Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    edited June 2017
    I had a dream last night where DC signed up for his final bond film, "Eternal Calm". The trailer came out, with the tagline "there is still one person left to kill", as DC hunts down Blofeld. The trailer also featured a chimpanzee, and Gibbs from pirates of the caribbean with gold teeth.

This is what all this endless waiting has done to me...
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    Chriscoop wrote:

Two words....

Money.

Wasted.
    YNWA 97
    Possibly, but "allegedly" bets were placed accross several bookies.
    Also apparently the Spectre Facebook page has recently had its name changed to James bond 007 movies! Some suggest this is because an announcement is imminent??
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Also apparently the Spectre Facebook page has recently had its name changed to James bond 007 movies! Some suggest this is because an announcement is imminent??

Wouldn't surprise me too much if there was...just keep one hand firmly on your hat !
    YNWA 97
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:

I doubt the Facebook page name change has much to do with anything. I think someone just realised that it has been a year and a half since Spectre was released and that it should have a more generic name now.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

I doubt the Facebook page name change has much to do with anything. I think someone just realised that it has been a year and a half since Spectre was released and that it should have a more generic name now.
    My initial thoughts also, but this is seemingly an usual thing to happen.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

My initial thoughts also, but this is seemingly an usual thing to happen.

People are always looking for what they want to see. If they were about to announce the new film and prepare this page to be for the new film, wouldn't they have just waited for that? I would think that the name change means that there's no new film to be announced for a while.
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Yet another (perhaps the same one) article purporting that Craig will return:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/daniel-craig-will-reportedly-return-james-bond-122330177.html
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Yeah - many sites running the same info word for word so all snowballing "from a source"
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    If EON want Bond 25 out winter 2018 then the casting has to be agreed by autumn so they might have put pressure on Craig to give a final answer: "yes" or "no." Perhaps he's finally agreed to return!

Daniel Craig:

"I was gonna cut my wrists cos I can't stand the thought of doing another Bond film, but Babs offered me 30 million dollars. How could I refuse?" :p
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    My firm belief has always been DC will do B25 and his 5th. Blofeld left alive / story left open blah blah
    Could you walk away at that point, oh and flipping great wadges of cash too
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    nafets47 wrote:

Officially? That's retarded in my opinion since no official source has confirmed it. Even polish news sites are reporting that the source is an article from The Mirror...
    The Telegraph is reporting that not only is DC doing Bond25 but that Christopher Nolan has admitted to speaking to Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson. They also state Bond 25 is looking at a 2018 release.
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    MrZareba wrote:
    nafets47 wrote:

Officially? That's retarded in my opinion since no official source has confirmed it. Even polish news sites are reporting that the source is an article from The Mirror...
    FYI "Retarded" does not mean stupid or silly. It is hurtful to people with intellectual disabilities to throw that word around.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    The only thing Nolan said was that he has spoken to EON a couple of times (and this is important) along the years. Nowhere does he say that it was regarding Bond25.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    nafets47 wrote:

FYI "Retarded" does not mean stupid or silly. It is hurtful to people with intellectual disabilities to throw that word around.

Ok, my bad - I'm not a native speaker and that word is thrown around on 9gag for stupid stuff only. Didn't want to offend anyone for sure! Anyway - I guess we can agree it's absolutely disgraceful to put the word "officially" in the title when the source isn't even mentioned.
    Yup they are putting together:

1) The mirror news that a source says DC is coming back
    2) old Nolan quotes from last year saying he had a meeting with Babs

Dodgy journalism with no official source stated.

Hopefully there is truth in the Mirrors news
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Regardless, I just hope Eon/MGM announce something soon. This tabloid rehashing and 'hamster wheel' running in place is most tiresome :#
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Yup they are putting together:

1) The mirror news that a source says DC is coming back
    2) old Nolan quotes from last year saying he had a meeting with Babs

Dodgy journalism with no official source stated.

Hopefully there is truth in the Mirrors news

The interesting thing, though, is that I'm seeing the Mirror item picked up by more respectable publications (New York Magazine and Slate, for instance). These aren't tabloids that just print any old rubbish. The feeling I get is that something is out there to give them confidence to go with this. Ultimately, it may all be another false rumor, but as a Craig fan I am hopeful that this time there's a spark of fire behind the smoke.
    Peppermill wrote:
    The only thing Nolan said was that he has spoken to EON a couple of times (and this is important) along the years. Nowhere does he say that it was regarding Bond25.

Yes I realised that, I just find it interesting that Nolan has communication open with eon. in the original interview he says he would definitely direct a bond movie, but only if they needed him..... I think after Sp's mishandling of Blofeld he is needed.

Im getting the feeling things are beginning to happen.
    Hopefully :) -{
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    The best thing for the Bond franchise would be if they could get Nolan to direct Bond 25 (and 26, but that might be asking a bit too much) and get Craig/Fassbender/Jackman to star as Bond. I think that would be a $1.5 billion grosser.

Two problems. 1. Creative control. 2. How much would Nolan want. I read that he was getting $20 million plus 20% of the gross for Dunkirk. I can't believe those numbers are correct and, obviously, he wouldn't get anything like that for a Bond film. Would money be the deal breaker?
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    If Nolan really is a fan of Bond like he and everyone says (apparently he loves OHMSS), then there's a chance that money wouldn't be a problem. My only problem is that personally, I think he's wildly overrated - and action scenes are not his forte.

The problem with many directors is that a lot of big names also get a lot of creative control - as we've seen with Mendes and Forster. Wheras Mendes did brilliantly, when Forster was brought in, he brought a style that didn't fit Bond, and didn't fit the fact that QoS is the first true Bond sequel (as in, it relates heavily to a previous film).
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    Well action scenes weren't/ aren't Mendes forte either but the figures for his films say on the whole he pulled them off. Bond has such a strong stunt team and crew generally who know the ins and outs of a Bond action sequence. I'm not worried about the action scenes, I'm concerned about the story arc, the narrative and the character development during the film. Whats seriously needed next is a true Bond film, a sanctioned mission given to him by M, some interesting characters along the way who we get to enough to care about, mendes didn't really pull this off for me. For example I wasn't at all bothered when Swann walked away from Bond, but I did feel his pain with Vesper, had Blofeld shot Swann in the head it wouldn't have mattered to me half as much as Tracy being shot in ohmss. No next time I'd like more than superb cinematography set to a drab soundtrack ( though I do love Spectre and Skyfall) I also think DC if he returns deserves a bond adventure less the angst/ going rogue/ out for revenge......
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Watching this page explode, you can see why the tabloids run with these absolute non-stories. :))
    The problem with many directors is that a lot of big names also get a lot of creative control - as we've seen with Mendes and Forster. Wheras Mendes did brilliantly, when Forster was brought in, he brought a style that didn't fit Bond, and didn't fit the fact that QoS is the first true Bond sequel (as in, it relates heavily to a previous film).

Had Forster even made an action film before? I had seen some of his other films before QOS and thought he was going to be better than Martin Campbell because he wasn't an action film director. What we ended up getting was Forster out of his element, trying to copy other current action films rather than bring in his own style.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Although it seemed like QOS was an action learning opportunity for Forster because I thought his World War Z was excellent.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    JTM wrote:
    Although it seemed like QOS was an action learning opportunity for Forster because I thought his World War Z was excellent.

That's true - and the editing of that one was markedly different.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
This discussion has been closed.