Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Now on a different subject, me and the wife,have booked a 3 day trip this year to go to the Edinburgh military tattoo ,any Bond tips whilst im in town ,would be greatly appreciated, :)) :))

For a start why not arrive a' la' Bond at the London Olympics? I'm sure you can arrange for the theme tune to be played as you descend into the arena under the Union Jack parachute.

We have booked with a coach company, didn't want to fly/drive ,going to York , and Harrogate too, so the coach will probably be full of pensioners,as for the union jack para- chute ,more likely to be zimmerframes and surgical stockings , :)) but looking forward to it anyhow,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Polishing off a Bottle of JB Honey -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • hot crossed bondhot crossed bond at the barPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    has anyone seen the Aston martin bicycle? go check it out...if you have 39000 bucks! sorry the photo won't load
    I'm motivated by my duty
    just realised it was the 18th of feb...happy birthday Dad...hope you can hear me ;)
    I'm motivated by my duty
    just read they are rebooting Shaft again...there ya go Idris Elba
    I'm motivated by my duty
    I read about this poor little girl ,aged 1 ,her name is Olivia ,this tiny little thing was born with life threatening problems ,and is/was under the care of GOSH in London ,I read that her parents had to take the decision ,to have her life support switched off ,I cried when I read that,i couldn't have done that ,and I like to think im fairly brave , rest in peace little one.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I read about this poor little girl ,aged 1 ,her name is Olivia ,this tiny little thing was born with life threatening problems ,and is/was under the care of GOSH in London ,I read that her parents had to take the decision ,to have her life support switched off ,I cried when I read that,i couldn't have done that ,and I like to think im fairly brave , rest in peace little one.

I keep telling myself the best ones are always taken early :(
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    +1.

Yes sadly there are so many people desperate to have children who can't, and would love a nurture them - and foster parents who go through hoops of fire. And there are those who have kids at the drop of a hat and neglect or abuse them, which makes my blood boil.

I used to like a band called Lostprophets many moons ago until I heard of the truly sick, horrible things the lead singer visited on little children. I hope he gets his just desserts and they are slowly, painfully administered.

The poor little girl in the London hospital though, just makes me so sad.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    I echo your Sentiments C&D. Me and the OH lost our first a couple of Months into her Pregnancy, and seeing Parents abuse there Kids really does make us angry X-(
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I commiserate with you both, AOS.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    {[]

Were on the second Attempt now, and everything is going alright :)
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Heartbreaking story out of Toronto this morning. A 3-year old boy wandered out of his home at 4:30am this morning in just his nappy, t-shirt and boots. It was -20C at the time (-33C with the wind factored in). No one noticed he was missing until they got up at 7:30am. Hundreds of police and ordinary people headed out to search for him before he was found in a neighbouring back garden in the snow at 10am. Needless to say, he died. Absolutely heartbreaking. Can't imagine what the family are going through, or the people in whose garden he was found.
    Heartbreaking story out of Toronto this morning. A 3-year old boy wandered out of his home at 4:30am this morning in just his nappy, t-shirt and boots. It was -20C at the time (-33C with the wind factored in). No one noticed he was missing until they got up at 7:30am. Hundreds of police and ordinary people headed out to search for him before he was found in a neighbouring back garden in the snow at 10am. Needless to say, he died. Absolutely heartbreaking. Can't imagine what the family are going through, or the people in whose garden he was found.
    it is so sad...there are no words
    I'm motivated by my duty
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent
    edited February 2015
    I remember some years ago when a 9 year old boy was killed near where I grew up. It was a farm accident. My grandfather (who was in his late 80's back then) and I took a break working on the family farm to talk about this tragedy, and he said:"The reason the boy is dead and I'm still alive is just a question of good luck or bad luck." Too true :#
    When a child dies I guess people tear themselves apart thinking "if" or "if not". It was strange seeing a very old man thinking of his own life in the same way, wondering why he survived.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I watched a recent programme on the death camps of WW2, and an old
    Survivor said as a boy he noticed people being separated in to young/healthy
    Old/ sick or babies. So when he got the chance he walked over to the healthy
    Line.
    When asked how he survived he said. He didn't know. He wasn't the biggest,
    Or the strongest. He wasn't the smartest ........... He was lucky !
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Got caught up in watching the who killed Lucy saga in Eastenders ,and a thought crossed my mind ,that the lad who plays Peter ,Ben Hardy,
    Ian Beales son , , would make a good future James Bond ,
    Two interesting stories today for different reasons.
    They have discovered the identity of Jihadi John, so let's hope justice can
    Be served, I'd say he won't be getting much sleep, clocks ticking Johnny. ;)

And ....
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/11435200/Just-another-patrol-for-Para-who-won-VC.html
    Paratrooper Joshua Leakey is awarded The Victoria Cross for Bravery. -{ I thought it
    Was brilliant on the news it showed him being "formally" presented with it by a General.
    After the salute and handshake, the General reached over and gave him a Hug ! :D -{

Shows two sides of war, ........ between Warriors and madmen. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Two interesting stories today for different reasons.
    They have discovered the identity of Jihadi John, so let's hope justice can
    Be served, I'd say he won't be getting much sleep, clocks ticking Johnny. ;)

Bet his parents choked on their cornflakes this morning (unless they already knew)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Welsh boy did cross my thoughts the other day apparently ,Argentina have produce a 50 peso note (£3-50) and they have printed a map of his home on the back .This of course is going to convince the whole world ,that the UK justs walks away fom the Falklands,
    and let the Argies move in ,and promptly turn it into a uninhabital crap hole,
    Just got a text from one of my spies in Rome ,he says half the city is shut down due to Bond (if your not familiar with Rome ) its about as big as the west end of London :)
    The Norwegian army are training an all-female special forces unit. They claim they are the only female conscript special forces soldiers in the world. Is that true? Perhaps Israel has some ....

forsvaret.jpg

984189-10-1391424570845.jpg
    I'd hate to be the terrorists group to piss them off, once a month ! ;)

On a serious note, is there any reason for an all female Special Forces group ?
    edited February 2015
    Female commandoes can be useful. Say there is a raid on a suspected terrorist's house. Female operators can go into the women's quarters, search the women and talk to them far more easily than a man can. So far a few women have tried to join the regual special forces units, but they all failed. Since female conscription started last year all girls have to do tests (stamina, IQ etc) to decide if and for what thay are suited for in the military. The girls who did best on the tests were invited to try out for the special forces. For some reason this works better and ten of them are left after six months. The training regimen is almost the same as the "regular" fallskjermjegers (a conscript LRRP unit), other than the girls being trained for urban reccon too. By this time the there are usually just 15-25 boys left of the fallskjermjegers, so ten girls left in their unit is pretty good.
    {[] interesting. Is there a reason ( that you might know, I don't expect you to be an expert ).
    Why they don't have mixed units of men and women ?

I also heard on the news last night that Norway once again allows professional
    Boxing again, since the early 80s. :)
    I think the reason they have a female only unit is to increase the chanse of some of them qualifying as special forces soldiers. women seem to do better in groups. Later the military hope that some of them might make it into FSK, our version of SAS.
    Only heard this on the radio, so I don't have a link
    A Russian soap star, got lucky with a lady, only to wake up in pain. Turns out
    His testicals had been removed ! :o ( may be a urban myth being reported )
    But bloody hell !!!!
    It doesn't bare thinking about :o
    I'm surprised he didn't notice straight away, they're usually the first
    Thing scratched in the morning . :))