No Time To Die Navy Cap identification

Comments

• _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent

Has this one already been discounted? Apologies if it has.

Murder | Employment.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

Bond's cap didn't have the eyelets around the crown. Also, even though it looks like there was an IE embroidered on the front, I think it was just a rectangular patch and the folds in the fabric (plus the high contrast) are making it look like an E in the image Tennyson shared.

More like the Paul & Shark that Mattia suggested. Just my 2 cents.

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent

Nope, that one’s not been raised.. I did see it in my searching but for some reason I discounted it, not sure why, as in all the research it seemed to be the only one with ‘similar’ letters to what might be visible.. I think it has to be considered a possibility- top man for posting it..

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Thanks John. Exactly expressed my thoughts. The eyelets are missing in Bond's one, there's a sort of cloth piping along the head and the logo removed is just a little tiny one.

It could seems a letter E (funny enough in NTTD font) but I think it's more likely some wrinkles of the cloth.

Just my humble opinion. The P&S is the nearest I've found so far

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

Yeah I'm not really seeing the 'IE'; I think it's just a few folds.

• JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 462MI6 Agent

Same here! I never originally cared where the cap was from but I've followed all the discussion and am now so emotionally invested that I need to know!

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

I see the thread has been renamed - used to be “identified” didn’t it?

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

Yeah, it was. But as that looks increasingly unlikely with every passing day 🤣

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • I think Peaky is a little high strung.

Don't worry, I'm sure you're capable of finding a plain navy ball cap if worse comes to worse.

There, there Peaky, it's going to be okay.

• PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent

Not even interested in buying the cap, but annoyed that the post implies the person knows and then makes various excuses to not reveal it. For a more significant item I'm sure more people on this forum would be sharing their true feelings!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2021

I think he said the manufacturer couldn't confirm it. Keep in mind there are threads about identification of the garage jeans before anyone knew what they were, and the swim shorts, and I know people did get quite mad, specifically at the bond experience who later revealed that he knew the info would come out eventually but was asked not to name the manufacturer at that time. I joked around a bit and took a light-hearted approach to it. I found it amusing. Are you wanting to get rid of the bond experience too? This forum would really suck without his contributions. My take away from all this is that patience is in short supply around these parts. And a little common sense goes a long way. "If" someone discovers something on their own, and that's a BIG "IF" then is getting angry with them and putting the squeeze on them really going to make them share that information with you?

edited November 2021

To be fair. The original title was very “click baitey”. If a specific thread is made purely to announce that something has been identified and then you don’t identify it, what do you expect. It is going to wind people up. No one is putting the squeeze on anybody as far as I can see. Its just a cheap cap. It’s this thread that’s annoying people. Even those that don’t actually care what the cap is. Most just find it bizarrely amusing though.

• TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

Just go buy a navy washed "Dad hat" and be done with it! haha

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

The underlying issue, it seems to me, is the internet "first!" thing. I am grateful for the hard-working detectives here who identify pieces of Bond kit. But it's not like you get a gold ribbon and a kiss on the cheek from the Duchess of Cambridge for IDing a ball cap. Then of course there's the worry about being wrong once you've announced you know, but you can't get the manufacturer to confirm. I think members here have a responsibility not to steer others into making bad purchases. At that same time, there's a danger of taking this hobby too seriously.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

"My take away from all this is that patience is in short supply around these parts."

This is a new phenomenon around these parts and it's still quite a limited one, too. Going back to CR (and likely also Pierce Brosnan...although that's before my time here), there are items that it took years to identify, and the hunt was definitely part of the thrill and the fun. I don't remember those hunts ever becoming as hostile as the NTTD shorts and now the cap. Instead, everyone worked together, were gracious and generous with information and leads, and good natured and well humoured when things didn't quite work out. There was never a sense of "I demand to know..." or "I deserve to know..." and it was all good fun. This nastiness is new here and not a welcome development at all. Thankfully it's also only a relatively small number of members.

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

Yeah I must say I understand frustration but not so much getting angry. Its a hat, guys. Not the newest poster shot tuxedo or the latest unknown unreleased TF suit or a secret Omega unveiling. It’s a washed navy hat that Suttirat herself said was fairly sure it was just a inexpensive cap, and on screen for how many seconds? The stuff about The Bond Experience I understand why people would be frustrated about. But again, anger?? Thats a bit much. It did get a tad frustrating bc it was always kind of a non answer answer given. Asked not to tell by who? I mean if you break it down, it really never made too much sense. First said “embargo” on them, meaning cant be shipped to certain countries, which was not true. Then, was stated asked not to say. This wasnt some massive OB launch. It was a random pair of cheap gym shorts by a Canadian brand that even now that it’s known, has posted maybe one ig story jokingly saying bond shorts. They clearly care a ton. Then the shorts were seen worn in vids. Then said has known since February. So respectfully I didnt quite understand why that was handled the way it was. It should never have been that big of a deal. Then as soon as we find them out we notice the stock is low, so it’s a tad easy to do the math. Not trying to get into bashing territory but I totally get why people would get frustrated on stuff but anger seems like a far stretch. Plus hasnt the guy given us Bond fans just a bit and for how many years. So I admit I got frustrated when I was able to kinda connect the dots but just remember, this is a hobby. The hunt is supposed to be fun. If you have an idea just say it, if you’re wrong, literally no one will care, it’s not a big deal. Two heads are better than one in figuring this stuff out. It’s fun to bounce stuff off one another. 9/10 thats usually how all this stuff gets figured out anyway.

Re the shorts, I find it unlikely that they were low stock before the announcement here or wherever it was first broadcast, so no conspiracies afoot.

An awful lot of people read these forums, more so than contribute, (I can’t vouch for the other source - was it WhatDanielswearing maybe?)so likely pounced once it became official, hence the low stock.

I think I ordered within 30 minutes of reading the relevant thread and got mine the following Tuesday, so right place, right time I guess.

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

Spot on, this post alone has over 3,000 views…

• DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent

And let’s be honest; owning a pair of Jed North shorts or a baseball cap that was on screen for a few seconds - or not owning them - isn’t really life or death.

At most a little frustrating if you’re an avid collector, annoying if you feel there’s malice behind ‘not sharing’ but I doubt that’s the case with anyone on this forum. I think contributors act with the best intention 99% of the time.

Search and share freely!

My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent

From what I can make out, its either a TF, TD, TB, or square patch 😂

I'm scouring Tom Ford, Ted Baker and Tommy Bahama. Unless Timothy Dalton has a fashion line...

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

Not that it matters bc I tend to fall in the non anger column in the shorts debacle but I actually asked them and they said they were running low in stock but had some sizes left. Not just the navy pair, but multiple colorways in that particular short including the navy. Obviously it wasn’t because some Bond madmen were buying up all the jed workout shorts but just that particular model they carry was running low in several sizes across the board in multiple colorways. I also was able to snag a pair. It’s been a staple in their collection for like 5 years so obviously they restock frequently so those that weren’t able to get should be able to, just might reauire a bit of a wait unfortunately. I’m guessing they also probably weren’t anticipating having to restock their shortest spandex workout shorts in the dead of winter either so who knows.

• km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent

Well said, and I'm one of the folk that find it amusing. If OP didn't want to be wrong and embarrassed, he's prob just a little embarrassed now with how this thread has gone. "Well, that didn't go how I expected" 🤣

• Or maybe he really did identify it and he's wearing it right now as he sails away on a boat somewhere.

Lots of possible scenarios.

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

This might be the winner of the annual AJB awards - thread of 2021 :)

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent

Agree totally. And wouldnt it be epic if you saved your ten thousandth post for it lol?

Also, sorry to everyone for this comment and the NEWS reply that flags as a result. Unfortunately I have no new leads to the blue cap ID, I’m here for moral support to anyone in need. Go team.

...a brother from Sydney
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent

What a waste of time FFS....whatever happened to the person who originally said they had identified it (possibly).

Gone into hiding no doubt 🤣

I’ve gone with Mattia’s suggestion of the Paul & Shark - after all he’s the guy with the track record.

Having now received it, I don’t see the point in removing the badge. For Craig it was a few seconds of wear in the movie, but I think it’s more likely to draw adverse comments with the badge moved. I’m not really up on my brands, but Paul & Shark aren’t rubbish are they?