Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I was looking for the one of a girl on a photo shoot, who keeps slipping
    Off the bonnet of the car as it so polished, but I can't find it. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    For 'Research' ? ;)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    It's very funny. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,602Chief of Staff
    Lady Rose wrote:
    People seem to be forgetting that Top Gear has been around for a very long time in many incarnations and with many presenters ... William Woollard, Noel Edmunds, Angela Ripon, Vicky Butler Hendeson, Tiff Needell, Quentin Wilson ....

It's just that this particular set of presenters have been extraordinarily successful.

Jeremy Clarkson does seem to be the presenter most associated with TG though and is by far the most recognised.

He did leave Top Gear briefly for a couple of years and TG folded for a while ... Think that was when Channel 5's Fith Gear appeared with the remaining presenters ... Tiff and VBH ...

Clarkson is definitely a lynchpin.

( Just been reading an article on the wealth of James May and Hammond ... Don't think any one of them are going to a food bank anytime soon ... )

And if you can remember that far back then you may even remember is was an informative car show once ! That actually did proper reviews and everything :))

I much prefer this incarnation though :D
    YNWA 97
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    And if you can remember that far back then you may even remember is was an informative car show once ! That actually did proper reviews and everything :))

I much prefer this incarnation though :D

:)) :))

So do I but to be fair I did enjoy TG with Tiff, Quentin et al ...
    OH Lord ...

Not only have I lost Top Gear but its just been announced Downton is to finish after this series ... last episode will be Christmas 2015

I'm going to get rid of my TV at this rate!!
    There best Challenge was turning the Car into a Rocket -{
    Don't forget the Teenager Challenges.
    The driving through the Jungle in S America was very good. Those narrow hillside roads
    with huge drops, with the car wheels running along the edge at times. -{
    The Japan Episode was rather good -{
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    DB9 vs Train = perfect top gear episode.

The plastic pig feature had me literally in tears of laughter, I thought I was gonna throw up.

England TG vs Germany TG was brilliant.

It just seemed like the challenges were more and more staged and scripted, the specials were pretty boring (imagine how bland the Argie trip would have been without the mob ending) and in many ways the guys just ran out of steam.

For the main part it was a good car programme, I just think they should have called time a while back.

V8 Beef blender was funny though :))
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Now I don't know the full story on this, as my wife told me she heard this
    On RTE radio.
    Today in Dublin for charity a sale of various bits of memorabilia is taking place
    One Item is the first Dr No poster for Ireland. Apparently it was considered far
    To sexual for Ireland, so had extra bits painted on to the chest area, in case
    anything could be seen. They also said something about a poster of Ursula in
    Connery's shirt, which was also considered far too short to an artist added a
    Few inches to its length to hide more of her legs.
    As in the 60s women in Ireland didn't have legs ! :))
    As I said I got this second hand from my wife, so I can't say how accurate it is, it
    May not even be Dr No, as her knowledge of Bond films is somewhat limited ( as
    Is my own) :))
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Now I don't know the full story on this, as my wife told me she heard this
    On RTE radio.
    Today in Dublin for charity a sale of various bits of memorabilia is taking place
    One Item is the first Dr No poster for Ireland. Apparently it was considered far
    To sexual for Ireland, so had extra bits painted on to the chest area, in case
    anything could be seen. They also said something about a poster of Ursula in
    Connery's shirt, which was also considered far too short to an artist added a
    Few inches to its length to hide more of her legs.
    As in the 60s women in Ireland didn't have legs ! :))
    As I said I got this second hand from my wife, so I can't say how accurate it is, it
    May not even be Dr No, as her knowledge of Bond films is somewhat limited ( as
    Is my own) :))

This is what Mrs TP is on about -{
    http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/bond-girl-s-bikini-was-hidden-from-irish-eyes-in-movie-poster-for-dr-no-1.1701987

It is also interesting to note that Spain and Italy doctored Bond posters even up to Moonraker
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    The American FYEO Poster had a Pair of Shorts added onto the Model.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    England beat Lithuania 4-0 ,Brazil says now we are really scarred, :D (Millwall could beat Lithuania) :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    All UK members of AJB, please don't forget that:

HERO---CLOCKS-GO-FORWARD---March2015_BannerOBC.png.875x246_q85_crop-smart.png

...by ONE HOUR @ 1AM!

BRITISH SUMMER TIME BEGINS!
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    What Summer? :))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    What Summer? :))

Ah, but it is only the beginning... :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

BRITISH SUMMER TIME BEGINS!

British Summer Time NEVER begins .... :#
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,602Chief of Staff
    Lady Rose wrote:

Just read that on the BBC website...it appears someone is mischief making...Sir Roger is not a racist, to even suggest so is ludicrous !
    YNWA 97
    I agree. It's not Moore's Style to be Racist.
    I think it's a massive misquote, has to be, I can't believe Roger is a racist.
    As AOS points out it's not his style.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I didn't want to start a new thread ,called WHAT YOU GOING TO WEAR ,a friend of mine said ,Dave wot you going to wear ,when you go to see Spectre at the cinema .Well the film comes out in November ,it will be cold, so rules out me Sunspel/white jeans ,
    if I wear my pea coat or my Barbour, some eagle eyed scout ,in the crowd ,could spot a fellow Bond agent :) .Nearly all of my clothes are Bond related, ive even got a very similar 8 button DB over coat,,and a grey cashmere roll neck ,(had them both for years . So what will you wear ?? 8-)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    For me, I like my comfort, so jeans and a shirt, although I'll be
    Wearing my 007 cufflinks ( I got them with the aftershave ) ;)
    I'll wear whatever is handiest - I'm not fussy with my clothes! :))
    Since I've been Skateboarding for most of my Life, I wear Skateboarding Brands -{
    Same here only with S&M clothing. ;)
  • hot crossed bondhot crossed bond at the barPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    most people on this site bludgeon Bond to death! you spend every free moment here making lists of lists about list! it was a lot more fun around the time when CR was being made...yes I have been here before. let me give you a hand...00SINN reporting for duty...I finished most posts with, til then a martini or 6!
    I'm motivated by my duty