Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think Trump is " Confused " ...... most of the time. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,062MI6 Agent
    If elected POTUS Trump will enact his final solution to the Muslim problem and become the hero of the Fatherland. 8-)
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    has anybody here got the Goldfinger Portfolio?
    I've read that it features two never before seen-scenes and wonder what they show?
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,764Chief of Staff
    has anybody here got the Goldfinger Portfolio?
    I've read that it features two never before seen-scenes and wonder what they show?

Try asking in the thread in the Collecting forum - in this thread -{
    YNWA 97
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    For those who prefer their Gun-Crazy American news served with a twist of irony:

http://tpo.net/anti_gun_senator/
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    America is obviously a complex country. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    America is obviously a complex country. :D

Mmm hmm -{
    As stated in the article, " Hypocrisy " does spring to mind,
    He should have sat down, talked to the intruder. Perhaps
    given him a hug, told him it wasn't his fault. It's societies,
    fault. We're all victims. ;)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,877MI6 Agent
    I did laugh at the irony, but then I started asking myself: was he pro-ban or just pro tighter laws? If he wants a ban on guns it's hypocritical of him to own one. But if he just wants to thighten up the Laws, I don't see the problem. Example: If he wanted a ban on assault rifles in civilian hands and he owned a handgun, there is no irony.

Anyway, the US is complex and that's what makes it facinating.
    Ah, the article's premise seems to be wrong. Not just according to me, but accoarding to the NRA: :))

However, commentaries on the shooting (like the one reproduced above) which portrayed Senator Soles as a hypocritical, virulently anti-gun legislator "who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public" are not supported by the evidence. According to Project VoteSmart, the National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF), the NRA political action committee that ranks political candidates based on voting records, public statements and their responses to NRA-PVF questionnaires, had assigned the following grades to Senator Soles over the previous decade:
    • 1998 - B
    • 2000 - B+
    • 2002 - B+
    • 2004 - A
    • 2006 - A
    •2008 - A
    As well, Grass Roots North Carolina (GRNC), an "organization dedicated to preserving individual rights, particularly your right to keep and bear arms" said of the criticisms of Senator Soles:
    An alert from a national organization not up to speed on local North Carolina political issues condemning Senator R.C. SOLES over the recent shooting at his home has been circulating recently. Part of a fund raising alert from the National Association for Gun Rights (NAGR) calls Soles "the most virulent anti-Second Amendment activist in the state" and the "most vociferous anti-gun zealot in North Carolina."

As much fun as it is to catch anti-gun politicians in their own hypocrisy, this is not such a case. In the interest of fair play and truth, GRNC is compelled to point out that while not excellent, R.C. Soles is not a "virulent anti-Second Amendment activist" nor a "vociferous anti-gun zealot." [T]he charges are simply not true — he is mediocre at worst and has voted with us on most major issues.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/soles.asp
    My biggest American related shock lately was that Arnie's a Vegan ! :o
    ( Unless I misheard, the report)
    I thought with the size of him, Arnie would be chomping through a cow a
    Week. :D
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    My biggest American related shock lately was that Arnie's a Vegan ! :o
    ( Unless I misheard, the report)
    I thought with the size of him, Arnie would be chomping through a cow a
    Week. :D

Assuming you misheard, the alternatives could be:

A virgin: Unlikely due to the children with his wife and the one with the nanny.
    A Viennese: Close, but no cigar (which he likes).
    A vegetable: no comment.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    really nerve-wrecking, all these people who sign up only to sell something :s
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    It can be annoying, especially given the level of friendship and generosity
    Show by many AJBers.
    This afternoon my father and I guided a small group of visitors in the local museum. Among them were a woman from New york and her husban who was a Coptic christian from Egypt. A tip from him: "When you meet an Egyptian, ask him his religion. If he is Christian - don't cal him an Arab! We are not Arabs, but decendants of the ancient Egyptians." After he left I was told he had been Aristoteles and Jackie (former Kennedy) Onassis' cook. When they split, he started as Princess Margaret's cook. It was a very interesting vist.
    I'll say!
    I must say i-m impressed, even shocked, to see they managed to agree on an ambitious agreement on the climath in Paris. Really didn't think they had it in them. I'm not naive enough to belive everyone will follow the agreement, but I do think we'll see real Progress. if most countries didn't have any intention of folllwing the agreement, they wouldn't have signed it. There would simply be to much political risk in it, since it will give political oponents a good way to attack them. Or to paraffrase the viking sagas: "They have put them self in a convenient place to get cut Down."
    My American leaders whom I trust because I'm a typical American dope tell me there IS no such a thing as climate change. :s
    You are of course right in trusting them and not more than 97% of the world's climate scientists :D
    Climate change, is a lifestyle choice. ;)
    Climate change, is a lifestyle choice. ;)
    :)) Biggest LOL of the day! Thanks man! :D {[]
    Interesting interview with Dick Cheney:
    ROLLING STONED: So what's your favorite movie?
    DICK CHENEY: The Spy who Loved Me.
    RS: Really! Why?
    DC: Because when I saw it, I realized that Bond was not the hero of that piece; Stromberg was.
    RS: Seriously?
    DC: Yes. Stromberg merely wanted world order by way of ridding the planet of the weak and useless. The underwater angle was clearly a science fiction trope, but his ultimate goal was entirely sound.
    RS: And what- you found that 'inspiring' in some way?
    DC: It has become my life's work.
    RS: How so?
    DC: What do you think the creation of the Islamic State is for if not to wipe out the useless? Or did you think the Iraq war was just a misguided attempt to alleviate American angst over 9-11?
    RS: Are you saying that you used the events of 9-11 to further your goals of world domination, like Stromberg would have in real life?
    DC: That would be telling.
    RS: We want information!
    DC: This here is my friend. I like to call him 'Jaws'.
    *interview ends*

:o
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,300MI6 Agent
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYmfr0VSKlI

So much forged "signed" pictures , might not be fancy but I feel a lot more secure re : authenticity :007)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Did any one see the front page of the Evening standard this week ,there was a picture of this georgous blond fire arms cop ,carrying a amazing new weapon ,I couldn't help think of ASP9MM salivating over the picture :D (I was) :))
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Only heard today that far from being a guy who came from nowhere to become rich.
    Donald Trump inherited most of his money, and infact if he'd done nothing but leave
    it in the bank, he'd be worth more today ! :D
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    On the topic of Trump, I've read an interesting article recently.

After the candidate nomination for the republican party, one of the first actions from the new candidate is a trip to Las Vegas, Venetian Hotel to meetup with Sands owner Sheldon Adelson
    image-921040-galleryV9-tlkh-921040.jpg

who then hands over his campaign cheque and the candidate receives his "wishes".

This has been the case with all recent republican candidates and Adelson is ready to invest 100 million for the 2016 campaign.

His "colleagues", Koch Brothers
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koch_family

http://www.kochwatch.org/2015/10/12/what-do-the-koch-brothers-want/

koch-bros.jpg

are ready to give 900 million for the recent candidate.

Problem for them is that Trump won't need their money for his rallye and so is relatively independent.
    And that's in my opinion the key factor, why Trump is still so popular - no matter how crazy his behavior may be.

All other Republican Candidates will be depending on this kind of money and will more or less follow their "orders".
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Boxcutters are a relatively small threat as well...until they are used very specifically. The same can be said of refugees.

And the Constitution and American values include the 2nd Amendment, so the same logic can be applied to both immigration/refugee harbor and gun ownership. It's an interesting paradox.

As far as I remember, The USA signed the Geneva refugess convention as well?

As for the topic of terrorism and in particular terrorism by extremists:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Colorado_Springs_shooting
    3 people have gotten killed by a "shooting" at a Colorado Springs "Planned Parenthood" clinic.

While I am undecided on the topic of abortion I am confused that noone in the US is calling these incidents what they are:

Terrorism!

It has all the ingredients for terrorism, just that the shooters wherte white and had no beards.

Democrats have the same kind of benefactors, dollar-wise, but with merely opposite philosophy; don't kid yourself. Hello, George Soros.
    edited December 2015
    Higgins wrote:
    It has all the ingredients for terrorism, just that the shooters wherte white and had no beards.

A pretty cheap shot; that's disappointing. You like running numbers; check the total number of abortion clinic shootings in the past twenty years. And then compare that to radical Islamic terrorist attacks in the same time period.

Please 8-)

These (apparently now purely) political attack, hatchet-job threads are really quite detestable. I really would like to be friendly and get along, but apparently we must impune and insult those who aren't in lock-step with the Eurocentric Superiority Mindset.

I have self-edited my further remarks to avoid losing my place on this website.

You people really do disgust me.
    edited December 2015
    Sorry, Loeffs that you see it that way.

Terrorism is terrorism - regardless of the numbers, race, religion and beards.
    The attacks on so-called abortion clinics are not political. They are morally at best, but imo religiously motivated, carefully planned and funded by certain groups, which don't accept the civil right and the lifes of others.

Part of their philsosophy is that if they kill members of these clinics, they save lives of unborn kids.
    Now replace the unborn kids with other members of their group or "unfaithful people" you have the blueprint for islamic terrorism.

And sorry, this has nothing to do with a "Eurocentric Superiority Mindset".
    It's just that the Republican Mindset is so out of reality and away for the good of US people and the rest of the world.

Democrats in the US share the similar approach, so it's nothing particular European ;)