Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Sorry, Sir Miles, but you are plain wrong.
    Germany's "lifespace" concept was racial founded and not religious.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    edited March 2017
    Hitler was not interested in religion. He saw the Catholic church (along with the communist) as the main competitors the nazis had in the fight for the Germans' hearts and minds, mainly because of their understanding of ritual and community. The atitude of priests and other churchmen towards the nazi's ranked from active resistance to active cooperated and can at best be called complicated. But the nazis saw religion as a competitor that softened das Volk.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Hitler was not interested in religion. He saw the Catholic church (along with the communist) as the main competitors the nazis had in the fight for the Germans' heartless and minds, mainly because of their understanding of ritual and community. The atitude of priests and other churchmen towards the nazi's ranked from active resistance to active cooperated and can at best be called complicated. But the nazis saw religion as a competitor that softened das Volk.

Really!! Number 24 get your auto correct under control, Germans are not heartless. :o
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Oh yes, we are :v

I make an exception for you Higgins though your hedgehog probably thinks your a lovely human. ;)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    Oh yes, we are :v

True -{
    YNWA 97
    edited March 2017
    About religion in general I can say this: religion has a lot to answer for in forms of intoleranse, opression and abuse. Denying this is just turning a blind eye to facts. But religion also gives people hope, comfort and compassion. The colonization of Africa and other parts of the world was often motivated and defended from religion. What people often forget is that so was the freedom movement and de-colonization. Most of the first leaders of independent countries were educated in religious schools.

Forcing people to follow a religion is wrong, but so is banning religions. This is one of the pillars of democracy. Religion should be respected, but also questioned and held accountable.
    Higgins wrote:

Anti-religious 8-)

You know what, Higgybum...I'm going to leave it there before this gets even sillier...this could go seven shades of wrong and I like you too much for that ;%
    YNWA 97
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I make an exception for you Higgins though your hedgehog probably thinks your a lovely human. ;)

I don't think so! His last day before he went to hibernation, he bit my finger bleeding :#
    Ungrateful little bastards... X-(

edited March 2017
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

Anti-religious 8-)

You know what, Higgybum...I'm going to leave it there before this gets even sillier...this could go seven shades of wrong and I like you too much for that ;%

You just realise how wrong you are and don't want to make a bigger c..k of yourself here :p
    And he name is HIGGINS, X-(

Chriscoop wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Hitler was not interested in religion. He saw the Catholic church (along with the communist) as the main competitors the nazis had in the fight for the Germans' heartless and minds, mainly because of their understanding of ritual and community. The atitude of priests and other churchmen towards the nazi's ranked from active resistance to active cooperated and can at best be called complicated. But the nazis saw religion as a competitor that softened das Volk.

Really!! Number 24 get your auto correct under control, Germans are not heartless. :o

OK, sorry. It was autocorrec's fault and I will manuallycorrect it.
    Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

I don't think so! His last day before he went to hibernation, he bit my finger bleeding :#

All of a sudden I like that little bugger :))
    YNWA 97
    Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I make an exception for you Higgins though your hedgehog probably thinks your a lovely tasting human. ;)

Fixed that ;)
    Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

Anti-religious 8-)

You just realise how wrong you are and don't want to make a bigger c..k of yourself here :p
    And he name is HIGGINS, X-(

Not really...I'm just musing on what I'd be happy to ban next {[]
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

I've always said hedgehogs were excellent judges of character.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

Indeed they are !

I wonder what religion hedgehogs are...? :v
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

Anti-religious 8-)

The nazi consept of lebensraum had nothing to to with religion. The largely Catholic Poland and one or more of the Baltic states (I don't remember) is protestant. I doubt you can find sources to support the claim that lebensraum was a religion and not ideological idea.
    Number24 wrote:
    The nazi consent of lebensraum had nothing to to with religion. The largest Catholic Poland and one or more of the Baltic states (I don't remember) is protestant. I doubt you can find sources to support the claim that lebensraum was a religion and not ideological idea.

IMG_2569.jpg

And go read about Hitler's rise to power...it's all there for you {[]
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Indeed they are !

They're agnostic. :)
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

Deleting CC from my list of allies and move him on my enemy list - just below Sir Miles

Chriscoop wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Indeed they are !

They're agnostic. :)

And after it bit Higgybum I suddenly believe in god :))
    YNWA 97
    Higgybum wrote:
    Deleting CC from my list of allies and move him on my enemy list - just below Sir Miles

Just below me ? :o

I'd better pull my finger out :D
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Well, there seems to be a lot to milk! You have claimed I don't know English well enough (probable, but not really an issue this time) and what countries you're not in. One has to admire a man who has very little going for him in a debate, and knows it :D

Your lack of understanding English is a BIG issue this time :#
    But I'm glad to see you understand you have very little going for you -{
    Number24 wrote:
    If you really thought you had an issue, you would argue why banning religion isn't anti-democratic. If you ment "I'm happy with a ban on all religions" (that's less bad) you would say so.

Of course banning religion isn't undemocratic...any idiot can realise that...well, we appear to be one short at the moment... 8-)

No religion means no fighting, no wars, no 'my god is better than your god' balderdash...simples :D

IMG_2568.jpg

Why is my understanding of English a big issue here? Please explain.
    Why do you not see the banning of religion as anti-democratic? The UN decleration of human rights, any democratic Constitution and the men who started modern democracy disagree with you, so it would be interesting to hear your reasoning.

The claim that no religion means no wars and fighting is very naive. Obviously religion is the reason (at least partly) behind many wars. But how do you explain the (short) wars between the Soviet Union and communist China around the river Amur? Or the war between Communist China and Communist Vietnam?
    Or between Vietnam and Cambodia, both anti-religous regimes?
    Not to mention the wars between countries with the same religion?
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Isn't it ironic that the voice of the lederhosen wearing hedgehog in Toy Story is Timothy Dalton ...

Must have heard about how rude you'd been about Tim :))

toy_story_3_mr_pricklepants_poster-rcf26ef1ccb3b4f45866cc76fa2669b48_w2q_328.jpg?bg=0xFFFFFF
    I've never been rude about Timmiboy.
    Just said what it is :D

Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

I'm just overjoyed to be on any list :)
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    The nazi consent of lebensraum had nothing to to with religion. The largest Catholic Poland and one or more of the Baltic states (I don't remember) is protestant. I doubt you can find sources to support the claim that lebensraum was a religion and not ideological idea.

IMG_2569.jpg

What Hitler biography do you prefer? I like Fest, Kerrshaw and Bullock. If I have to chose, I'd pick Kerrshaw.
    Number24 wrote:
    Why is my understanding of English a big issue here?

Because you couldn't understand my original post and you have blindly staggered forward trying to save face...it's become embarrassing for you...seriously, I'd stop now if I were you and try and keep what dignity you have left...sometimes a retreat is not a loss -{
    YNWA 97
    Number24 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

IMG_2569.jpg

What Hitler biography do you prefer? I like Fest, Kerrshaw and Bullock. If I have to chose, I'd pick Kerrshaw.

Why do you have to choose ? That's undemocratic !!! You are a dictator !!!

Seriously...give it up :))
    YNWA 97
    Well. Have you read any of them?