Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Watching that video Number24, I think that might explain why Norway
    doesn't have any world wide chains of restaurants. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • DevereauxDevereaux EnglandPosts: 35MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place, but read this in the Daily Mail (online) today:

Sean Connery goes into a library and asks "do you have any books on solo photography?...

"Shelf E" replies the librarian...

"Aye, that'll do" replies Sean.

...made me chuckle anyway... :)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Sounds like a very good project that you are running, Stag! {[] {[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Perhaps,Stag. You could organise something for the many
    Old Codgers on AJB ? ;) nothing too energetic, or would cut
    into their nap time ? :D
    My late Mother used to help out a local pensioners club over here. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I am also running a project to help someone very elderly and isolated: Asp9mm :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/21/10640306/spacex-elon-musk-rocket-landing-success
    It took the world just a little longer to catch up with Spectre technology, but at last
    A rocket has taken off and landed again . -{
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,871MI6 Agent
    Watching that video Number24, I think that might explain why Norway
    doesn't have any world wide chains of restaurants. ;)

I have no idea what you mean, TP ?:)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,712MI6 Agent
    That's a great public service you are doing there, stag. I wish you and your other volunteers a Merry Christmas for all of the long hours you selflessly put in some that the older members of our society do not have to face Christmas (or any other time of the year) alone.

Keep up the good work.

I'm also looking forward to the publication of your novel too of course.

:) {[]
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,761Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    I am also running a project to help someone very elderly and isolated: Asp9mm :D

Your project should be burning those bl**dy trainers :D
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,614Chief of Staff
    stag wrote:
    I must away to prepare for panto!

Oh no you're not!!! :))
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/20/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/pharrell-vampire/
    Plenty of them about Pharrell Williams had to deny being a Vampire !
    ( Although, that's just what a Vampire would say ) :D
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    I think we may be on to something :p
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    Watching some old Vampire films and then watching Buffy and
    Angel, I couldn't help but wonder when Vampires got in to martial
    arts in such a big way ? :D
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,062MI6 Agent
    Watching some old Vampire films and then watching Buffy and
    Angel, I couldn't help but wonder when Vampires got in to martial
    arts in such a big way ? :D
    I like Buffy, but seriously, REAL vampires don't need martial arts. They just entrance or Bogart & bum rush to the bite.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,300MI6 Agent
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SRYRe9A2Oew

Paid an arm and a leg for this , you can call it the Rembrandt of movie posters :D
    Has Donald Trump said anything really offensive today or is he taking time off for the holydays? :D
    :)) He working on new material.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,712MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    A touch of festive drama yesterday..........

I was on my way to collect a couple of people who were joining us for lunch & driving through a built up (30mph limit) area when coming towards me at speed through a shallow S bend was an Audi TT being driven at some speed. It was immediately obvious by the manner of his driving that the man at the wheel could not handle the vehicle &/or had been drinking as he had partially crossed onto the opposing lane when there was no need to - even when travelling at the estimated 45mph I had marked him down at. I took evasive action as he closed to ensure we wouldn't collide with me. I stopped & after he had passed I watched in my rear view mirror as he approached another bend. As he was cutting that corner a white panel van appeared causing the Audi driver to brake & steer off into the pavement where he then came to a halt. My blood was up by this time & I made a turn in the road. When I reached the scene he was still stationary so I relieved him of his keys & detained him until the police arrived. He was a little bit 'vocal' but quietened down somewhat after I had identified myself. Anyway the upshot was I knew he had been drinking, a point confirmed at the roadside by the police. Now I have a dashcam in my vehicle which records continually. I use it just in case I get into an accident which is someone else's fault. It captured the first part of the incident as well as my detaining him & will be handed over to the police at their convenience. Hopefully the evidence it provides may also allow him to be prosecuted for dangerous driving.

A good job well done, stag. Thank God you weren't injured or killed by this idiot. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    nice one buddy , drink driving is a absolute diabolical selfish behaviour,and should be punished with the severest penalties ,
    well done my friend.
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    +1 -{
    Just noticed Christop Waltz pop up on the telly advertising " Clash of Clans" :D
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    An actor with Christophs talents ,will always be in demand , its these numb nuts with no skill ,who end up on IACGMOOH (jungle)
    that will never work
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I'm sporting that look myself these days. ;)
    nice one buddy , drink driving is a absolute diabolical selfish behaviour,and should be punished with the severest penalties ,
    well done my friend.

It certainly is. I take a very dim view of it and the law should indeed be tightened up by Parliament to ensure more severe penalties if convicted of this abhorrent offence.
    I can't believe the amount of people who haven't got a Bluetooth connection in their car
    for their phone. If not built in, they can be bought for only a few pounds.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,062MI6 Agent
    Drive while you're driving. Leave additions to this activity to the pros like me. ;)
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    This will sound naff to some but I love answering a call in the car :D
    Reminds me of the very old TV series " Frank Cannon " which was the
    First time I'd ever seen a car phone ( a radio phone in those days)
    Although my car has Bluetooth built in, so I feel a little like Bond as well. :))
    edited December 2015
    I've posted about Norwegian Slow TV before, such as "Log fire night" and "Trin ride from Bergen to Oslo". Finally this great idea has caught on. :) BBC Four showed two hours (only two! :o ) of two Sami women in northern Norway going by reindeer-pulled sleigh under the northern light. The next time the British should man up and not quit after just two hours - real slow-TV watchers want 24-hour broadcasts!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06t3psw/all-aboard-the-sleigh-ride

2F17928C00000578-0-image-a-2_1449353277237.jpg