Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Gary Lineker was this week's "Star in a reasonably-priced car" and I loved his Tweet today: "Should be driving a reasonably priced car today in beautiful sunshine. Ah well, heard the food's crap any way."

I also liked Clarkson's comment on stepping out of his London home today "I'm off to the Job Centre."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,615Chief of Staff
    stag wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    stag wrote:
    Top Gear has killed itself by its ever increasing absurdity..

And with a global audience of around 350 million - that's some death !

Top Gear has four live shows in Norway at the end of this month...I guess a decision will be made soon then...

Although I didn't explain it I meant it killed itself as far as my watching it was concerned. Here's hoping Clarkson goes & signs a twenty year exclusive contract with Sky - here's hoping because I've only got freeview.

I must say I agree with the WW2 documentaries he did, they were good, but as for the rest of it I absolutely stand by my viewpoint.

Ah right....still, nobody is forced to watch Top Gear...they can, like yourself, either watch something else or switch off...ultimately the BBC will lose out IF he goes...and I'm not sure he will...unless he decides to leave...
    But the general public clearly have no interest in a 'proper' motoring show....why would I want to watch a car program about cars I can afford ???? I mean, any car I can afford I don't want ! :))
    YNWA 97
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I once met the stars of Driven, penny Mallory, Jason Plato and Mike Brewer when they visited my Uni where I was studying. Considering they were hounded by hundreds of students, it's got to be said they were really nice, approachable and friendly. I used some brain and waited to say hello after the day of filming was coming to an end, and sheepishly stuck my head round the door where the three were sat. I had a great chat with them, all actually talking to me instead of at or through me which was cool.

On the flip side, clarkson was filming near where I work and I have it on good authority that when someone approached Clarkson he swiftly told them to 'fook off'.

I've come to the conclusion that sometimes while we might like, enjoy watching or even admire some celebrities, it's probably better to leave them as that - a celebrity and avoid bursting the bubble as it were. Gok Wan by the way is the biggest coont who's so far up his own arse he's stuck in a permanent rectal paradox.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Apparently James May is the complete opposite, always polite and willing to talk to Fans.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I would think so he seems to be a gentleman. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I thought it crazy on the news today that an ex-wife of a millionare is
    Seeking more money off him. Even though he set his business up
    Three years AFTER his divorce !!! So she had nothing to do with his
    Business ? Doesn't make sense to me.
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    I say bring back William Woolard!

Very good presenter, I remember him well. In fact, I have recently been watching for the first time since it was originally broadcast in the late 1970's a BBC series called The Secret War that Woollard presented. Deals with the technical aspects of the Second World War, such as radar, Enigma Code, the V1 &V2 rockets, jet aircraft, etc. A real pleasure to watch again, highly recommended.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    stag wrote:
    Just out of interest, if the three stooges didn't come back (I like James May actually & he has made some good programmes outside TG) has anyone any suggestions as to who could take over? (Hopefully no one will say Quentin Wilson!)

I don't mind Quentin Wilson...someone said that Chris Evans had been approached - but I thought he was trying to get his own version off the ground...
    YNWA 97
    Get the cast of loose women in to test drive the cars. :D
    I have heard some speculation that Clarkson may resign, whatever
    The outcome of the inquiry.
    So the BBC will lose a top rated programme, and Sky will gain one.
    With a big pay increase for Jazza ! ;)
    They could try the old " Have I got news for you " or " never mind the buzzcocks" idea
    Of having a guest presenter every week. ;)
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Yeah, given a choice between BBC's Top Gear with Chris Evans and Sky's Superior Stick Shift with Clarkson, I'd go with the latter.
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Moore Than wrote:
    stag wrote:
    I say bring back William Woolard!

Very good presenter, I remember him well. In fact, I have recently been watching for the first time since it was originally broadcast in the late 1970's a BBC series called The Secret War that Woollard presented. Deals with the technical aspects of the Second World War, such as radar, Enigma Code, the V1 &V2 rockets, jet aircraft, etc. A real pleasure to watch again, highly recommended.
    That sounds like an interesting programme. I don't remember it being broadcast first time around, but it is something I would have watched.

Here is the first episode entitled The Battle of the Beams. The rest of the series is currently available if you (or anyone else) are interested.

The Secret War_1 The Battle of the Beams_complete
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf5caj9ZhpQ
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    stag wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    stag wrote:
    Just out of interest, if the three stooges didn't come back (I like James May actually & he has made some good programmes outside TG) has anyone any suggestions as to who could take over? (Hopefully no one will say Quentin Wilson!)

I don't mind Quentin Wilson...someone said that Chris Evans had been approached - but I thought he was trying to get his own version off the ground...

Chris Evans?! I'd rather watch Clarkson! There are quite a few people who as well as being qualified would soon strike a good rapport with each other - different to Curly, Larry & Mo but just the same if you know what I mean. I still think Penny Mallory would make a good presenter, team her up with Mike Brewer & a third party & cast the show off in a slightly different direction to give them the chance to make it their own.

Meanwhile I've found this:

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/sack-jeremy-clarkson

Can't stand Brewer...he's just VERY annoying ! And bloody smug !

Obviously the program you want made isn't Top Gear...so do a few others...but that's the issue...the program you want made won't sell...it's been tried and its failed...I'm not convinced Top Gear can continue without the three of them, certainly not without Clarkson...if you put three different people in, then it's not Top Gear....
    YNWA 97
    Just thought of Idris Elba, he loves fast cars and was only recently in Ireland
    Doing a bit of rally driving,so if Bond doesn't work out,he could replace Clarkson. :D
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,379Chief of Staff
    Well, he's been considered for everything else!
    Hang on a sec, has anyone thought he could play bond?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Yes, but he will be too old by the Time Craig leaves.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I was in the west end yesterday, met up with some chums for drinks and a bite to eat . Any-way I remembered one of the guys mentioning a gilet ,that he had seen on the HACKETT web site, so as I was in Regent street ,thought it would be rude not to pop in to their store and have a nose about.To cut along story short , I was given a free gin and tonic upstairs mixed by their in house bartender .Didn't get to see the gilet ,but the g&t was excellent. :D .Still with time to kill ,thought id have a wander up Carnaby street. I bought a STARSKY cardigan there about 35 years ago (wish I still had it ,cant find one any where on the face of the earth)
    But now Carnaby street is now just another collection of Euro brands , Pret,Costa, Boots, Mac, Pepe, ect .Very sterile very boring,
    a total waste of time and space . :(
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    On the flip-side I went to poundland and bought some sweets, plus the pot they come in is great for model parts.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    I was working :(
    minigeff wrote:
    On the flip-side I went to poundland and bought some sweets, plus the pot they come in is great for model parts.

Is it true,some of the best models ,have been made out of discarded house hold items ,eg tooth paste caps ect
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent
    edited March 2015
    Just thought of Idris Elba, he loves fast cars and was only recently in Ireland
    Doing a bit of rally driving,so if Bond doesn't work out,he could replace Clarkson. :D

The worst thing they can do is hiring someone to copy Clarkson, so why not do "something completely different"?
    Perhaps a woman? I saw Jodie Kidd on Top Gear. She loves cars, she drives very well an she's entertaining and funny. Hiring her would change the dynamic in the group an freshen up the program.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    aaarghh.....

Received a call today. A lady told me that I've won 48.000 Euros on a tombola - which I never participated - but I was smart not mentioning it :D

So she asked it I was happy and I've told her that my happiness depends on how much it'll cost me to get this winnings and she told me that it was free of charge.

There will be a security company and an advocat handing me over the dough in person.

I said ok, then go ahead.

She said, that I'll have to pay for the transportation only and I've told her that now that I am 48k richer, that should not be a problem but I've heard about bad people using that year-old trick to cheat people over the phone - but I was sure that she was not one of them.

Surprisingly the line was cut off then and I forgot to write down her name.

I hope that she calls again :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    You hope she calls back because thats the only Female Attention you have received in a while? :v :D
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I've just seen the Video where the Top Gear Folks have been speaking about a Mini Prototype where it was suggestet to have sausages in the glovebox, Clarkson suggessting "unconventional" markers and a satnav that leads only directly to Poland.

Knowing who the messager is - I find it hilarious and many people should do the same way.
    It's Clarkson - he's a d*ick but he's best by being one :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Only last night on bbc radio 4, a comedy show about the differences between
    Britain and the rest of the world. Two German comedians ( one was the very
    Funny Henning Wehn ) -{ and they too were making jokes about the war etc.
    I for one am happy to think we've moved on so much that we can make fun of each
    Other, without someone feeling insulted.
    Clarkson is a dick ( agreed) but he's a dick to everyone,he doesn't pick on any one
    Group. He's in the same mould as Prince Philip, always trying to be funny, but
    Usually just being embarrassing ( Her Majesty must spend ages, rolling her eyes,
    And " Face palming" on state visits) :))
    The OH has the eight Week Scan tomorrow -{
    The OH has the eight Week Scan tomorrow -{

best wishes to you both,hope all goes well,
    Cheers AS {[]