Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/motoring/motoring-features/family-stunned-to-discover-that-the-bentley-in-their-barn-is-worth-300000-11363984175243

Classic Bentley found in Barn !
    The seriously desirable Bentley 4½-litre was built in 1929 and, six years later, bought by the grandfather of the current owner.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Talk about good Luck :D
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Result guys , we have SKYFALL on ITV2 tonight, :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I see ITV did their usual cuts ....
    No Bond slamming the girl against the wall in passion or
    Cutting the bullet fragments from his shoulder. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I've just driven passed the M16 building in Vauxhall .... You'll be pleased to know it's all repaired and looking marvellous :))
    Theres a Tv show on Monday 8th June, on the BEEB 9pm, called MET , its a fly on the wall documentary ,about well, THE MET, (London Metropolitan police ) for the benefit of non Brits :D .My son was one of the officers being filmed ,and he hopes he hasn't ended up on the cutting room floor 8-) .So that night we will be armed with Coke zeros M@Ms popcorn ect ,but no doubt he wont be in it :#
    Does he get to say .... " You're nicked, you Slag!". :)) or have the all those
    Police dramas been lying to me. :D
    Theres a Tv show on Monday 8th June, on the BEEB 9pm, called MET , its a fly on the wall documentary ,about well, THE MET, (London Metropolitan police ) for the benefit of non Brits :D .My son was one of the officers being filmed ,and he hopes he hasn't ended up on the cutting room floor 8-) .So that night we will be armed with Coke zeros M@Ms popcorn ect ,but no doubt he wont be in it :#

Yes. Hubby and I are planning to watch it too, then we can spend the whole programme saying 'I wouldn't have done that', 'can't believe they did that' , 'wouldn't have happened in my day' :))
    Given the experience of some AJBers, is or has there ever been a Police drama,
    which obviously not 100% authentic, is fairly true to life ? Or are they all just
    Flash cars and chases. :))
    When 'The Bill' first started out it was probably the nearest but even that took liberties. I suppose it's not very entertaining to see PC's sitting in a room doing a load of writing :))

The Bill was initially filmed where I worked and they did use us a lot for consultations. They would phone the control room to ask questions occasionally.

The Bill then really lost it way. Everyone was getting killed left right and centre or corrupt. They never used any outside units for anything. They where all skilled in firearms and riots etc etc

Other than that most of them are way off the mark .... They have to go for drama to make it interesting.
    I remember a former mi5 officer commenting on Spooks ( which I loved)
    That it was far removed from the "real" work they do. Not as much running
    around London having shoot outs and car chases as many of us civilians
    would think. :))
    Yeah .... Its not good TV watching people waiting an hour for a vehicle recovery or a boarding up service to arrive :))
    There was a series on Sky, " A touch of cloth" ( very like a British Naked Gun)
    Which took the piss out of all those heavy, dark Police dramas. It's very funny
    and well worth a watch if anyone gets the chance. It has every Cliché and
    Character from every Police show ever made. -{
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Yeah .... Its not good TV watching people waiting an hour for a vehicle recovery or a boarding up service to arrive :))

been there done that got the tee shirt :D
    I had to hold a school girl once ,(n0 comments please TP ) :D she had been run over ,and she died in my arms as I told the biggest lie in the world ,"that she would be ok " my names Dave ,as in Dave Starsky , don't worry you will be ok I promise , I was smothered in her blood , and I felt totally useless .Sometimes on my day off ,something would set me off ,a song ,a word ,and I would just sit there and cry (im crying now) Now the TV shows don't show that .but some poor bastard has to pick up the pieces .
    Lady Rose wrote:

been there done that got the tee shirt :D
    I had to hold a school girl once ,(n0 comments please TP ) :D she had been run over ,and she died in my arms as I told the biggest lie in the world ,"that she would be ok " my names Dave ,as in Dave Starsky , don't worry you will be ok I promise , I was smothered in her blood , and I felt totally useless .Sometimes on my day off ,something would set me off ,a song ,a word ,and I would just sit there and cry (im crying now) Now the TV shows don't show that .but some poor bastard has to pick up the pieces .

No, they don't AS. Some stuff stays with you forever.
    It must have been an awful Experience :(
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    It must have been an awful Experience :(

Yes mate ,not the best ,but im sure Staggy and lady rose have suffered in their own way ,as I said
    that some poor bastard picking up the pieces was me ,it was all of us every day ,but no goes to their skipper/guvnor and says
    ooh sir im very sad today ,a little girl was killed yesterday . 8-)
    You can always PM me as well AS :)
    Thanks guys ,
    its not like I crack up every day :)) its just as I typed out that story it just re-kindles the old flame of what happened that day
    but seriously ,if you read all my threads /replies ,you know im a perfectly normal member of society :))
    .... but seriously ,if you read all my threads /replies ,you know im a perfectly normal member of society :))

Define normal AS :))
    :))
    There's Normal for Society and then there's normal for AJB ! :p
    Would anyone know if Blackleiter is on holiday, as he's been very
    Quiet lately. I hope his absence is for good, not bad reasons. -{
    I've been wondering where he is as well. I hope he's alright.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I hope he's in London filming scenes for Spectre and when he's revealed to the world and becomes a massive star we'll all be able to say "We knew him when..." :D
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,330Chief of Staff
    I hope so too!
    Just watching the news on the Beeb, a young girl of 17 ,who was injured at Alton towers,last week ,has had to have her leg amputated , My god, that poor girl , your heart has to go out to her ,
    Yes, shocking news. Especially when ( Like many, many others) My wife's neice was on the same
    rollercoaster only a couple of months ago.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

I've heard that he's on a Timboy convention somewhere together with Chrisall, Sir Miles and others :D

Seriously hope that he's doing allright - we may be meeting soon in NYC.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:

Seriously hope that he's doing allright - we may be meeting soon in NYC.

That explains why he's gone missing then ! :p

I hope he's ok too -{
    YNWA 97