Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I'm a big fan of Bob Monkhouse, I regarded him as Britain's Bob Hope. -{
    IMHO, Jimmy Carr has adopted/ modernised his act. ;)
    Don't worry when I lose it, I'm taking others with me ! :p

Bob Hope was actually English...born in London and moved to America when he was about 5 or 6 years old. Bob Monkhouse on the other hand, was actually born in the cloistered abode of a friar.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I did know that fact TDE, ( I know my comedians) but as he lived in America so long
    ( he became a US citizen at 17) so he was more American than English, in many ways
    the same happened to Cary Grant ( English) and Errol Flynn ( Tasmanian ) etc.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I did know that fact TDE, ( I know my comedians) but as he lived in America so long
    ( he became a US citizen at 17) so he was more American than English, in many ways
    the same happened to Cary Grant ( English) and Errol Flynn ( Tasmanian ) etc.

My favourite comedian Stan Laurel was from Lancashire a Brit too ,and of course not forgetting our very own Elephant boy
    Charlie Chaplin (from the elephant and castle for all you non Londoners ) By the way Bob hope is from Eltham ,not too far from me
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    http://www.celebzen.co.uk/7-celebrity-shockers-were-british/
    Celebrities who are British ( not American) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Slow news day in the papers, I guess.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/james-bond-rumours-damian-lewis-tipped-to-replace-daniel-craig-10322276.html
    One of the latest " Who will replace Daniel as Bond" rumours
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I've heard that the Bookies are placing High Odds on Lewis as the next bond
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Damian Lewis is too old (born the same year I was :# ) and will be around 50 when the New Bond is cast. In other respects he's a pretty good canidate.
    I think, it will be another relatively unknown. Who we'll all have to
    Google to find out who he is. :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff
    Slow news day in the papers, I guess.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/james-bond-rumours-damian-lewis-tipped-to-replace-daniel-craig-10322276.html
    One of the latest " Who will replace Daniel as Bond" rumours

Lexi forwarded this 'news' to me yesterday...totally bunkum.... -{
    YNWA 97
    I think many times papers just pick names out of a hat to see the reaction. ;)
    I think many times papers just pick names out of a hat to see the reaction. ;)

Probably not too far from the truth...it's usually 'flavour of the month' actors or actors that have been asked if they like Bond in an interview - they answer 'yes' and then they print a story to suit this angle :#
    YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    What happened to the rumour that Idris Elba was to be the next Bond? 8-)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    :)) oh I think he's still #1, according to the papers. ;)
    It will probably never happen though.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I believe that the easiest way to eliminate some media-touted candidates is simply by their age. I don't see Eon hiring anyone for less than 3 films which works out to be roughly 8-10 years from the moment they're are announced to the moment the final film opens. Therefore, I just can't see anyone being hired as Bond if they're 45+ years old, and realistically, I think they'd have to be younger than that. That's assuming that the role continues down an active, adventure-packed, physical path, which I think it always will. As long as the age issue hangs over their heads, there's no need to even advance the conversation to hair colour, skin colour, suitability etc etc in my opinion.
    ..... So long as he's not American! But I think that's a given. :p ;)
    ..... So long as he's not American! But I think that's a given. :p ;)

With the exception of Meryl Streep!
    Yes, America's answer to Helen Mirren. ;)
    Any truth to the rumour that Helen Mirren has been cast to replace Sacha Baron Cohen in the lead role of the upcoming film on Freddie Mercury? :)
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    The BBC has announced that Chris Evans has signed a three year deal to replace Jeremy Clarkson as lead presenter of Top Gear. Richard Hammond and James May will not be returning.

Chris Evans to be new Top Gear presenter
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33158464
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    Jodie Kidd has said that she's still up for it.
    Sadly, that's me Not watching Top Gear. :# I can't stand Chris Evans.
    Hope the other three get a new format together soon. {[]
    Am I the only one who thinks that TFI Friday belongs in the Past?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Was it not a one off? It didnt get shown down here

Reminds me of my college days
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I think it's a full Series.

Yes you are -{
    YNWA 97
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Was it not a one off? It didnt get shown down here

Reminds me of my college days
    I think it's a full Series.

Nope...just a one-off 19 year anniversary special -{

Would love a full series though -{
    YNWA 97
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yes you are -{

No you're not ;)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3129230/Evans-hold-Top-Gear-auditions.html
    Chris Evans to hold video clip auditions for a new presenter. I guess he's been
    Talking to that other young presenter Simon Cowell. :)) Exciting new ideas ? :#
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Sadly, that's me Not watching Top Gear. :# I can't stand Chris Evans.
    Hope the other three get a new format together soon. {[]

Same here TP ,I wont be watching it ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?