No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited July 2021

I was bored and taked a look at the stills from Knives Out 2 and then noticed that Craig seems to wear a pink linen shirt with cocktail cuffs, it reminds me of Connerys shirt from You Only Live twice, I wonder which brand it is

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent
    edited July 2021

These jeans have definitely been a disappointment. They fit me perfectly too. If they had held up, I might have traded my blue and black pairs of other brands for Tom Ford’s. Denim is hard to mess up. I’m honestly at a loss about TF’s quality control.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

It's a tribute to Craig's physique that he can pull off any aspect of this outfit.

Shirt isn't bad.

• nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent

I waited to pull the trigger on those for the reasons people are bringing up. My go to jeans for whatever color are Rag and Bone. I have multiple pairs and am very happy with them

• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited July 2021

it looks like a second piece of the Barbour x Engineered series can be seen in the film, the Barbour x Engineered Garments Arthur Gilet Vest in Navy on Nomi, the pockets and the buckle closure seems to match, little details are off: the stitching on her shoulders for instance but I have only found the model for men so far, it looks like it was also produced for women if you take a look at the button closure (or a special production for the costum dept.), nevertheless I'm sure that this is the correct model:

link to end, sold out already but you can take a look on more details

https://www.endclothing.com/gb/barbour-x-engineered-garments-arthur-gilet-mgi0045ny71.html

posts always get deleted if you edit them more than 3 times :/

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Thanks Noi.

I see there is one available on the bay, if anyone is interested;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274853253964?hash=item3ffe87d34c:g:6PYAAOSwfB9g3XL0

Looks like Nomi had some serious tailoring carried out on the length. Also, some stitching added on the shoulders.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Good work. I ave a contact at Barbour, let's see if I can find some more info about it. Following the Nomi's clothing ID, I think I haven't posted this piece yet.

These are the trousers Nomi should be wearing with the TOM FORD field linen jacket. As I told you already, my contact said the garments worn by Lashana should be from previous collections, but yet no confirmation, nor the certainty TF really knows which pieces were provided.

The filed jacket it’s – if I don’t remember wrong – from this 2020 collection, so the pants can too. Furthermore, they seem to be sold out both in TF’s official site and at Farfetch, where I usually find the other pieces. As for the pants themselves, we unfortunately only have one official still and some BTS pics from Prince Charles’s visit at Pinewood last year. In the first trailer, only the top is visible, while in the second we can see Nomi chatting with Moneypenny while sat in an armchair. 

Maybe the BTS pics are the most relevant for our forensic work. We can clearly see that the pants have a very generous fit, clearly visible when Nomi’s standing to shake hands with Charles and when sat in the armchair. Assuming Lashana has a normal body structure, they can only be very wide-leg trousers that almost cover her shoes too

Now comes the tricky part. We have very few details – as already said – but looking at the front the garment certainly has a pleated one, a lightweight structure like the field jacket (linen-viscose blend according to TF) and almost concealed pockets on the sides.

You can notice from this image, the pleat goes down the leg, but we have a sort of pronounced lining where the pleat is sewn at the top, probably more visible from the official shot released back in March. Just like the pocket’s break, which is hardly recognisable.

Last, but not the least, the colour. Under different lighting, it seem to vary from a sort of beige to a more lighter one, almost an off-white. From some other pics the contrast is evident; it almost seem to be a powder pink, while if you look at the TF official site, the colour is more like a beige. Officially, it is listed as nude that has both colour hints under the light. It could very well be due to the lightning change and maybe colour grading from the editing. For sure, it isn’t white, because the contrast between the top (in lily white) and the trousers is evident.

From some other photos (cfr. https://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/tom-ford-wide-leg-pants-prod154850010; don't know if it's still active) the “nude” or neutral colour seem to match perfectly.

Please note: It is likely that the pics on TF official site are a little bit overexposed as for the exact colour grading.   

Great detective work as always, Mattia.🧐👍️

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    edited July 2021

And I'll just add that it's hilarious and amazing that they finally figured out a way to get a 00 back in a safari jacket 🤣

• theartisttheartist Posts: 16MI6 Agent

For anyone who has purchased the Benson & Clegg tie slider does it keep sliding off your shirt when you wear it with a tie?

• othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent

Hey everybody,

Has Tom Ford released a full set of swatches for the NTTD suits? How many suits have been confirmed?

• JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent

Quite the opposite. It’s so tight, I had a hard time

getting it to go on the tie and shirt!

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent

The Japanese Times reports that Q will wear a traditional Japanese maekake apron in NTTD.

https://wp.me/pbs8To-Mb

Speaking to the Times, company president Kazuhiro Nishimura says that, “They wanted to use a maekake with a Mount Fuji print design and ‘Representative of Japan’ written above it [...] I did find a report by a Japanese film writer who went on set at Pinewood Studios, though, and he wrote that he saw Ben Whishaw as Q wearing it in a scene in which he is cooking.”

James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent

This looks like a great alternative to the Connolly beige shirt from Fox Brothers, who I know have used the same Italian shirt maker Finamore on a regular basis. The shirt fabric looks the same to my eye and is cheaper at £170 for the shirt - https://www.themerchantfox.co.uk/products/spread-collar-linen-shirt-in-light-beige

• Not bad...color looks pretty close. Main difference is that the Connolly shirt is a cotton/linen blend and not 100% linen. Still looks like a decent alternative. Nice find.

Hi, guys just need some advice this one time. I wanted to buy a Save Khaki shirt, but don't know how it fits. I've a slim built and broad shoulder.

Do you have any experience about sizing with the brand?

P.S. pardon me if it's not appropriate for the thread

• tardis1711tardis1711 Posts: 208MI6 Agent

For those of you that have the massimo alba rain 2 in size 46.. would that fit a 40 chest.. I know its a baggy fit. I have a size 50 and it's too big for me..have trouble finding size 48 anywhere..thanks.

• Massimo Alba will be restocking the Rain2, now and well after the movie comes out.

Think Billy Reid.

• TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent

Hello everyone,

apologies if this has already been discussed but what is your advice regarding methods and styling for adding suspender buttons to the Sloop suit pants?

Specifically:

-what buttons did you use (brand, colour, size)

-front placement (spacing from each button, how did you use the belt loops as a reference)

-rear placement (spacing from each button)

-technique for sewing on to waist band

thanks in advance

g

• My advice...don't.

As mediocre as that outfit is, the suspenders make it 10X worse.

• BodieBodie Posts: 211MI6 Agent

I'm with you trigger_finger. If you are going to wear that suit use a belt that matches the shoes. Braces haven't been in fashion since Gordon Gekko wore them and they look naff on a pair of trousers with belt loops.

• TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent

thanks guys, appreciate the advice. I've been on the fence with this...

• JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent

I got the MA suit this week from Mr. Porter for £680. I think I’ll be returning though as it’s not a great fit and it’s not a style I can see enduring. The sizes are also tricky because it comes as one set!

Braces with belt loops. 2 years after seeing the first spy shots, I still can't believe DC/Costume Designer has done this..🤦‍♂️

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent

After watching bond experiences new video on keep it or kill for NTTD outfits. loved that

Been late to the party but was it confirmed the Jamaica outfit fishing was this T-shirt - https://www.orlebarbrown.com/men/t-shirts/ob-t/grey/259494.html?dwvar_259494_color=53 ?

Navy shorts still a mystery

007 reporting for duty

As far as I'm concerned, I've written and asked them about at least five times. Always a promise they'll send info back, but nothing.

May we think they want to tie in with the movie when's out?

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't have a problem with braces and belt loops, and I'm the fuddy duddy! That said, it looks lazy from a costume design perspective when you want everything to look perfect.

Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

I worry it might be a 2019 model that's no longer for sale - if it was currently available, OB would have it marked up 75% 🤣

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

Inspired by the Olympic eastward gaze and as I've been spending a lot more time in the kitchen through the pandemic I snapped one of these up. It arrived today and the quality, packaging and story behind it are all wonderful. So recommended for anyone considering...

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

Do we really not believe it's a direct callback to Sunspel from CR? Even 'artists own' - given the holes?