Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    i fully understand!!

I was thinking, there are some good fast food restaurants, i was in one today. Small outlets that aren't completely focused on advertising to teen agers!! It was quite nice, I have a cup of potato wedges which had some kind of delicious flavouring on them, and my friend had a mexican wrap which he said was delicious as well!!
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
  • The Sly FoxThe Sly Fox USAPosts: 467MI6 Agent
    edited December 2003
    Well, now I don't get it: Are you guys talking about favorite restaurants or favorite foods? :D

Oh, by the way: I was touched by tirpitz suggesting a celebration for me... *sniff* But I have no excuse for not bothering to get on the keyboard and talk to all my best friends on AJB--I really don't deserve a celebration. :)
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    Ah nice to see that Sir Donald and Sly have returned. We need a new subject now... I think the fast food topic has ran out of steam.
  • tirpitztirpitz Posts: 339MI6 Agent
    I have a topic General, what kinds of online games do you play?, aside from JB games. Here's my list:

1. Call of Duty
    2. Wolfenstein: ET
    3. Medal of Honor
    4. Battlefield 1942
    edited December 2003
    Hmm, the only game I ever play online is Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, but a match can last an unlimited amount of time - most are about 3 hours, so I don't find the time to play much.

I used to play;

Grand Theft Auto 2
    No One Lives Forever
    Midtown Madness 2
    Command and Conquer; Red Alert

and others too, but some of these games wont run on my new PC.
  • TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    Quoting tirpitz:
    I always loved Burger King! How can you say that?

You should come to California, because possibly the best fast food restaurant in the world is here :D. It's called In-n-Out Burger and even people who don't like fast food like this place.
    Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.
    Quoting Tracy:
    You should come to California, because possibly the best fast food restaurant in the world is here :D. It's called In-n-Out Burger and even people who don't like fast food like this place.

Hey that sounds good to me, as long as the food tastes good and isn't cold because it takes ages to get here. ;)
    edited December 2003
    Well, I have never played any online games. However I have been told of one called "Kings Of Chaos," but I haven't really signed up for it yet. Anyone else heard of this? If I get a good recommendation, I may just join. I just don't like signing up for things because you give your email address...Do you guys think it is safe to give your email address, zip code, and real name to sign up for things? I am paranoid...What can I tell you? :P

Oh, yes I have played games with online multiplayer like Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 and Nightfire.
    Quoting The Sly Fox:
    Well, I have never played any online games. However I have been told of one called "Kings Of Chaos," but I haven't really signed up for it yet. Anyone else heard of this? If I get a good recommendation, I may just join. I just don't like signing up for things because you give your email address...Do you guys think it is safe to give your email address, zip code, and real name to sign up for things? I am paranoid...What can I tell you? :P

I have no problem with putting in my name or email address, but my postal/zip code I usually just makeup, and give them a fake one. Then some poor sod will recieve loads of mail from them. :))
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    Quoting The Sly Fox:

I have no problem with putting in my name or email address, but my postal/zip code I usually just makeup, and give them a fake one. Then some poor sod will recieve loads of mail from them. :))

So, it was you. I will give you one chance to defend yourself. Choose you words very carefully General, they may be your last. :))
  • ilove pierceilove pierce Posts: 224MI6 Agent
    so if i would sign up on EA games.com could i play nightfire and other games?
    i dont have an xbox or any kind of video games. but i would love to be able to play some of the games. i never got a chance to finish it.
    how all you guys been? I've been out side playing in our foot of snow! :d we had a snow day last wensday and i havnt been on since!
    Quoting Moore Not Less:
    So, it was you. I will give you one chance to defend yourself. Choose you words very carefully General, they may be your last. :))

Look, MNL. I can only apologise with all my heart if you recieved those socks from Asda. Really I didn't mean it. :))
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    Quoting Moore Not Less:

Look, MNL. I can only apologise with all my heart if you recieved those socks from Asda. Really I didn't mean it. :))

It's bad enough receiving all those socks, but what made it worse was that they didn't even match.
    edited December 2003
    Maybe im a little bhind on the chating but what are you two talking about?

BTW, my best friend was in chicago this weekend and she guess who she bumped into. Judi Dench!
    she was sitting right next to her and when Judi got up she noticed it was her! the darn coat guy had my freinds coat so she didnt have her autograph book.
    oh i was really excited when she told me.
    Wow thats groovy!

So, I hate to turn this topic into a christmas topic but, aah what am I saying, TURN THE TOPIC INTO A CHRISTMAS TOPIC!!!

Seriously though, before we have a murder situation on our hands maybe the topic should be Christmas, after all it is only 10 days away!! Probably 9 by the time most of you read this! Have you done all your shopping etc?! I spent £85 on presents this year, I have no idea how much that is in dollars, anyone know how to convert £-$?!!
    edited December 2003
    Quoting ilove pierce:
    Maybe im a little behind on the chatting but what are you two talking about?

:)) Read back until you find The Sly Fox's last post. Then you'll find out.
    Quoting Moore Not Less:
    It's bad enough receiving all those socks, but what made it worse was that they didn't even match.
    :))
    No? That's a shame. Infact I thought you would have liked the socks, you know - because they had Barbie on the front and all. :)) ;)
    Sorry JM, but I like the online games topic we're currently doing. So, GO, you play C & C? I thought it was ages ago when people still played that!
    Quoting tirpitz:
    Sorry JM, but I like the online games topic we're currently doing. So, GO, you play C & C? I thought it was ages ago when people still played that!

Ha! Yea, I don't play it anymore - but when it was quite new I used to play it a lot. A good strategy game but very dated now so I no longer play it.
    edited December 2003
    Quoting Jedi Master:
    anyone know how to convert £-$?!!
    £85 is about $110! :D

Well, today is my birthday!! -{ However, I don't see my name posted on any AJB birthday list, like the one that was mentioned in the Help Forum...
  • TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    Quoting Tracy:

Hey that sounds good to me, as long as the food tastes good and isn't cold because it takes ages to get here. ;)

It's one of the few places that actually makes things fresh right when you order it. Quite nice, really.
    Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.
    Quoting The Sly Fox:
    Well, today is my birthday!! -{ However, I don't see my name posted on any AJB birthday list, like the one that was mentioned in the Help Forum...

Happy Birthday, and you're lucky to have it so close to Christmas - a nice time of the year.

I'm way away in March ;)
    well its probably better to have a birthday at least a month away from christmas, so:

1: Your parents and family dont go bankrupt!

2: Your celebrations are spread over the year

3: your birthday isn't made "less of" because of chrimbo, i mean christmas!
    Thats true JC it might also cut down on the presents you get because it is so close to christmas. thats what my parents would do.
    Mine isnt til july.
    !!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY SLY!!!CHEERS!!
    yes happy b'day indeed! :D :)) {[] :007)
    Happy Birthday Sly Fox!
    edited December 2003
    You can see my thanks in the topic "Happy Birthday," ;) but thank you all for giving me such a good Happy Birthday! My family and my friends (that's mostly you guys ;)) are the reasons I can say I had a really great birthday...alas, you really don't get hardly any presents when your birthday is so close to Christmas. But that's okay because it gets made up for on Christmas...Not for the presents, but for having God, family, friends, and a nice computer so that I can go on AJB. ;)
    Hey thats all that matters. :)
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    edited December 2003
    Just returned from LOTR - Return Of The King. Who else has seen it? I personally love it, but then again I love all the LOTR movies anyway!
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    i cant wait to see that, I just love the last film in a trilogy! Even though I know how it ends, well I know what happens to the ring is all! Was it good? What were the weak points? Wihtout giving too much away!!
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    The weak points - The ending dragged on too much. I once heard that there was 8 endings, and the director didn't know which one to chose, so he used them all. This therefore made the ending drag on a bit.
    Another weak point was the absence of Saruman. (Christopher Walken).

The strong points - Basically everything else! The action and battle scenes where gripping, the character development was good, the acting was great, the story flowed together brilliantly, and the climax with the ring was absolutely stunning, and it took my breath away.

Overall, this IMO was a fantastic film, although I don't think it's the best in the trilogy. Still an awesome film though. That's my opinion anyway.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby