Welcome & Comings & Goings

Comments

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

Hi all,

Sincerest apologies for the long absence. Lots of things going on on the home front which meant that I wasn't in the right headspace for participating here.

But, thanks mainly to Barbel, I'm happy to report back for duty and looking forward to catching up on all the goss and contributing again. 🍸🍸🍸

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

Good to see you back, C&D 🍻

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

🎉🎉🎉

Thanks guys 🍸

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

To bring you up to speed C&D, there have been lots of discussions about who the next Bond will be, what clothes he wore in the latest film, polls on favourite Bond films...and Higgins' trainers. In other words, you haven't missed much in the last 10 years 😁

• misssteelemisssteele Posts: 18MI6 Agent

Hi all!

After lurking for a couple of months I thought I should probably say hello 👋🏻 I wouldn’t say I’m a long term Bond fan however. During 2020 I enjoyed watching the box set as a distraction of the time and found myself liking the films much more than I had expected. I’m currently watching them again after seeing NTTD but backwards! Watching bond and M get younger is actually quite comical 😂

After filling a wardrobe with outfits worn by Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades, I said I’d not collect SA clothing from another franchise but here I am again now the rabbit hole with Bond 😂😂

See you all around!

• MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent

Welcome!

Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent

Welcome! 😀

Hi misssteele and welcome to AJB007. I hope you enjoy yourself here and have a good time.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent

Welcome to AJB, @misssteele. Good to have you with us. 🙂

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Welcome Misssteele 🍸

Which SA clothing are you thinking of collecting? I'm sure you're in the right place, whichever or whatever it is.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

welcome to @misssteele

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

Back after a longer-than-expected hiatus (work related, life's as fine as it gets in this global pandemic/potential WW3 era). Luigi's e-mail on the QoS ties project brought me back, missed out on the Mr E drama (luckily, I'm guessing) and hoping to be around on a more regular basis.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • jdjohnUKjdjohnUK Posts: 11MI6 Agent

Hi there! (again)

I'm Josh from Kent, UK. I've been a great fan for more than 25 years. Because of my job -long hours so many days a week-, I couldn't watch NTTD until last Saturday, I had to watch the ending several times because this has been a shock for me. . For me does not matter the timeline of who James Bond is exactly, for me James Bond, the character, just disappeared forever.

I hope to comment soon anytime!

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

remember someone else may not have seen the new film, after all it took you six months!

can you name which Fleming novel took place almost entirely within Kent?

and if you know the answer, have you visited any of the described locations?

Welcome to AJB007, jdjohnUK! 😀

• jdjohnUKjdjohnUK Posts: 11MI6 Agent

You said Fleming novel, that should be Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I love it! Recently moved to Kent, I will visit some places this summer.

edited May 2022

I said:

can you name which Fleming novel took place almost entirely within Kent?

and if you know the answer, have you visited any of the described locations?

jdjohnUK said:

You said Fleming novel, that should be Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I love it! Recently moved to Kent, I will visit some places this summer.

don't know how I forgot about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! I was thinking of Moonraker. And I believe the golf game in Goldfinger happens round Kent as well.

• SpectreOfDefeatSpectreOfDefeat Posts: 404MI6 Agent

Hi all

Haven't posted much yet this year, but now that the NTTD hype has well and truly worn off and I'm less busy in real life I think I'll make a triumphant return. Happy 60th anniversary 007!

"The spectre of defeat..."

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent

Welcome back, @SpectreOfDefeat. Looking forward to your triumphant return. 🙂

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Glad to see you!

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    edited June 2022

Hello my AJB friends. I don't know how long it is since I last came to AJB but it feels like many months. I have been quite ill and am still not able to go back to work yet but despite the free time I have had no interest in looking on the internet at all during this time.

I watched my first Bond film since NTTD yesterday. The film that brought me to the James Bond world. LALD was on TV on HD and I enjoyed it very much. TMWTGG is on tonight and I hope I will be able to see that also. My wife, who bans anything James Bond from the television, is making a special effort not to complain!

I hope to become involved more with AJB again now but I will see how I feel at this time for the coming weeks.

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,172MI6 Agent

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles @Joshua I can only wish you the best from distance. I once had a gf who had no comprehension of OO7 whatsoever. All my Bond interests were enacted alone, so I sympathise. Hope to see you up and running soon.

Thank you. I am starting to feel much better now than before.

edited June 2022

Good to see you back on AJB and I wish you a speedy recovery, @Joshua.

Best wishes to you, Joshua.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Great to have you back, Joshua. I hope you're feeling much better soon.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Wishing you a full return to good health asap, Joshua. Good to have you back👍️

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Thank you all for your kind regards.