Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Agreed, as a long term fan and viewer of the show. It's Dead ! That's it. :#
    They can move all the deck chairs around all they want, They've already hit
    the Iceberg.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    edited March 2015
    I agree Clarkson is the heart of the show and it's hard to imagine Top Gear without him. At the same time it's difficult to believe the BBC will just give up one of the most succesfull programs the have. Also remember many people couldn't see the Bond series continuing without Connery back in the sixties. I think Clarkson (and perhaps the two other guys) will start a new car series with a different title on a competing channel. At the same time the BBC will try to continue Top Gear with someone like Jodie Kidd or Rowan Atkinson (and hopefully for the BBC, May and Hammod will stay on).
    I'm sure the BBC will try and save it ( it makes them a fortune) but the damage is done
    and as soon as the rival show " Changing Gear " ? With Clarkson and the lads starts....
    ...... Game Over ! ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Perhaps it will be Hammond and May who will decide the fate of Top Gear? If they stay on the show with a third person, Top Gear has a chance. if they follow Clarkson I doubt the BBC can save the show.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I'm very much under the impression that James May is going with Clarkson. He has been quite vocal in his support and feelings. Hammond, I'm not so sure about.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,605Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    I agree Clarkson is the heart of the show and it's hard to imagine Top Gear without him. At the same time it's difficult to believe the BBC will just give up one of the most succesfull programs the have. Also remember many people couldn't see the Bond series continuing without Connery back in the sixties. I think Clarkson (and perhaps the two other guys) will start a new car series with a different title on a competing channel. At the same time the BBC will try to continue Top Gear with someone like Jodie Kidd or Rowan Atkinson (and hopefully for the BBC, May and Hammod will stay on).

But Clarkson writes the shows...he IS Top Gear - like it or not...I can't see either May or Hammond staying...although both have had their own BBC programs...but they make their money with Clarkson...I'm not sure just how many of the 'back room' staff will stay either...
    Top Gear will have to evolve...but I think it will flounder...
    YNWA 97
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    All good Things must come to an End :(
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Top Gear's dead!! WOOP WOOP!!!

Hats off to Aunty, although morally they've done the right thing, the decision ain't half gonna cost them big time.

I look forward to the replacement, must admit it's a shame it's all ended this way but the three stooges should probably have bowed out graciously a while back.

May will be ok, he's done some pretty good shows on his own, Hammond will probably follow Clarkson to ITV or Sky.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I nominate Jodie :))

x infinity to the power of infinity.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

But Clarkson writes the shows...he IS Top Gear - like it or not...I can't see either May or Hammond staying...although both have had their own BBC programs...but they make their money with Clarkson...I'm not sure just how many of the 'back room' staff will stay either...

You are most likely right. But I would at least check out a re-booted Top Gear lead by Chris Evans, Rowan Atkinson and Jodie Kidd, perhaps with Sabine Schmitz as the secret Stig :)
    :)) My wife said get some sexy girl in some tight outfits, leaning over cars, and they'd
    Keep up the viewers ( in all sorts of ways ) ;) , She got annoyed when I pointed out that was incredibly Sexist, and worthy of Jeremy himself ! :))
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Bill Shankley,was Liverpool, the Busby babes were Man u, life will go on , but wether top gear will survive without the 3 amigos ,I doubt it. Clarkson is minted,so he and the other lads arnt exactly going to go hungary.Any TV station with an ounce of brain cells ,will no doubt,be consulting their legal teams to re-hash TOP GEAR into a new show , "LIFE IN THE FAST LANE" ,and no doubt will earn Billions from it.Whilst Aunty Beeb ,will start doing an impression of the Titanic ,this is what happens when you put upper class public school twits in charge , its all been done before ,from the railways to the post office ,another piece of GB PLC destroyed,(perhaps that's their game plan ,after all ,all the best Russian spies went to public school,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    minigeff wrote:
    I nominate Jodie :))

x infinity to the power of infinity.

100 % :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Number24 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

You are most likely right. But I would at least check out a re-booted Top Gear lead by Chris Evans, Rowan Atkinson and Jodie Kidd, perhaps with Sabine Schmitz as the secret Stig :)

Chris Evans has said he isn't interested...and if the other two give it a go then the format will change considerably...maybe not a bad thing for some people...but Aunty Beeb and the viewers are the losers here...
    YNWA 97
    Bill Shankley,was Liverpool, the Busby babes were Man u, life will go on , but wether top gear will survive without the 3 amigos ,I doubt it.

I agree with you...in the two instances you reference - they evolved...Top Gear will do the same, but I doubt for the better - from a cash viewpoint anyway....

May will definitely move with Clarkson, I think Hammond will too...and their bank balances will improve...
    YNWA 97
    I've always liked Mays own solo Shows. Big Ideas for example :)
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,142MI6 Agent
    I'm sure the BBC will try and save it ( it makes them a fortune) but the damage is done
    and as soon as the rival show " Changing Gear " ? With Clarkson and the lads starts....
    ...... Game Over ! ;)

+1 Changing Gear :D

I can see them now in a similar format (obviously not too similar due to copyright issues etc.), taking the p*** with the odd one-liner here and there about their previous misdemeanours and the Beeb. They would certainly get at least a couple of series out of it with high ratings.

Or they may just decide they've had enough? You can't reheat a soufflé..
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    But you can polish a T*RD. :))
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Bill Shankley,was Liverpool, the Busby babes were Man u, life will go on , but wether top gear will survive without the 3 amigos ,I doubt it.

I agree with you...in the two instances you reference - they evolved...Top Gear will do the same, but I doubt for the better - from a cash viewpoint anyway....

May will definitely move with Clarkson, I think Hammond will too...and their bank balances will improve...

When Clarkson leaves Top Gear will change anyway, there is no way to avoid that.

TP wife mentioned someone should sit on car bonnets. That's one job Jodie Kidd can do better than Clarkson, I think ...

jodie_kidd-1-L.jpg
    Agreed :D
    That's very,very,very,very,very,very Sexist ! ( have you any more photos ?) :))
    What if the Misses sees? :))
    She suggested it. :D
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

People seem to be forgetting that Top Gear has been around for a very long time in many incarnations and with many presenters ... William Woollard, Noel Edmunds, Angela Ripon, Vicky Butler Hendeson, Tiff Needell, Quentin Wilson ....

It's just that this particular set of presenters have been extraordinarily successful.

Jeremy Clarkson does seem to be the presenter most associated with TG though and is by far the most recognised.

He did leave Top Gear briefly for a couple of years and TG folded for a while ... Think that was when Channel 5's Fith Gear appeared with the remaining presenters ... Tiff and VBH ...

Clarkson is definitely a lynchpin.

( Just been reading an article on the wealth of James May and Hammond ... Don't think any one of them are going to a food bank anytime soon ... )
    Also apart from Top Gear, they all have paper columns and other programmes.
    So Yes, they're probably down to their last couple of million. Or I whish I had
    Their problems. :D
    That's very,very,very,very,very,very Sexist ! ( have you any more photos ?) :))

If you want photographic evience for Jodie Kidd's love of cars, just search JODIE KIDD + CAR on Google images. :D
    Oh!, how dare you sir, as if I'd .....

... What was that address again . :v :))
    You must spend a lot of Time looking up Pictures of her with Cars :D
    :))

The Music in the Background just complements it.