The Rant Box

1155156157158159161»

Comments

  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    Once visiting my sister in law, in her house in the country.
    She managed to reverse straight back in to my car.
    Busting the radiator, and grill etc. I still don't understand
    How she could have done it, as we were the only two cars
    On the driveway. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,745MI6 Agent
    BT do the physically impossible and both suck and blow at the same time. Honestly, I’d be better off with a yoghurt pot and a piece of string.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 6,972MI6 Agent
    Complain like hell, in the end you will get a reduction on your bill monthly, not sure they will resolve the problem as they didnt mine
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    I left BT a few years ago and saved myself £240 per year ! ..... which can be
    used to expand my " Specialist Gentlemen's interest reading material " :v
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,757MI6 Agent
    I have ask - what's BT?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    British Telecom , Phones and broadband supplier.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,757MI6 Agent
    I see …. your Telenor :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    If Telenor gives bad service with exorbitant prices, then yes :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,757MI6 Agent
    That seems about right, yes. Was BT a state owned company too?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    :)) Yes, there seems to be a pattern
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,745MI6 Agent
    This just about sums BT up;

    797FB94D-D84A-4B03-A103-BE866FE3050F_zps2zhnth51.png
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,374MI6 Agent
    Today, there was an accident on a highway.
    Because most of the passing cars took pics, that drove a policeman mad.
    He pulled these people over, asked them to leave their car and look at the dead man before he charged them with a €128,—fine


    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=joxveexRZDk
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

    Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,558MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Today, there was an accident on a highway.
    Because most of the passing cars took pics, that drove a policeman mad.
    He pulled these people over, asked them to leave their car and look at the dead man before he charged them with a €128,—fine


    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=joxveexRZDk

    Unfortunately it's human nature to look but for someone to take pictures is just wrong and I'm glad they were fined for it!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 7,614MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Today, there was an accident on a highway.
    Because most of the passing cars took pics, that drove a policeman mad.
    He pulled these people over, asked them to leave their car and look at the dead man before he charged them with a €128,—fine


    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=joxveexRZDk

    Unfortunately it's human nature to look but for someone to take pictures is just wrong and I'm glad they were fined for it!

    They call it rubbernecking here in the UK. I too am glad they were fined. Taking pictures of a horrific event like that is truly sick, but we live in an increasingly sick society so it shouldn't really come as any surprise.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,435MI6 Agent
    I think posting such images on social media should carry a further punishment.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    I remember only last year ( I think ) after a bad car crash outside Dublin. The Garda ( Irish Police ) asked
    Drivers not to post photos of the victim , who'd been decapitated, on social media. As they were still trying
    To contact the victim's family. Needless to say their pleas fell on deaf ears as up went images almost
    Immediately. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 3,086MI6 Agent
    video blocked.
    Current rankings:
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
    TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,374MI6 Agent
    To the jerk in the Crappy matte black BMW Z3 That parked next to me today and damaged my car and then drove off:

    F*ck you and I hope that your winky will fall off after a long and painful burning STD! X-( X-( X-(
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

    Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 25,206Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    To the jerk in the Crappy matte black BMW Z3 That parked next to me today and damaged my car and then drove off:

    F*ck you and I hope that your winky will fall off after a long and painful burning STD! X-( X-( X-(

    I feel your pain...I detest people that behave in that manner… X-(
    YNWA 96
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 9,064MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    To the jerk in the Crappy matte black BMW Z3 That parked next to me today and damaged my car and then drove off:

    F*ck you and I hope that your winky will fall off after a long and painful burning STD! X-( X-( X-(

    I feel your pain...I detest people that behave in that manner… X-(


    eqaPG.png
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

    Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    It's about time The Queen removed the titles from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
    they are a disgrace, Now selling the inside story of Diana's death, for Netflix.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 9,064MI6 Agent
    It's said that Harry's discovery of a battered white Fiat Uno in a Balmoral lockup sheds light on recent attitudes...
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

    Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :)) an anonymous source no doubt.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,757MI6 Agent
    Christian Lüth, who was until a few months ago the official spokesperson for Germany's far-right party AfD, was asked about immigrants: "We can shoot them all later, no doubt about it. Or gas them or anything ... it's all the same to me." :o
    He also said "The worse things are for Germany the better for AfD".
    Lüth also expressed his admiration for his "Aryan grandfather", a ranking navy officer who was given the Iron Cross from Hitler personally.
    A few decades ago I couldn't imagine such a party getting much support in Germany, but the lessons of the past are obviously forgotten by many X-(
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,374MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    Well, I have been calling these people out for years here on AJB ( just because it‘s unimaginable to see those Nazis again in our parliament - not only in Germany) and have been called an anti-democrat because I don‘t accept a democratic vote and so on.

    I have been attacked for making their encoded xenophobic, racist messaging to their voters up but I kept on calling those Nazis out because they are what they are. All over Europe and I mean you UKIP and Brexit Party guys too, who are happily accepting funding from Russia just to strengthen your position.

    d1cbed7f58.jpg

    And that does not only apply to the AfD etc Party people - it‘s gutting that people are voting for those guys.

    This I heard yesterday: „Strong people don‘t need strongman leaders“ and there is much truth in that
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

    Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 281MI6 Agent
    Hear, and indeed, hear!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,757MI6 Agent
    edited January 24
    The New Zealand insentive budget for foreign movie productions in the country is about ten times as hight as Norway's! That's not the worst part - Irland's budget is 15 times as high as Norway's!! X-(
    Norway (especially this county) has seen a very good year for foreign movie productions with Mission Impossible, Bond and Black Widow, but if we're not willing to put down the cash it won't last X-( X-(
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,757MI6 Agent
    I'm not going to comment directly in the debate about JK Rowling and transexuals, but I want to speak up against some voice who want to target her books because of this. Some librarians have said they don’t want to display Harry Potter novels and other books because of her views on trans persons. I find this very problematic. Do we really want to censure away the works of artists because we don't like the opinions the author has voiced in other ways? If Rowling had made Voldemort a transperson and written negative things about that group in her novels I would at least understood the argument, but this isn't the case. We have to be able to see a work of art as an entity and not targeting the art as a punishment to the author for something she didn't include in the books.
    One of Norway's greatest authors is Knut Hamsun. He wrote many wonderful books, but he also voiced some support for Hitler and Germany ad an old man. Hitler and fascism isn't a theme in any of his books. Should people not read his works because of this? I don't so!
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,171MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I'm not going to comment directly in the debate about JK Rowling and transexuals, but I want to speak up against some voice who want to target her books because of this. Some librarians have said they don’t want to display Harry Potter novels and other books because of her views on trans persons. I find this very problematic. Do we really want to censure away the works of artists because we don't like the opinions the author has voiced in other ways? If Rowling had made Voldemort a transperson and written negative things about that group in her novels I would at least understood the argument, but this isn't the case. We have to be able to see a work of art as an entity and not targeting the art as a punishment to the author for something she didn't include in the books.
    One of Norway's greatest authors is Knut Hamsun. He wrote many wonderful books, but he also voiced some support for Hitler and Germany ad an old man. Hitler and fascism isn't a theme in any of his books. Should people not read his works because of this? I don't so!
    As the parent of a trans person, I have no time for Rowling's views. But I cannot deny that her books and the subsequent films have brought my family much entertainment and joy for over 20 years. IMO, it's important to separate art from artist, although I recognize it's not always easy.
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,757MI6 Agent
    Separating the art and the artist is important, but not an absolute rule. Jimmy Saville made children's programs and turned out to be a dangerous child abuser. Since there is such a direct link between his "art" and his crimes I understand why there are no re-runs of his show (I think).
    If an artist turns out to be an absolute monster (not that Saville wasn't, but I`m thinking of serial killers, terrorists etc.) there need not be any link between the artist and the art. There are some grey areas.
Sign In or Register to comment.