The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

12425262830

Comments

  • Tato007Tato007 France Posts: 263MI6 Agent
    Alex1995 wrote:
    "A typical leather belt. Male, size 34. Buckle: Notch."

    The first prototype -{

    Cheers
    Francois

    DSC-0113.jpgDSC-0127.jpg
    DSC-0123.jpg

    Piton-Belt.gif

    Love it ! Very Nice François
  • Tato007Tato007 France Posts: 263MI6 Agent
    I have a question, what is the name of this part of the GE prop?

    I have all the other components I just miss this one surrounded in red. Thank you for your help !

    46-EF080-E-5-DE0-4020-A737-B9-FD75-A3-E6-DB.jpg
  • ttdriverttdriver Posts: 185MI6 Agent
    I believe you are looking for a momentary push button switch-
    https://www.parts-express.com/momentary-nc-classic-small-push-button-switch-black--060-634
    shows you possibilities.
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,267MI6 Agent
    Just in time to celebrate TWINE 20th Anniversary -{
    al038-robert-king-lapel-pin-from-the-world-is-not-enough-replica.jpg

    Read full article here
    https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/robert-kings-lapel-pin-world-not-enough
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    Made myself a cheap and easy prop...
    From the opposite, amateur end of prop production!

    05222025-5-BCD-4216-8-BF8-885-D1-C9-C0450.jpg

    2938-F62-B-A3-F9-4-F87-B568-6-B31-D7-D35-AF3.jpg
  • Alex1995Alex1995 France/GermanyPosts: 304MI6 Agent
    It works really good! {[]

    I always find the simple or paper props great and bringing the details that make a scene believable
    1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
    7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

    "Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”
  • Alex1995Alex1995 France/GermanyPosts: 304MI6 Agent
    Here the GE belt prototype with stainless steel Piton.

    Still couple of modification to be made but it looks already OK for some pictures

    - François -{

    20191219-224229.jpg

    20191219-222555.jpg

    DSC-0361.jpg

    20191219-215136.jpg


    Here the simple push mechanism
    20191219-220440.jpg
    1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
    7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

    "Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 6,972MI6 Agent
    Alex1995 wrote:
    Here the GE belt prototype with stainless steel Piton.

    Still couple of modification to be made but it looks already OK for some pictures

    - François -{

    20191219-224229.jpg

    20191219-222555.jpg

    DSC-0361.jpg

    20191219-215136.jpg


    Here the simple push mechanism
    20191219-220440.jpg


    that looks wonderful :x {[]
  • Alex1995Alex1995 France/GermanyPosts: 304MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    that looks wonderful :x {[]

    Thanks mate {[]

    Still a work in progress between two Pampers :D
    1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
    7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

    "Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”
  • KleynenKleynen BelgiumPosts: 390MI6 Agent
    Very nice François!! {[]
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,145MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    Hi all. After many years of mulling, my brother and I decided to tackle our own custom prop project. We'd always wanted a replica of the Moonraker Laser Pistol; as an official prop was never made and reference materials are sketchy at best, we decided to put together our own take on the gun:

    We started out with a Dixco timing gun which we removed all the innards from. We then added in a custom light kit including a flashing SMD and switch. After some strategic wiring and placement, the trigger now activates the pulsating light.

    As there are no definitive reference pics of the assembly of the rear of the gun (not to mention the fact that there were so many different on screen versions in the movie) we decided to go in another direction and had some custom chrome Drax Industries logo pins made and adapted since the logo was so prominent in the film.

    In case you're wondering about the white buttons, after reviewing some screencaps from our Moonraker BluRay it was pretty clear that one of the guns Drax held on Bond had three protrusions on one side and two on the other so we went with that layout. We also really didn't see any black border around them, so we left them white.

    Lastly, there is the custom made base with laser etched Drax Industries logo.

    Looking forward to adding it to the rest of our Bond collectible collection. This is our first stab at making a custom prop so it was quite a learning process but also a lot of fun to put together. Hope you guys like it (click on each pic for larger versions).

    VLQJ06Ym.jpg

    LOfgcYnm.jpg

    fhqaaPhm.jpg
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    Wow! :o
    Excellent work guys!! {[]
  • Alex1995Alex1995 France/GermanyPosts: 304MI6 Agent
    Really well done! {[]

    Thanks for sharing
    1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
    7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

    "Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”
  • KladdaghKladdagh FrancePosts: 109MI6 Agent
    I really like it ... Congratulations -{
    ~Never Let Them See You Bleed~
  • Alex1995Alex1995 France/GermanyPosts: 304MI6 Agent
    Christmas addition -{

    - François

    DSC-0463.jpg
    1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
    7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

    "Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,115MI6 Agent
    TonyDP wrote:
    As there are no definitive reference pics of the assembly of the rear of the gun (not to mention the fact that there were so many different on screen versions in the movie) we decided to go in another direction and had some custom chrome Drax Industries logo pins made and adapted since the logo was so prominent in the film.

    The "greeblies" at the rear of the gun are the same self-adhesive wire/cable guides/clips used on many of the MR props. They were made in the UK and were commonplace then but seemingly impossible to find now (and trust me, I've tried).

    greeblies-B-LOW-RES.jpg
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,145MI6 Agent
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:
    As there are no definitive reference pics of the assembly of the rear of the gun (not to mention the fact that there were so many different on screen versions in the movie) we decided to go in another direction and had some custom chrome Drax Industries logo pins made and adapted since the logo was so prominent in the film.

    The "greeblies" at the rear of the gun are the same self-adhesive wire/cable guides/clips used on many of the MR props. They were made in the UK and were commonplace then but seemingly impossible to find now (and trust me, I've tried).

    If that's all it was I could easily model it in in something like Tinkercad and 3D Print it. That said, the pictures that I've seen make the rear assembly look much larger and more complex than just the greeblies as you can see in the screencap below that I pulled off the web:

    https://c8.alamy.com/comp/HEHG8B/michael-lonsdale-james-bond-moonraker-1979-HEHG8B.jpg

    It's this inconsistency from scene to scene that made us just put our arms up and go in our own direction.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,115MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    TonyDP wrote:
    If that's all it was I could easily model it in in something like Tinkercad and 3D Print it. That said, the pictures that I've seen make the rear assembly look much larger and more complex than just the greeblies as you can see in the screencap below that I pulled off the web:

    https://c8.alamy.com/comp/HEHG8B/michael-lonsdale-james-bond-moonraker-1979-HEHG8B.jpg

    It's this inconsistency from scene to scene that made us just put our arms up and go in our own direction.

    I think it goes back to your prior observation that the pistol is inconsistent scene to scene.
    It's the same with the larger white laser rifle; some have this same greeblie somewhere on the body, others don't have it at all.
    I agree it doesn't appear on the the one Drax handles but there are examples from various prop displays which do, in fact, have this clip at the rear. (Sadly I've only got a shot from the DC Spy Museum which included prototypes and not final props.)
    The piece on the Drax pistol you've attached shows-up on some other MR as well as Star Wars props.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,145MI6 Agent
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    I think it goes back to your prior observation that the pistol is inconsistent scene to scene.
    It's the same with the larger white laser rifle; some have this same greeblie somewhere on the body, others don't have it at all.
    I agree it doesn't appear on the the one Drax handles but there are examples from various prop displays which do, in fact, have this clip at the rear. (Sadly I've only got a shot from the DC Spy Museum which included prototypes and not final props.)
    The piece on the Drax pistol you've attached shows-up on some other MR as well as Star Wars props.

    Inconsistency can be the bane of the collector, especially for a prop that appears on screen for mere seconds. As another example, in addition to James Bond, my brother and I are also avid Star Trek collectors and there are many differences in the props and models from the original show as well, right down to the color of the handle of the phaser or the detailing on the back of the nacelles of the Enterprise to name but two. It's to be expected from productions that were made before the era of home video. Nowadays, you can break a movie down to its individual frames and inspect every element in exacting detail; that's something the makers of these movies probably never envisioned. I'm almost afraid to think what we'll see when the inevitable 4K masters of the Bond movies are released.

    At some point you just have to accept the fact that for a lot of these items there is no such thing as a single perfect replica because there were multiple versions in the first place. Even officially licensed products rarely are 100% accurate. Ultimately collecting should be fun, which is what this project was for my brother and me. It got us to think outside our comfort zones and mess around with batteries, wiring, acrylics, various bonding solutions and other stuff. The exercise was as important as the final product.
  • Alex1995Alex1995 France/GermanyPosts: 304MI6 Agent
    TonyDP wrote:
    At some point you just have to accept the fact that for a lot of these items there is no such thing as a single perfect replica because there were multiple versions in the first place. (...) The exercise was as important as the final product.

    Totally agree -{
    1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
    7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

    "Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    Guys, if we’re talking about the Drax timing light laser pistol then the greeblie on the sides at rear is one of the play buttons from a vintage cassette recorder. It was also used on an X Wing helmet I believe. Someone was selling casts of these on the Bay some time ago and I have a couple somewhere and also have the cassette recorder buried in the loft somewhere. Ed knows the model of the recorder I believe.

    https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/33836/replica-bond-props/page/2/

    https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47942/props-no-clothes/page/18/
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,559MI6 Agent
    Alex1995 wrote:
    Christmas addition -{

    - François

    DSC-0463.jpg

    Francois, was that book published before the Daniel Craig era? Can you pls list the ISBN? Thank you!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Alex1995Alex1995 France/GermanyPosts: 304MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    superado wrote:
    Francois, was that book published before the Daniel Craig era? Can you pls list the ISBN? Thank you!

    Yes, 1996 for Goldeneye.

    It's the original prop catalog of the Tokyo exhibition.

    It's similar to "Il Mio nome e' Bond..."(Fabbri Editori). I have included some pictures in a previous post.
    The main differences that I noticed so far are: the format, an extra part on Fleming, the layout of the pictures and I have the feeling that the pics are more crisp in the Japanese catalog.

    If there is interess I can compare both and post some pics
    1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
    7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

    "Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,671MI6 Agent
    Very interested. Thanks!
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,559MI6 Agent
    Alex1995 wrote:
    superado wrote:
    Francois, was that book published before the Daniel Craig era? Can you pls list the ISBN? Thank you!

    Yes, 1996 for Goldeneye.

    It's the original prop catalog of the Tokyo exhibition.

    It's similar to "Il Mio nome e' Bond..."(Fabbri Editori). I have included some pictures in a previous post.
    The main differences that I noticed so far are: the format, an extra part on Fleming, the layout of the pictures and I have the feeling that the pics are more crisp in the Japanese catalog.

    If there is interess I can compare both and post some pics

    Thank you! By coincidence I was admiring your other book from a few pages back and didn’t realize the two books were related!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 962MI6 Agent
    Would anyone know if the CZ Scorpion has been seen in any Bond films or other Bond-related media? I received one by accident, just want to check before I go through the hassle of sending this thing back, cheers.
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 448MI6 Agent
    Would anyone know if the CZ Scorpion has been seen in any Bond films or other Bond-related media? I received one by accident, just want to check before I go through the hassle of sending this thing back, cheers.

    Didn't one appear in a Brosnan movie ???
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 962MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
    Fred007 wrote:
    Didn't one appear in a Brosnan movie ???
    I do mean the CZ Scorpion EVO 3, released in 2009 - so can only be from the Craig-era films, games, or perhaps the comics. I'll keep searching, but it seems unlikely.

    Still, thank you for your response, it is appreciated. -{
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • KleynenKleynen BelgiumPosts: 390MI6 Agent
    Tribute to our beloved Gadget Meister Andy House
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwbEuzJCnqI
    Knowing Andy loved Diamonds Are Forever, I post some of my DAF props:

    1.jpg

    2.jpg

    3.jpg

    4.jpg

    5.jpg

    6.jpg

    I will miss you fellow collector, friend -{
    You are forever, RIP
    Christof
Sign In or Register to comment.