Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Sean%20Connery%20Book_zpsdewvqtnh.jpg
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,343MI6 Agent
    I'm reading a book about Mount Everest - it's a real cliffhanger.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    There was a 6.5 magnitude earthquake earlier on a neighbouring island Leyte. Mrs CHB has many family members over there but all are thankfully safe. One of her brothers and his eldest son were caught in a landslide but were pulled out with no broken bones. The force of nature is often swift and dramatic.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Oh wow, I'm glad everyone is safe CHB! Nature can be truely terrifying sometimes.
    JTM wrote:
    Oh wow, I'm glad everyone is safe CHB! Nature can be truely terrifying sometimes.
    Thank you for your good wishes JTM -{
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,840MI6 Agent
    Glad to hear you and your family is OK :)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    There was a 6.5 magnitude earthquake earlier on a neighbouring island Leyte. Mrs CHB has many family members over there but all are thankfully safe. One of her brothers and his eldest son were caught in a landslide but were pulled out with no broken bones. The force of nature is often swift and dramatic.
    Pleased to hear your family are all OK. When nature shows its teeth it really is a reminder just how powerful it can be.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,502Chief of Staff
    Glad you're all ok, CHB.
    I'm reading that France has announced it is banning all petrol and diesel engined vehicles by 2040, The Netherlands and Norway by 2025 and Germany by 2030.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    as for Germany 2030, this is a discussion in progress - no decision has been made.

My personal opinion (and being aware, that my next daily car will likely be electric) is, that it's not so much on the demand side.
    The industry so far fails to offer a competitive product and governments could do a lot to outweight the financial burdens by elimination sales and other taxes.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    No such decision has been made in Norway. The inner city of Oslo will be in a few years, but there is no such plan for the entire country. But elektric cars are getting more and more common - Norway is a world leader in the field. Only half of the cars sold this year are running only on fossil fuel.
    Number24 wrote:
    No such decision has been made in Norway. The inner city of Oslo will be in a few years, but there is no such plan for the entire country. But elektric cars are getting more and more common - Norway is a world leader in the field. Only half of the cars sold this year are running only on fossil fuel.

Oh OK, I did check a few sources to confirm the first report I read... Knowing you would lurking here somewhere.
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/norway-phase-out-petrol-and-diesel-cars-2025
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/norway-to-ban-the-sale-of-all-fossil-fuel-based-cars-by-2025-and-replace-with-electric-vehicles-a7065616.html%3Famp
    https://www.thinkinsurance.co.uk/personal/young-driver-insurance/norway-may-ban-petrol-and-diesel-cars-within-the-decade

It's interesting to think especially with Volvos announcement this week that we could be living in Europe at least without diesels or petrol.
    Higgins wrote:
    as for Germany 2030, this is a discussion in progress - no decision has been made.

My personal opinion (and being aware, that my next daily car will likely be electric) is, that it's not so much on the demand side.
    The industry so far fails to offer a competitive product and governments could do a lot to outweight the financial burdens by elimination sales and other taxes.

I hope you are keeping clear of these riots in Hamburg Higgins :o
    Thank you all for your kind words regarding the earthquake - all our family members are safe and well. There are over a hundred injured and at least two dead so far. Earthquakes and typhoons are part of life here but the indomitable spirit of the Filipino's over ride anything that nature can throw at them.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Oh OK, I did check a few sources to confirm the first report I read... Knowing you would lurking here somewhere.
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/norway-phase-out-petrol-and-diesel-cars-2025
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/norway-to-ban-the-sale-of-all-fossil-fuel-based-cars-by-2025-and-replace-with-electric-vehicles-a7065616.html%3Famp
    https://www.thinkinsurance.co.uk/personal/young-driver-insurance/norway-may-ban-petrol-and-diesel-cars-within-the-decade

It's interesting to think especially with Volvos announcement this week that we could be living in Europe at least without diesels or petrol.

I've Googled it in Norwegian now. It's a misunderstanding. No sale of fossil cars from 2025 is a projection or a goal, not a ban. I asked at a car dealership this spring, and they told me that at least 80% of the new cars they selv are electric or hybrid. Don't feel bad for your sources - several Norwegian newspapers got it wrong too.
    On a weightier topic, the Troll D**k is getting re-erected today :)
    You may remember the proud rock formation was cut off earlier this summer, but thanks to fund-raising it will be lifted up and re-attached.
    Perhaps the best part of all of this is hearing news anchors saying d**k on live TV. :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I just happy to hear that you'll once again be able to get it up. I'm certain that
    Magnificent erection has brought much pleasure to many. :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Oh, it has. It has been pun central in Norwegian media since the troll's appendix was cut off :))
    I actually felt sorry that you couldn't participate due to geographical and linguistic reasons.
    They should change its name to " John Wayne Bobbit troll"
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:

I hope you are keeping clear of these riots in Hamburg Higgins :o

Being battle-proven against the Timboys, that would be a walk in the park for me :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    And now the something slightly different:
    Donald Trump spoke in Warszawa and he was met by cheering Poles.
    The speech was well researched, coherent and down right good.
    He also promised to live by NATO's Article 5 for the first time.

Really :)
    Congratulations America.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    My D**k gets re-erected every day. Several times... :)) :))
    Dalton Rulez™
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,272MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    On a weightier topic, the Troll D**k is getting re-erected today :)
    You may remember the proud rock formation was cut off earlier this summer, but thanks to fund-raising it will be lifted up and re-attached.
    Perhaps the best part of all of this is hearing news anchors saying d**k on live TV. :))

Fund raising? ....could you Norwegians not just run Eva Green in The Dreamers (or anything?) ...works for Donkey! :D

After having been cut off?
    In that case you need to re-think the relationship you are living in..... :o
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Here's random- I just got Airwolf on Blu Ray, and I also found a picture of my model from a couple of years back- thought I'd share for any fellow fans.
    11694837_10153373582438654_5114407741109652879_n.jpg
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Number24 wrote:

After having been cut off?
    In that case you need to re-think the relationship you are living in..... :o

:)) NO!!

it just gets soft from time to time :D
    Dalton Rulez™
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    This thread is dirty...
    :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    I suspect it's not the first time this much fuzz and resources has been neccessaery to achieve this effect ....

29c76be4-f4b1-4c3f-b987-46444831ff6f?fit=crop&q=80&w=780
    chrisisall wrote:
    This thread is dirty...
    :))

So, I'll have a vodka martini, dirty. -{ :)) :))
    Dalton Rulez™
    Number24 wrote:
    I suspect it's not the first time this much fuzz and resources has been neccessaery to achieve this effect ....

29c76be4-f4b1-4c3f-b987-46444831ff6f?fit=crop&q=80&w=780

"Well, the trouble is there is never a blue pill around when you need one."
    Dalton Rulez™