Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    Democrats have the same kind of benefactors, dollar-wise, but with merely opposite philosophy; don't kid yourself. Hello, George Soros.

Yep, but Republicans still deny Climate change "because they don't believe in it" (sponsored by their buddies from the Oil Industry), they started senseless 2 wars by lying to the public and misleading the UN just because Blackwater wanted the money, they've destroyed the influence of the UN.

Remember the Ebola drama that they've pushed just to get the Congress majority. The day the elections have been over, the topic was dead.

Republicans keep on scaring the US people just for their own financial interests and just for these and the NRI follows exactly the same plan.

Outside of the US, every party with such a horrible record in the last 2 decades would not have the glimpse of a chance to get re-elected and they can only succeed with the support of their media and with the money of some really creepy guys.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,890MI6 Agent
    I believe the problem of money having to much power in politics is about equal in the Republican and Democratic parties, and I think it's a big problem. I suspect the problem exist in all democratic countries to a certain degree. In Norway there is a lot of public funding (surprise! :)) ) but there is outside funding too. The Labour party get money from the unions, the Christian People's Party get money from christian communities, the Centerist Agrarian Party get money from the farmer's union, the Conservatives get some money from private companies and their organisations etc.
    The problem is less severe because political TV ads are not allowed, and that's were the big money is spent in election campaigns. I don't think that's a workable solution in all countries. There should be some cap on how much money can be spent on a campaign, but that's a democratic problem too.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    In Scotland a libDem MP has been found guilty of lying ........ but not
    Enough to lose his seat. :)) So the courts have established ( in my
    thinking ) that Politicians tell lies, it's part of the job. The only thing
    In dispute is the amount of lying allowed. :D

On the meeting of world leaders to cut co2 gases. One comedian said
    The best way to cut it. Would be to get VW's emmision team to do the
    Measurements. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Number24 wrote:
    The problem is less severe because political TV ads are not allowed,

Wait until someone comes up with the idea of having his own tv channel (a la Murdoch/Fox)!

On the meeting of world leaders to cut co2 gases. One comedian said
    The best way to cut it. Would be to get VW's emmision team to do the
    Measurements. ;)

:)) :)) :))

And VW is keeping on telling us that all can be solved by replacing an EUR 15,-- part and a software update.

And this after hundreds of VW engineers could not match the emmission standards and manipulated the software as a last alternative!
    Who believes it has no problems accepting Santa's existence, too :D

Fox news is the best, they way they called the first George W Bush
    Election, before the vote was even in. Was amazing ! ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,338MI6 Agent
    Just want to say, the speculation on some other Bond sites that the British agent sat in a room with Shaker Aamer at Guantanemo Bay while he was getting taken apart was none other than James Bond is surely wide of the mark. That said, the fact that the agent grabbed poor Shaker by his lapels and said, in a Scottish burr, 'One Chance. Where do I find bin Laden?' do not look good for our man.

Or that when Shaker replied 'Do you expect me to talk?' the response was 'You b&shterd, thatsh supposhed to be my line!'
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    for inspirational purposes:
    what are you getting your mother for X-mas?
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    this is very random 8-) I was in Waterstones today and I saw this book for sale 8-)
    Norwegian wood chopping the Scandinavian way for chopping stacking and drying wood ,by Lars Myttal (I think)
    I just hope Santa has that in his sack for me :))
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    this is very random 8-) I was in Waterstones today and I saw this book for sale 8-)
    Norwegian wood chopping the Scandinavian way for chopping stacking and drying wood ,by Lars Myttal (I think)

Isn't Lars Myttal the pen-name of Number24?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,062MI6 Agent
    Got my grubby mitts on a BD of Rogue Nation! Ha!!!
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent

Isn't Lars Myttal the pen-name of Number24?
    strangely he was the first name to cross my mind when I picked up the book :))
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    That's the traditional way, his latest book is " Chainsaws, the hipster way: How to
    remain trendy in all wood cutting situations " :D
    Isn't it true that hipsters were grooming their beards with chainsaws even before chainsaws had been invented?
    I still do it that way." Sometimes the old ways are the best" ;)
    Infact the chainsaw was invented for Male grooming, it was only by chance
    a lumber jack, while trimming his chin garden, droped it on his fire wood, and
    hey presto. History was made.
    I still do it that way." Sometimes the old ways are the best" ;)
    Infact the chainsaw was invented for Male grooming, it was only by chance
    a lumber jack, while trimming his chin garden, droped it on his fire wood, and
    hey presto. History was made.

Number24 again, I suppose?
    :D He does get around, he has a great pamphlet called...
    "Scything for fun and recreation, Your complete guide to
    the many different styles and forms of this unique Tool" ;)

I think it's partly autobiographical :))
    ( I'm so sorry for the leg pulling N24)
    :D He does get around, he has a great pamphlet called...
    "Scything for fun and recreation, Your complete guide to
    the many different styles and forms of this unique Tool" ;)

I think it's partly autobiographical :))
    ( I'm so sorry for the leg pulling N24)

You have a very realistic and accurate image of me ....
    Yesterday, an elderly couple went to a restaurant in Zapendorf/Bavaria and where surprised that the owners refused to give them a bill at the end.

Turned out, that the restaurant is now a refugee home and they spontanuously served them with food and drinks.
    The 68yo lady said, that the young man who took their orders, was so kind so that one has to support those inkeepers.

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/gesellschaft/bayern-paar-haelt-fluechtlingsheim-fuer-lokal-und-wird-bedient-a-1068483.html

• GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,302MI6 Agent
    Leone's FAF$M 50th anniversary {[] -{
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Still haven't decided what i want for christmas!
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    As the comedian Sean Lock said when asked what he wanted for Christmas ....
    " World peace, or failing that. Some socks" :D
    World peace? World domination! {:)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    World peace? World domination! {:)

"The same old dream!" :))

I'd probably ask for some Bond dvds.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    not bad either :)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,722MI6 Agent
    "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!" :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Yesterday I bought my first cordless hand drill -{ To fix a wobbly security bolt on the back door.
    I felt like a DIY God after having successfully fixed the problem .Now I'm thinking of getting a tool
    belt, or Holster for the new drill. As I like to think of it. :D
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,722MI6 Agent
    Yesterday I bought my first cordless hand drill -{ To fix a wobbly security bolt on the back door.
    I felt like a DIY God after having successfully fixed the problem .Now I'm thinking of getting a tool
    belt, or Holster for the new drill. As I like to think of it. :D

"I wonder who got the power pack?"

Alan Partridge - Funny story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNwvzlo1ePA
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    People from the US embassy in Oslo volunteered to taste samples of typical Norwegian Christmas cusine. Needles to say they loved everything! :D (especially the smalahove ..)

http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/122721/her-tester-amerikanerne-norsk-julemat