Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,413Chief of Staff
    I've always enjoyed the album (well, parts of it) but not the video from that concert and the Omaha one.
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,279MI6 Agent
    Looking at the pictures from Royal Ascot I am presuming that the organisers are being ironic when they bill it as "Ladies Day". I would be thoroughly ashamed of even knowing these people let alone actually being related to them. Why is there such a lack of decorum nowadays?
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,818MI6 Agent
    edited June 2017
    Top Gear is filming on the Atlantic Sea Road on the west coast of Norway. Here it is:

atlanterhavsveien.jpg?w=1400

Problem is they were alowed to drive in 140 km/h, but were recorded driving in 244 km/h.
    Top Gear is now under police investigation ....
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,272MI6 Agent
    They should be shot for such an offence.....I nominate Jezza Clarkson to carry out said sentence! :D
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Looking at the pictures from Royal Ascot I am presuming that the organisers are being ironic when they bill it as "Ladies Day". I would be thoroughly ashamed of even knowing these people let alone actually being related to them. Why is there such a lack of decorum nowadays?

I know exactly what you mean. Standards have slipped and as a father of 2 daughters and a step daughter it worries me how things are heading.
    20170623_172845.jpg
    When I was younger ( I'm only 42) I'd have thought those two in the picture were either going to see the rocky horror picture show or were on the game! I'm a bit confused by the feminist movement?? Mrs coop is early 30's and has the same opinion as me where's the self respect and mystery? Oh I suppose the mystery comes the morning after when the fake lashes have fallen off, the hair extensions are coming out the chicken fillets are on the floor and the fake tan worn off and you realise you went to bed with Katie price and woke up with Katie hopkins.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I don't think the feminist movement ever advocated such behavior.
    edited June 2017
    Sad news from Norway :(
    The rock popularely named "The Troll C**k has been a popular hiking destination and photo object for years:

19121165_1165175296962410_6416381282787262464_n.jpg

Now someone has chopped it off :o

images?imageId=9208748&x=0&y=12.536023054755&cropw=100&croph=87.463976945245&width=925&height=608&compression=75

There are plans to raise money to re-erect it. But it's not rock-solid yet.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Human kind can be utterly stupid X-(
    Dalton Rulez™
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    read in the paper today that a man has been sent to prison for 5 years l plus ,for importing and being in possession of a sex doll , im not sure if it was the blow up variety or a solid type ??? but the "doll " was of a child X-( now not only are these despicable things on sale ,but obviously ,some company is making them .I shant comment any more there is nothing one can say .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    read in the paper today that a man has been sent to prison for 5 years l plus ,for importing and being in possession of a sex doll , im not sure if it was the blow up variety or a solid type ??? but the "doll " was of a child X-( now not only are these despicable things on sale ,but obviously ,some company is making them .I shant comment any more there is nothing one can say .
    Disturbing and disgraceful X-(
    I had cause to go to Leeds yesterday, Mrs coop and I along with my little boy went on the train which always makes me think of Bond, the little fella simply loves all things transport so loved his little train ride.
    DSC_0064.jpg

We had lunch at Gino D'acampos which was very good, and reasonable too I recommend the veal. Then we happened accross armed forces day! Lots to do all for free, and the usual recruitment tents, there was even a couple of old boys from my grandfather's old regiment the KOYLI'S.
    There was a nice atmosphere and plenty of interest, and what seemed a lot of genuine respect for the guys and girls in uniform, which is something that's always lacking here in the UK. The most popular stand was the one with the sa80 rifle and what looked like an accuracy international long range rifle.
    DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

I think these days are a good idea, especially in the current climate of terrorism etc. It was good having a chat with a few of the serviceman and getting misty eyed.
    Number24 wrote:
    Sad news from Norway :(
    The rock popularely named "The Troll C**k has been a popular hiking destination and photo object for years:

19121165_1165175296962410_6416381282787262464_n.jpg

Now someone has chopped it off :o

images?imageId=9208748&x=0&y=12.536023054755&cropw=100&croph=87.463976945245&width=925&height=608&compression=75

Money is being raised to re-erect it. But nothing is rock-solid yet.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Who ever did it should be damn well hung ! ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Who ever did it should be damn well hung ! ;)

I would do the same to them as they did to that rock !
    Dalton Rulez™
    edited June 2017
    Were there traditionally trolls in the Alps too?
    Must have been someone with Victorian values , as they
    Used to snap off the " Male" parts of statues. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I see we're having trouble with a "Willi" of our own ! :#
    He's gone now.

I've been out with the band most of the weekend again- it's festival season, and next weekend one of our gigs will be broadcast live on the radio. If anyone is interested in tuning in, send me a PM for the details.
    There is an upside to most things. Because of the Troll D**k story is that the news presenters have to say d**k on TV :))
    A few presenters over here have been caught out
    When Introducing the health Secretary called Hunt.
    By accidentally using a C instead of a H. :))
    Accidently you say? :D
    :))
    On politics I see finally the Conservatives and the DUP
    Have done a deal, with us ( over here) getting an extra £1.5 Billion !
    Incidentally the slang word "berk" used in the UK as meaning an idiot or a fool comes from the cockney rhyming slang for c*** - Berkshire Hunt :D
    :))
    On politics I see finally the Conservatives and the DUP
    Have done a deal, with us ( over here) getting an extra £1.5 Billion !

Looks a good deal if it's spent wisely.
    Interesting ! I'll use the term Berk more often, knowing that. :))
    The leader of our agrarian Center Party has the middle name Slagsvoll, sounding almost like 'slagsmål' (fist fight, brawl ). He has even been called 'slagsmål' in our very formal parliament :D
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,697MI6 Agent
    Typically the Welsh are now looking for £2 bn. 8-)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    N24 - maybe now that Barbel is busy with Shakespeare again - we should start a political thread that flies under his radar?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Really?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :o

@ N24: ok, how about that I drag him into a ridiculous discussion and remove the goal posts constantly and distract him that way and you start the thread?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!