Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) as do many.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    So I just heard that Donald Trump's real name is Drumpf and that his grandparents were German immigrants. Funny, I always thought it was Dumkopf!
    *Dummkopf

you got to acknowledge that hair-helmet though :))
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,701MI6 Agent
    Well he's always beating a drum for something! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    does anybody think he has a chance of making it? it seems he's got quite some popularity?!
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    The wall he's going to build across the width of the Mexican borde , will look
    amazing, and will create loads of jobs............ for the people smugglers , who'll
    have to strengthen the tunnels running underneath. :D Although it will also be
    great for Movies as a stand in for the old Berlin Wall. ;) which was another great
    forward thinking idea and a great success.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,838MI6 Agent
    Well, Hillary Clinton probably prays every night for Trump to win :))

Seriously, I used to think he was without a chance. Now I'm not so sure.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    I haven't checked in a couple of months, but the last time I did the 'undecided' amongst Republicans was well over 50% which would mean that Trump has actually got half the support that the quoted numbers suggest. Hopefully that's still the case. Others have pointed that the leaders of the Republican party - ie: veteran politicians, fundraisers, policymakers, Wall Street etc - overwhelmingly don't support Trump. They're waiting for someone to emerge from the pack (likely not Cruz) and then they'll throw their combined support behind that person. It doesn't mean Trump couldn't win the Republican nod, but it does mean he's still got a very long way to go even though poll numbers suggest he's currently way ahead of any other Republican candidates. Even if he gets the Republican nod, I still don't think he would beat Hilary. I still don't believe he has a chance of being president...fingers crossed!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Yes, I read about this. Radical islam is no doubt a severe threath - most of all to the moderate majority of muslims. Some European countries, especially France and Sweden, has let in very large groups of immigrants without debating or planning this enough. This is partly a result of exagerated political correctness. I understand the US lets in a relatively small number of refugeees from muslim countries, and only after a lot more vetting than most European countries. I think muslim refugees are a relatively small threath to the US, and far from enough reason to abondon the constitution and the best American values.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    edited December 2015
    Boxcutters are a relatively small threat as well...until they are used very specifically. The same can be said of refugees.

And the Constitution and American values include the 2nd Amendment, so the same logic can be applied to both immigration/refugee harbor and gun ownership. It's an interesting paradox.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    One of the last shootings in the US was by a radicalised christian, shooting several
    people in a Family planning centre ?
    Many people have pointed out that sadly the German "open door" policy, would cause
    problems. Not just for them but the whole of Europe.
    Trump's idea, is basically using a sledge hammer to crack a walnut. For me I think the
    intelligence services should have more money, and if needed. Ringleaders etc, could
    meet with a car accident, or fall infront of a bus, or horribly accidently stab themselves
    to death while sleeping.
    Not a "carte blanche" as some evidence would need to be shown, perhaps to a government
    panel. To help prove the suspect is up to no good. Although pressure needs to be applied
    to those countries that support and fund them, even America's favourite Saudi Arabia, which
    seems to be a breeding ground for terrorists and has funded many groups.
    Yes, there is no doubt a danger in letting in refugees. Most are good people, but we saw in Paris that it only takes a handfull.
    I just find it amazing just how many people in the world, either
    Through politics or religion. Can be brain washed into believing
    any old rubbish. From Scientology ( we're all spirits of long dead
    aliens) to the Mad form of death cult that is ISIS.
    While the rest of us ( let's say 95%) of the world's population, can
    With a few arguments and skirmishes can get along :#
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Last night ,or to be more precise ,very early this morning,i had to go and pick up the girl from her firms Christmas do,(I know me old mate TP runs a rather good dads taxi so he will understand :)) ) but any way it was by Smithfield meat market (London) So I drove past the entrance to the new MI6 Skyfall HQ, then over the Thames (Spectre) down to Deptford ,past the Aston lock up in Skyfall,then past the Naval college in Greenwich ,(coffin scene in Skyfall) picked up the A2 Kent bound (Goldfinger) had aglance over my shoulder at the O2 Dome (TWINE) then off home ,drove past Dorothy Squires mansion (its in the next road to mine) :p Roger Moore used to be her ,shall we say companion years ago ,and was reputed to have sort of lived there ? so local folk lore says.
    And then into bed at last .So what started out as a pain in the backside task ,ended up as a rather good Bond night :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    :)) You should start a tour ;)
    :)) I was originaly going to cross the Thames by Canary Wharf (again Skyfall) but the Lime house link was closed ,so had to turn the BM round and shoot back to Tower Bridge , but did think to my self why the LHL was shut ,well its the best time to close it a man said as no one is using it ?? ,but according the BOJO ,London is a 24 hour city ,hence the on-going tube problem . the phrase make your bloody minds up springs to mind ,
    I will ask for one for Christmas :))
    That would be fun, get someone to spin it 360 degrees, to give us the thrill
    of the spiral car jump too. ;)
    I just find it amazing just how many people in the world, either
    Through politics or religion. Can be brain washed into believing
    any old rubbish. From Scientology ( we're all spirits of long dead
    aliens) to the Mad form of death cult that is ISIS.
    While the rest of us ( let's say 95%) of the world's population, can
    With a few arguments and skirmishes can get along :#

+ 1
    I would like to congratualate the Tunisian Dialougue Quartet on their Nobel Peace Prizes today. Some good people from the labour unions, businness, civil rights organisations and lawyers who decided to work together, and not squander away the Arab spring.
    So many other Arab nations squandered away their oportunity and let their countries in the hands of corrupt dictators, generals or religious extremists. I hope the people in other parts of the region emulate the Tunisians . :)
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/87cb3c4e-9f55-11e5-beba-5e33e2b79e46.html
    The Great Donald Trump, has accused Nicola Sturgeon of failing to appreciate his greatness, after the Scottish government dropped the US presidential candidate as a business ambassador.
    Don't worry Donald, I appreciate you, you're always good for a quote ! ;%
    Yes .... hair. This is civil war general Ambrose Burnside, the man behind the expression "sideburns" -{

MTE1ODA0OTcxNTcxNzc0OTg5.jpg
    With great moustache comes great responsibility ! ;)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,701MI6 Agent
    He looks like Sir Hugo Drax a bit! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    It's terrible when you set up a photo, and they turn round when
    they see a mate. :D
    That's the face of a man who orders men to charge the cannons and expect to be obeyed :D
    ..... but keeping well away from the cannons himself. :))
    edited December 2015
    Poppycock! He knows no-one would dare shoot at a man such as himself :007)
    To quote a famous general ....

"Don't be stupid man, they couldn't hit an elephant, from this dis......... " :D
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    Did you see Trump's Tweet yesterday when he wasn't named Time Magazine's person of the year? He said something like "...I told you they would never pick me as person of the year despite being the big favorite. They picked the person who is ruining Germany." Hmmm, a couple of weeks ago I saw Trump saying that Merkel was the greatest leader in the world. So did Merkel do something in the past few weeks to change his mind or is Trump just having a hissy-fit because she beat him to an award?