Autograph Reference Section

Comments

• PM sent Kev :)
  • bondbobbondbob Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    I agree - you need to go through Aftal/UACC dealers and get a lifetime guarantee as well. I recommend autografica as they have a Connery signed book and Garry King has one of the best reputations in the field.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    How is Spyguise when it comes to autographs?

I have purchased many collectibles from them since 1997, but other then the Desmond Lewellyn (spelling ?) autobiography I have not actively searched for autographs on a regular basis until now.
    edited December 2014
    Also could someone please tell me the web address for Bond Collectibles? I am thinking about purchasing a Tim Dalton autograph from them as it seems to be the only good resource to get his autograph since he is not to keen on signing them anymore, thought I understand his reasons why.

Also a big thank you to all of you on the information on autograph collecting, I now feel confident on the right places to show for them.
  • AdamCarterJonesAdamCarterJones UKPosts: 303MI6 Agent
    SpyGuise are 100% legit.
    I have a great relationship with them; I know them well.
    Do not worry at all.

Best,
    Ad
    Best wishes,
    Adam Carter-Jones
    Bondposters.com - FREE James Bond Poster Reference site
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,473MI6 Agent
    Thank you very much.
  • bondbobbondbob Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    PPK 7.65mm wrote:
    Also could someone please tell me the web address for Bond Bond Collectibles? I am thinking about purchasing a Tim Dalton autograph from them as it seems to be the only good resource to get his autograph since he is not to keen on signing them anymore, thought I understand his reasons why.

Also a big thank you to all of you on the information on autograph collecting, I now feel confident on the right places to show for them.

Yeah Dalton's a tough signature to get now, perhaps even more so than Connery though there's not much in it. Connery's the one which costs out of all six.
  • AbstractharmonyAbstractharmony Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I was able to pick up one of the bookplate paperback editions of Being a Scot for a tidy price so from this :-

IJConnery.jpg

it's now this :-

Bondconnerypiece.jpg

and now I need to get my hands on a 3x5 index signed in blue by Brosnan
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    I just listed a new post on my blog about my Sam Peffer autograph and letter:
    http://manuelbouw.blogspot.com/2012/01/sam-peffer.html
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • KiDDoKiDDo GermanyPosts: 9MI6 Agent
    Hi guys! I'm pretty new to collecting autographs and just started off last year on a convention in Germany. I'm a huge fan of the James Bond movies and want to collect some autographs from my favourite actors/actresses.

I've come along the website of Bondcollectibles and saw that they sell on eBay as well. So I bought an autograph by Kristina Wayborn last week which I have already received. Also bought a double signed photo by Anthony Zerbe & Robert Davi, one by Fiona Fullerton and one of my favourite Sir Roger Moore.

I haven't received the last three ones yet since I put them in their so called layaway system on eBay. Well, now I've come across this board while searching on the net and saw that there are different opinions regarding the authenticity of some items sold by Bondcollectibles :#

I found this for example http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/36453/ursula-andress-christopher-lee-help/
    That doesn't sound too good to me since I wanted to get one by Ursula Andress from them as well :(

I would like to share pictures of all autographes bought from them with you when I have received them and would like to hear your opinions if you're pleased with that :)

Regards,
    KiDDo
  • Disco VolanteDisco Volante Surrey, EnglandPosts: 543MI6 Agent
    Welcome to the forum KiDDo. If you're looking for advice on autographs, or indeed anything relating to Bond, you'll find it here.

No doubt other comments will follow, but for the most part, Bondcollectibles are considered to sell genuine autograph. I understand that it's a living for the guy who runs it (Alex Brauchle (sp) so he has lots and lots of autographs. Sadly, there is there odd fake in there, but I wouldn't let you be put off with him as a trader.

Another establishment to look it, albeit with a much smaller offering, is Bondstars (www.bondstars.com). They are absolutely 100% genuine and come very highly recommended from anyone who's ever used them.

If you wanted an opinion on an autograph before you commit to buying, you could always put a picture up here - you'll get the answer fairly quickly.

Good luck.

Andy.
    Thanks for youre reply Disco Volante, I appreciate it. The reason I went for Bondcollectibles first is that the feedback is generally very good on eBay - despite minor exceptions, the prices are very low on auctions and they're located in Germany as well which makes it a bit easier to communicate (also regarding potential returns).
    Sadly, there is there odd fake in there, but I wouldn't let you be put off with him as a trader.
    What exactly so you mean with that? You can also PM me if you prefer that, I'm just curious.
    Another establishment to look it, albeit with a much smaller offering, is Bondstars (www.bondstars.com). They are absolutely 100% genuine and come very highly recommended from anyone who's ever used them.
    Of course I've heard about Bondstars too. I'm looking forward to some private signings this year.
    If you wanted an opinion on an autograph before you commit to buying, you could always put a picture up here - you'll get the answer fairly quickly.
    That's the problem with items from Bondcollectibles on eBay: they have exactly the same (low resolution) picture for several auctions over and over again...

As I said, I've already received Kristina Wayborn, here is a picture of the autograph (the quality of their photo is not the best either, a bit blurred and unclean):
    9iv6uyet.jpg

Regards,
    KiDDo
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,473MI6 Agent
    Kiddo, as Disco had said, most of Brauchle's stock are genuine, with the odd few fakes amongst them. But again, please don't let that put you off as there are some nice rare genuine items to be had there.

Without wanting to throw accusations around, it does worry me that week after week we're seeing the same autographs of (e.g. Robert Dix, Walter Gotell & various multisigns of hard to get actors all with a low starting bid on Ebay) then the very same thing on his website for a significantly more expensive price - bizarre! :s :v

So, in a nut-shell, I'd use him but with caution.
    edited March 2012
    Well, today I finally received the 7 autographs that I bought through Bondcolletibles on eBay. I'm really looking forward to some opinions on authenticity from you guys :)

Roger Moore
    il68c7z6.jpg

Lynn-Holly Johnson
    8mqgbk9m.jpg

Robert Davi & Anthony Zerbe
    j4yffw2w.jpg

Fiona Fullerton
    lx55lqy4.jpg

Mads Mikkelsen
    zq2oelxp.jpg

Mathieu Amalric
    e3grolcy.jpg

Francesca Tu
    k8anb6yh.jpg

"Roger Moore" and "Lynn-Holly Johnson" are (unfortunately) a bit different than the ones that were shown on eBay. It's the same shots but zoomed it. Might consider to change them, have to think about it and what Alexander would say about that.

Regards,
    KiDDo
  • Mr Saint John SmithMr Saint John Smith UKPosts: 430MI6 Agent
    I'm my opinon be cautious of buying from bondcollectibles.

I'm sure alot of his stuff is genuine, but some I belive are fake. For example some autographs he has from deceased actors sell every week. I question how many he really has of these autographs as like he advertised they are "very rare" and "one of a kind".

I know someone that bought an autograph from him of an actor that passed away in the 80s. The photo paper the autograph was on seemed very new. He did his research and contacted the company who produced the photo paper. They informed him that the photo paper was not created untill way after the actor had passed. So this was obiousley not genuie.

Another person I know sold him an autograph of a Bond actor that had only signed 4 items and no one else has their address. Bondcollectibles bought one, and for a while he was selling that one autograph on ebay for months. The photo was of the same autograph he had sold. I find it very unlikely that he managed to find the actors address and get them to sign the exact same photo, in the exact same place with the exact pen.
    I've read the posts you mentioned concerning obviously fake autographs. I tried Bondcollectibles in the first place beacause you can get some items pretty cheap and most of them should be genuine I guess...

As some of you have a lot experience, I would be happy to receive comments on authenticity (especially regarding the more valuable ones like Roger Moore). If some of them don't look good to you, I can send them back for a refund, that shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,
    KiDDo
    Anyone? :( I'd be glad to receive some comments by next weekend so that I could send them back in time for a refund if necessary... I don't want to annoy you just wanna be on the safe side :)
  • Disco VolanteDisco Volante Surrey, EnglandPosts: 543MI6 Agent
    For what it's worth, I believe the autographs that you have shown pictures of, are all genuine. I have all of those signatures and all look identical - al; but two of them were obtained in person incidentally.
    For what it's worth, I believe the autographs that you have shown pictures of, are all genuine. I have all of those signatures and all look identical - al; but two of them were obtained in person incidentally.
    Sorry, I've been a bit busy during the last weeks. Thanks for your opinion, that relieves my mind a bit :) I haven't bought any other items from them yet, but I've seen some completed listings which were pretty cheap again (maybe too cheap?) ?:)
    I've had this Daniel Craig autograph for a while now, and I've finally listed it on my celebrity autograph blog:
    http://manuelbouw.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/daniel-craig.html
    Drawn Out Dad.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
    Drawn Out Dad.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • dailo007dailo007 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    This is a little out of left field, but there appears to be at least one fake signed copies of Dave Worralls book "The Most Famous Car in the World" kicking about (first soft back edition), I received one recently and thanks to Dave himself for confirming it wasn't just a bad day for book signing, it's now firmly back in the hands of the seller; my initial feeling was to burn the thing but despite the irrelevant scribble in the front it's still a great and rare book!
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • actoreagleactoreagle Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Hang on. I'm confused. Are you saying its fake?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :o :o :o
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • 007_Autographcollector007_Autographcollector Posts: 221MI6 Agent
    Having compared them to the ones in my collection, they all look fine to me, the Lazenby looks a bit rushed but the others look fine! always be careful of lots like this where all the Bonds are together but you can see they have been signed with different types of pens and different size cards, he also gives a good description and as long as he accepts refunds in case, I would say they are all genuine! :)
  • actoreagleactoreagle Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    I assure you all that it is 1000000% real. Clearly
    bondtoys has doubts, but I actually stood and watched the actors sign these pieces. I've been after a single item signed by them all for most of my life and it doesn't exist. I have one piece signed by 4 of them - again, all signed in front of me, but can't get the remaining two.
    The Lazenby was rushed - he actually didn't sign many that night, I think he prefers to make money from his signatures. Fair enough I guess.
    Anyway, I just don't like being accused of selling fakes when
    I've spent so much time and money collecting in person signatures and am against filthy fakes. Not cool.
    I hope someone gets it who appreciates it for the great piece it is.
    Thanks all.