Hope you Gents across the Pond are all ok!

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I predicted Boris pulling out (oh er!) and think as revenge on Gove, he'll be backing
    James May's Mum. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,588Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    IMO pathetic show from him.

At first pulling his country out of the EU but then not willing to be consequently enough to execute for what he was fighting for and also carry the consequences.

If the Brexit vote was a finger to the EU and the current establishment, BoJo gave now the finger to the ones that voted for his campaign.

I don't think Boris pulled "his country out of the EU" - he made it clear that he wanted out of the EU BUT that he wanted Cameron to stay on...I don't think he ever said he would stand for PM...after all, Cameron wanted to be PM but skulked off when he didn't get his own way - isn't that giving the finger to the whole nation as well ?

Although it is obvious that nearly everyone wants to be the person AFTER the person that triggers Article 50...
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Disagree.
    When I am head of a movement and fighting for something - particular with 'getting our country back' etc, one can hardly explain why he would NOT step in after winning.

He openly fought Cameron and the political elite - there is no reson for NOT taking political responsibility for what he was fighting for!

Unless he was fully aware that his project was utopia/nonsense.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Johnson was an EU supporter until working in Brussels, whilst there he became sceptical of the EU project.
    I'm not convinced of the "he took us out of the EU so he should now lead us" argument, what Britain needs now is political unity in the government and the best political minds to set Britain's course. Gove is widely acknowledged as a brilliant political mind, he has just shown his ruthless side. Johnson has stood down for the good of nature in his mind not in spite of it.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Last Friday I had dinner in Bergen with a lawyer and an engineer from Germany and an engineer, an author and a teacher from here in Norway. Obviously Brexit was a topic. You would never guess what they said ( :)) :)) :)) ) - they thought Brexit was pure lunacy!
    I know you find it shocking that urban European intellectuals (the Norwegian teacher and engineer have books on philosophy in German in the bathroom instead of comic books) like the EU, but they do ....
    We have toilet paper in ours. :p :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Number24 wrote:
    Last Friday I had dinner in Bergen with a lawyer and an engineer from Germany and an engineer, an author and a teacher from here in Norway. Obviously Brexit was a topic. You would never guess what they said ( :)) :)) :)) ) - they thought Brexit was pure lunacy!
    I know you find it shocking that urban European intellectuals (the Norwegian teacher and engineer have books on philosophy in German in the bathroom instead of comic books) like the EU, but they do ....
    Nice to see you back number 24, there was a rumour going around you had been accidentally shot with an uzi. :o
    A bunch of unelected Europeans discussing Britain's future ......... now what does that
    Remind me of ? :p :))

Yes nice to see you back Number24, I assumed, you'd just got snowed in somewhere. -{
    I think whoever becomes the new pm should make it compulsory for every high St in the land to have a Hooters bar, it's a great policy, provides extra jobs for women (there always banging on about women in the work place) I'm sure it would be popular with men and it shows unity with our American cousins, of course in Scotland they can have Kilts ( that other fine establishment) instead of Hooters. This has vote winner written all over it!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Johnson was an EU supporter until working in Brussels, whilst there he became sceptical of the EU project.
    I'm not convinced of the "he took us out of the EU so he should now lead us" argument, what Britain needs now is political unity in the government and the best political minds to set Britain's course. Gove is widely acknowledged as a brilliant political mind, he has just shown his ruthless side. Johnson has stood down for the good of nature in his mind not in spite of it.

Actually he was writing madeup stories about the EU and has gotten fired for that :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Chriscoop, your Hooters policy is just the thing for a modern forward thinking
    Country. You have my vote. Your concern for female workers has to be commended -{
    Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Actually he was writing madeup stories about the EU and has gotten fired for that :v
    He made up one quote, whilst writing for the times. I'm quite sure he isn't the only politician to tell a porky.
    Chriscoop, your Hooters policy is just the thing for a modern forward thinking
    Country. You have my vote. Your concern for female workers has to be commended -{
    I sometimes just have flashes of inspiration on the important issues of the day.
    I think you just "Care" too much, you are a visionary, a true humanitarian! ;)
    A bunch of unelected Europeans discussing Britain's future ......... now what does that

Yes nice to see you back Number24, I assumed, you'd just got snowed in somewhere. -{

The chances of getting shot with an Uzi is very slim here in Norway - I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened to anyone yet.
    The snow thing is obviously far more likely. In fact the oposite happened - I went to Bergen. the weather man said: There will be a deluge of rain in the Bergen region, but if you take a deep breath on Friday and exhale on Tuesday you'll be fine.
    Sounds like a N.Ireland summer. :))
  • The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    BoJo was the perfect man to lead the Brexit campaign, but it seems he's decided (and probably rightly so) that he's not the man to win the war, now that the battle has been won. May is no leader, Gove possibly. I think though that the possibility of a general election has moved closer now.
    1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS
    Number24 wrote:

The chances of getting shot with an Uzi is very slim here in Norway - I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened to anyone yet.
    The snow thing is obviously far more likely. In fact the oposite happened - I went to Bergen. the weather man said: There will be a deluge of rain in the Bergen region, but if you take a deep breath on Friday and exhale on Tuesday you'll be fine.
    May I direct your attention to post 149 on page 6.
    I think you just "Care" too much, you are a visionary, a true humanitarian! ;)
    I'll be appointing you secretary of commerce and all things marvellous. It will be your duty to make sure all the female Hooters employees are up to scratch and happy in their work.
    Any scratching, I think would make them unacceptable for employment. ;)
    But I'm up for all things marvelous, so long as it includes fabulousness !
    Any scratching, I think would make them unacceptable for employment. ;)
    But I'm up for all things marvelous, so long as it includes fabulousness !
    That goes without saying, I'm also including stupendousness to your brief, I've heard your briefs are stupendous.
    {[] That settles it, I'm in -{. Except when out, but that these stupendous briefs for you. :#
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

May I direct your attention to post 149 on page 6.

Ah .... I see. It's nice to be missed - probably. It must have been someone else Stag accidentally shot with 30 shots with his Uzi.
    BTW, has anyone seen Rowan Atkinson lately?
    In general I think Obi Sean Kenobi has his answer from his original post (though I'm guessing he wished he'd never asked) things here are incredibly normal, ajbers engaging in inflammatory arguments, sarcasm, wit, some smut, some smugness and one or two withdrawls :o, some fantastic humour, some remarkable humourlessness and some distinct stubbornness ... Yup nothings changed at all -{
    Am I the only one who smiles when they hear a politician say "Mandate " :D
    No
    I also confess to finding "mass debate" quite funny, snigger snigger :D
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    In general I think Obi Sean Kenobi has his answer from his original post (though I'm guessing he wished he'd never asked) things here are incredibly normal, ajbers engaging in inflammatory arguments, sarcasm, wit, some smut, some smugness and one or two withdrawls :o, some fantastic humour, some remarkable humourlessness and some distinct stubbornness ... Yup nothings changed at all -{

Not enough smut, frankly. We need more smut!!!
    "Dirty, Dirty, Boy !" :))
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Oooooooh.....be still my wildly beating heart!