police Department is under increasing pressure to explain how its officers managed to total an entire fleet of squad cars yesterday evening at the tail end of a high-speed chase along the Strip, in full view of hundreds of gawping tourists, crashing vehicle after vehicle in a parking lot while allowing their suspect, driving a red Mustang, to escape scot free.

The Sheriff in charge of the pursuit claims to have identified the speeding felon, still at large, as the "sonofabitchin saboteur" behind an incident, earlier yesterday, at Willard Whyte's Tectronics facility in the Nevada Desert. The subversive agitator in question, believed to be British, caused mayhem at the space research center when he wrecked a state-of-the-art moon buggy before hijacking a dune bike.

It's expected that the Chief of Police will need to apply to the City, cap in hand, for emergency funding to replace his crashed squad cars. Meanwhile the Sheriff, suspended from duty with immediate effect, is said to be ready to turn in his badge, having made plans to return to his home in Louisiana and resume his career in law enforcement there, in the relatively quiet environs of the Bayou, well away from "all free radicals."

Sammy Davis Junior was among the many who watched last night's bizarre spectacle from the sidewalk on the Strip. The entertainer quipped, "If you see a limey and a moll flip a wheelie through an alley, just smile... there's no birthday cake big enough to put him on top of!"

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.

🤣🤣🤣

I particularly enjoyed the line about the Sheriff returning to Louisiana, which of course he does!

👍👍👍 ...and Pradeep is back!

1964. James and Pussy stand outside a barn.

James: Well, what have we here? (He enters the barn.) You’re quite a girl, Pushy.

Pussy: I’m strictly the outdoor type

James: I’d like to think you’re not in all of thish… caper.

Pussy: Skip it. I’m not interested, let’s go.

James: What would it take for you to shee thingsh my way?

Pussy: A lot more than you’ve got.

James: How do you know?

Pussy: I don’t want to know.

James: Ishn’t it cushtomary to grant a condemned man hish lasht requesht? (Gets very close.)

Pussy: You’ve asked for this. (She throws him into the hay.) Get up.

James: Certainly. (He flips her down beside him.) There. Now let’sh both play. (He begins to lower his face onto hers for a kiss.)

Pussy: James! No! This might be borderline acceptable in 1964 but we have to think of the future. In the next century people will be writing things called “blogs” claiming you have raped me!

James: But-

Pussy: No, James.

James: (Gets up.) I shupposhe you’re right. Oh well, let’sh get back to the othersh.

Two days later….

FORT KNOX SNOWFLAKE

60,000 people killed

60,000 people were gassed to death in the Fort Knox area yesterday, about the same as American motorists kill every two years. It appears they were killed by Delta 9 nerve gas sprayed from a flying circus spotted overhead, flown by a team of pilots in blonde wigs. A spokeswoman said “If only there was some way this loss of life could have been avoided without offending people who display no understanding of the situation”.

It would also seem that a small but particularly dirty atomic device was detonated inside the vault itself, making the entire gold supply of the United States radioactive for 57 years. Correction: 58 years. This will cause economic chaos in the West….

(Continued on Page 6)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news:

Car found crushed to a cube- Page 3

Gangsters deny gang war as various well-known hoods disappear without trace- Page 4

Odd job man seeks missing bowler hat- Page 5

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

Gents, these are all among the best ever! Hilarious!!! 😂😂😂😂

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

😁 Thanks, C&D.

She must have appealed to his politic instincts. 🤣🤣🤣

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 5,991MI6 Agent

Another slice of genius, Barbel 😁

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Thank you! And now one in a lighter vein....

1979. A dentist’s surgery in Rio de Janiero. A short blonde woman comes indignantly marching in.

Dentist: Yes, what can I do for you?

Dolly: You do not remember me?

Dentist: Well, vaguely. I think I can recall your face.

Dolly: My face? Well, that’s a start. Do you remember fitting me for braces?

Dentist: I fit many people for braces, I cannot be expected to remember all of them.

Dolly: Well, do you remember charging me over £2000 for fitting them?

Dentist: My fees are standard charges, you’ll find that-

Dolly: Millions of people all around the world have seen me on film and could see no sign of any braces whatsoever!

Dentist: Perhaps it was just a trick of the light? After all, they are-

Dolly: It was no trick of the light! I have now seen myself from all sorts of angles on film. I have a beautiful smile and no sign of braces at all and no need for them! I am receiving three tons of mail a day, mostly from a man called Mandela, asking where my braces are.

Dentist: Well, that’s just-

Dolly: You have tricked me! I demand my money back!

Dentist: I cannot do such a thing!

Dolly: You will give me my money back right now!

Dentist: No- I will not!

Dolly: Then perhaps you might like to take up the matter with my boyfriend?

Dentist: If you like, but I don’t see how things will change any.

Dolly: Oh? He’s behind you, turn around.

(The dentist turns and takes a look behind. And up.)

Dentist: (Deep breath.) Would you prefer cash or cheque?

Brilliant!!

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,672MI6 Agent

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣

Sir Frederick Grey: "Your dentist should be taken off the assignment. I'll see you at the orthodontist's."

M: "I'll have to do what he says."

Bond: "Well, before you do that, sir, have Q do an analysis of this original film print from 1979. I took it from the The Odeon, Leicester Square. Tell him to exercise extreme caution. It's extremely cheesy."

M: "So, there *were* braces!"

Bond: "Yes, sir. And I don't just mean the pair holding up her boyfriend's trousers!"

😁😁😁

I love it when a ball starts rolling....

edited June 2021

Good to see Jaws getting the love today!

Here's another in the series, based on an original idea by Barbel, a collaborative effort by Barbel, Gymkata and myself:

1976, Pinewood.

Casting for “The Spy Who Loved Me”. Cubby Broccoli, Michael G. Wilson, and Lewis Gilbert sit behind a desk as an unsuccessful candidate leaves.

Cubby: Well, thank you very much and we’ll be in touch if we decide to use you.

(The candidate leaves.)

Lewis: This is a long haul, Cubby.

Cubby: I know, but we’ve been here before. I’m sure we’ll find the right person if we just keep looking.

MGW: What exactly are we after, Cubby?

Cubby: I’ll know the right person when I see him. It has to be someone instantly impressive, able to look as if they could walk through a brick wall if necessary.

Lewis: I know, but-

Cubby: (Turns to talk to the other two.) Someone who James Bond won’t be able to shrug off with just a quick punch, someone who-

(The door bangs open and Richard Kiel walks in, barely making it through the doorway.)

MGW: Holy sweet mother of God!

Richard: Er, hello, my name’s-

Cubby: Names is for credits, baby.

Richard: I’ve come to audition for the role of a villain in your next James Bond movie.

Lewis: Have you had any acting experience before?

Richard: Yes, I’ve been in The Twilight Zone….

MGW: That would certainly add another dimension...

Richard: … plus several episodes of The Man from UNCLE.

Lewis: We’d need to be careful this movie doesn’t become one spy too many…

Richard: And now I’m looking for a role I can really sink my teeth into….

Cubby: I’ve got it! (Pauses.) A role you can really sink your teeth into, and …

Lewis: And?

Richard: Cubby, and??

Cubby: A real scenery chewer, and…

Lewis: AND?

Richard: AND??

MGW: And we’ll call you…. Mr Shark!

Richard: (Shaking his head slowly.) Thanks but, ah, I hear Peter Benchley is also casting for his next movie, Jaws – think I’ll try that instead.

Cubby: Jaws! That’s a perfect name! We’ll get you some steel teeth to really stand out! Come and screen test with Roger.

Richard: (Now smiling ruefully.) Jaws, eh? Could have been worse – with steel teeth I guess you could have called me ‘braces’.

MGW: (Scribbling in his notebook.) Braces? Perhaps we could save those for a ‘love interest’…

Cubby: (Opening a bottle of champagne and pouring a glass for each.) Fellas, I think we have our villain!

Richard: (Raising his glass.) Well, here’s to us!

😂😂😂 Pradeep needs his own YouTube channel!

If Pradeep isn't in Bond26 we should start a riot!

😀😀😀😀 and of course travel there by monorail! Very enjoyable, as usual.

"Whaddya mean, you're having problems installing my monorail?"

edited June 2021

1979. The house of Richard Kiel. A telephone rings. He ducks through a doorway, enters the room and picks up the phone.

Richard: Hello?

Agent: Richard, baby!

Richard: Oh, hi.

Agent: Don’t you mean “high”??? Ha ha ha!

Richard: (Wearily.) Oh ha ha. You’ve been pulling that one for the last twenty years.

Agent: Anyway, I’ve just had an old friend of yours on the phone.

Richard: Oh yes?

Agent: Cubby Broccoli- you remember him, of course.

Richard: Of course. I had a great time on that film.

Agent: Well, they’re making another one and they want you back for it.

Richard: “For Your Eyes Only”, huh?

Agent: No, “Moonraker”- they changed that plan

Richard: Right… okay, I’ll come back but first I want more money.

Agent: Already dealt with, my boy. I was going to ask for more but they beat me to the punch and offered more money this time.

Richard: Okay, I also want higher billing.

Agent: I don’t see that being a problem.

Richard: And my own trailer with an extra long couch.

Agent: Sure, I’ll see to that right away.

Richard: And a big bowl of Smarties with all the red ones removed.

Agent: Sure, I…. what?

Richard: Just kidding. I do have one thing to ask, though.

Agent: Well, tell me and we’ll see.

Richard: I’ve been doing movies and TV for over twenty years now.

Agent: Hell, I know that, Richard.

Richard: And always, always, I’m a thug or a monster or a big scary guy.

Agent: Well, you see, you’ve gotta understand-

Richard: Oh, I understand all right. I am a big scary guy so I always have to play big scary guys. But just once, just once…

Agent: Yeah? Just once what?

Richard: I’ve had twenty years of seeing guys like James Bond or Elvis or The Man From U.N.C.L.E. get the girl at the end of the movie. I’d like to have a girlfriend at the end in this film.

Agent: What? You’re playing a villain! The villains don’t get the girl at the end of the movie.

Richard: Well, maybe by the end of the film I’m not a villain any more. You fix it. You tell Mr Broccoli that if he wants Jaws back, that’s what I want.

Agent: If you’re sure…?

Richard: I’m sure.

Agent: Well, I’ll pass it along but don’t hold your breath. I don’t see them going for that at all!

1964. Milliners’ Convention, Kent.

Timmy: Hello, Charlie!

Charlie: Hi, Timmy, long time no see.

Timmy: Not since last year. How’s the hat business in your area?

Charlie: Well, off the top of my head…

Timmy: Oh, ha ha.

Charlie: Well, you know, just hanging on and no more. How about you?

Timmy: Same as you, until recently.

Charlie: Oh?

Timmy: I got a new client, you see.

Charlie: Just one new client?

Timmy: Yes, but he’s been very profitable. First he wanted an ivy cap.

Charlie: For playing golf, you mean?

Timmy: That’s right. Then a trilby for everyday wear.

Charlie: Not a fedora?

Timmy: No, a trilby.

Charlie Fair enough.

Timmy: But then he wanted a garrison cap.

Charlie: A military side cap?

Timmy: Yeah, one of those.

Charlie: Hmm, that’s odd.

Timmy: You haven’t heard the best part of it. I’ve had to make a bowler hat for his manservant, tailored to his exact head size, with the rim made of a light but very strong alloy with a razor sharp edge and a felt covering.

Charlie: What? That’s incredible!

Timmy: No, it’s true. And he wanted me to make half-a-dozen of them so he had plenty spares!

Charlie: Sounds like this guy’s rolling in money.

Timmy: You want to see what he paid me?

Charlie: Sure.

(Timmy shows him a cheque.)

Charlie: Shocking. Positively shocking.

edited July 2021

There are so many unexplored plot holes in GF alone. I'm glad you're doing some digging, but there is still a lot of work to be done. Here is just one of the questions: Who made the model of Fort Knox and did the order make the artist suspicious in any way?

A good question. Sounds to me like a job for Pradeep....

Maybe, but maybe not. The job might have been given to an independent artist, (possibly someone with a background in early special effects in movies?) Anyway, unlike Pradeep such a person could possibly have a question or two about making an accurate model of one of the most secretive locations in the US, questions Pradeep never needed to ask or wonder about. Or the artist might have been completely unburdened by such conserns.

☺️ I had no doubt that Pradeep would rise to the occasion as he always does.

These are terrific! 😆😆😆

1967. Production meeting, “You Only Live Twice”.

Harry: So, let me get this straight, Bond goes into this castle-

Cubby: It’s a volcano, Harry, Ken’s busy building one right now.

Harry: Ok, and your writer guy Bloom is busy-

Cubby: No, Harry, we got a new writer, remember? Roald Dahl here.

Roald: Hello.

Harry: Oh, yeah. Now you remembered about the three girls, like we told you?

Roald: I remember: one good and dies, one bad and dies, and one good that lives for Bond to be kissing at the end of the film.

Cubby: Yes, I’ve read your script and you certainly put that in.

Roald: And I’ve set it entirely in Japan.

Harry: Yes, it’s in Japan.

Roald: And I included the volcano.

Cubby: Ah yes- the volcano.

Roald: It opens up, just like you wanted.

Cubby: Yes, but-

Roald: And your man Blofeld is inside, just like you said.

Harry: I know,-

Roald: And James goes inside.

Cubby: Yes, but we don’t want him to get in by showing Blofeld a golden ticket he found inside a chocolate bar!

Roald: (Disappointed.) No?

Harry: And Blofeld isn’t wearing a top hat and walking with a cane.

Roald: Yes, but-

Cubby: And it isn’t staffed by little singing and dancing purple men!

Roald: Ah yes, but-

Harry: Now go away and start writing again, Bloom.

Roald: Dahl.

Harry: Yeah, whatever.

(Roald leaves and stands in the corridor outside.)

Roald: Well, at least they didn’t notice the giant peach.

(The door opens and Cubby sticks his head out.)

Cubby: And no giant peaches, either!

Roald: But-

Cubby: No! Go!

Now I wish the vulcano was staffed by Ompa-lompas 🤣