Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I looked on the internet. I spelt the name wrong it is boerboel. I have not seen any of these animals in england. I take the photographs from the internet to show you here what a boerboel looks like.

I have never seen a black boerboel, my own dog was brown like the other pictures. This dog has no fear and will protect the home and the family until death.

kejfwl.jpg

11245511_1094570153893649_8424258421872316342_n.jpg

south-african-boerboel-pups-price-1800_20142172.jpg
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    I looked on the internet. I spelt the name wrong it is boerboel. I have not seen any of these animals in england. I take the photographs from the internet to show you here what a boerboel looks like.

I have never seen a black boerboel, my own dog was brown like the other pictures. This dog has no fear and will protect the home and the family until death.

kejfwl.jpg

11245511_1094570153893649_8424258421872316342_n.jpg

south-african-boerboel-pups-price-1800_20142172.jpg
    This looks like a type of mastiff, we have mastiffs in the UK but not that particular type, the Irish wolfhound will stand much taller as would many breeds but won't have the bulk of your dog, it's an impressive looking animal. My own dogs when I had them were all both working dogs and loved pets. I had Black Labradors and my last dog was a springer spaniel.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    My dog worked on my lands as the protector. When I was walking my lands and had my dog by my side I had no fear of predators, even the big cat would stay away. The photographs I show are not of the biggest boerboel. There are bigger dogs than this. I find another photograph of a bigger male boerboel dog. As I said these dogs are protectors of lands and property and farm animals. I did read somewhere some years ago that in the town a little girl was attacked by a pack of pitbull dogs which were running wild in the town, a boerboel was in a garden of a neighbour, the dogs instinct is to defend humans, the boreboel went to to where the pitbulls were and fought them off the girl and killed them all. The little girl would have been killed if the boerboel was not there at the time.
    fb18b460c8d24fab06dc83cff273a68f--biggest-dog-do.jpg
    My own belief is that dogs should work. I understand that peoples like to keep pets but I think it is not good for the dog and especially the big dog not to work and do what it is bred for.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,816MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    The talk of pet dogs is unusual to me. These dogs I think would be better working as they should be and not in the home. In my country there are pet dogs of course too but also many dogs for working. Also a lot of dogs with no real owner or no owner at all in the towns and villages.
    My own dog when I was in my country was a borebel (I don't know if I spell this correctly) this would make the dog in the picture look small. I don't know if these dogs are in Europe. He was a dog to protect on the lands against the wild animal and the intruder and so worked. He was a very big dog and stronger than four or even five men.

An interesting perspective on pets, I think.
    Number24 wrote:
    Joshua wrote:
    The talk of pet dogs is unusual to me. These dogs I think would be better working as they should be and not in the home. In my country there are pet dogs of course too but also many dogs for working. Also a lot of dogs with no real owner or no owner at all in the towns and villages.
    My own dog when I was in my country was a borebel (I don't know if I spell this correctly) this would make the dog in the picture look small. I don't know if these dogs are in Europe. He was a dog to protect on the lands against the wild animal and the intruder and so worked. He was a very big dog and stronger than four or even five men.

An interesting perspective on pets, I think.

Not pets but working dogs. I think the small dog is for the pet but the dog which is bred for the hunt or to have the life outside should be worked, this is different to the pet, the dog is working to earn its keep. I think not many people would be able to exercise these dogs properly as they will need many hours of walking and running each day and not to give them that but to have them in a house is not good for the dog. This is only my own opinion of course. My own dog never once came into the house. He was to guard and to keep away the predator and this he knew as he was trained to work but also had this instinct. He was never chained but only would stay around the house at night time to guard and never stray from his job.
    When on my lands I would have a gun. My dog also. There was many wild animals and many which would attack. I think I was alert to these danger and could know when danger was near, but my dog had a special sense. Not even the smell or sound of movement had to alert him but he knew by instinct when some animal threat was there. He would never go running into the bush if he thought danger was near but come by my side. I could know that from his way even where the danger was even though I couldn't see it. He would not leave until the danger had gone, he was ready to fight and defend me if I was attacked. I would not liked to have such a dog in a house without only one walk a day. this would have been cruel for him. Even though he was a big heavy dog, he would travel long distances each day on the farm. But if I told him to stay to guard the home he also knew and never followed me and would wait at the house until I came back.
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Joshua, you are right. Working and hunting dogs need to work or else they get board/ hyper. I grew up with hunting dogs in the city. They would get board and chew everything in the house. My parents really were bad dog owners. They should have been spending hours running and not sitting in a small house. I do think people can have working dogs as pets, they just need to be committed to making sure they are exercised properly.

I live in the mountains now and am surrounded by goat and sheep farms. We have wolves and bears here so farmers keep Pyrenean Mountain Dogs. They weight as much as me and can take down a wolf like it is nothing. It is really amazing to watch. They spend most of the day sitting like fluffy white blobs but if you even look at a member of their flock they will go in for the kill. I have learned not to make eye contact when they are working :))
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    sounds a bit like Sir Miles - and I am certainly avoiding eye contact with him :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Humm.. I would not have guessed he is a fluffy white blob.
    Higgins wrote:
    sounds a bit like Sir Miles - and I am certainly avoiding eye contact with him :D

You need to buy a boerboel, it will protect you from mr miles.
    Joshua, you are right. Working and hunting dogs need to work or else they get board/ hyper. I grew up with hunting dogs in the city. They would get board and chew everything in the house. My parents really were bad dog owners. They should have been spending hours running and not sitting in a small house. I do think people can have working dogs as pets, they just need to be committed to making sure they are exercised properly.

I live in the mountains now and am surrounded by goat and sheep farms. We have wolves and bears here so farmers keep Pyrenean Mountain Dogs. They weight as much as me and can take down a wolf like it is nothing. It is really amazing to watch. They spend most of the day sitting like fluffy white blobs but if you even look at a member of their flock they will go in for the kill. I have learned not to make eye contact when they are working :))

This is interesting. I think it is cruel to keep dogs inside the house if they are working dogs. I think I have seen the mountain dog you talk about, they are very big dogs. I weighed my own boerboel once time and he weighted almost 200lbs! He was not fat but very muscular with all the exercise made him more powerful. These types of dog like the mountain dog are to protect and this they do better than any other thing. They are bred to be fearless to protect whatever they have to protect and the predators know in many cases not to fight with them. My dog would even keep the big cat from attacking because they must know that he would fight better than them if they tried to take my livestock.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,630Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:

Very wise :007)
    YNWA 97
    Joshua wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

You need to buy a boerboel, it will protect you from mr miles.

It wouldn't...I had one for breakfast :D
    YNWA 97

Certainly am...and I'll let you rub my tummy if you ask nicely :))
    YNWA 97
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))

That's not your tummy.... :o :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Sir Miles wrote:

Certainly am...and I'll let you rub my tummy if you ask nicely :))
    Tempting :))
    Sir Miles wrote:
    protect
    :))
    That reminds me of the story of the guy who parks his car up in car park in Liverpool, young scally walks up to him and says
    " give me a fiver and I'll make sure no one robs your car"
    Man replies " ha pyss off, my dogs in there and he'll rip your throat out if you go in there "
    " can he put fires out? " says the scally.
    Australians don't have sex. Australians mate.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    :007)
    Some homeowners won't move for anyone or anything! :D

a99288_nail-house_3-lane.jpg

a99288_nail-house_4-up.jpg

a99288_nail-house_10-airport.jpg

1889051b-01c3-46f7-a5a2-ca64e9344638-2060x1399.jpeg?w=1010&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=785d08188a9568ecb719d370d8862061
    :))
    It's incredible isn't it, there is one similar in Yorkshire, a farm in the middle of the motorway, it cost million to go round it.
    20170715_104117.jpg
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Brilliant! :)) Love that Up looking one, very cute.
    edited July 2017
    I live on a farm, and on one level I can understand it.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    i picked my first lemon of my ,well er lemon tree today here in my garden on the costa del London
    swim_shorts_001.jpg
    now wheres the gin :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    i picked my first lemon of my ,well er lemon tree today here in my garden on the costa del London
    swim_shorts_001.jpg
    now wheres the gin :D
    That looks like a perfect evening!
    I watched for your eyes only for the first time on TV yesterday. I really enjoyed the film. I think Roger Moore was looking old in that film though and Miss Moneypenny also. I still enjoyed it though. I think octopussy will be on next Sunday so I will be seeing that for the first time also. I liked all the Roger Moore films I have seen but not so much moonraker.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Brexit negotiations started today and the UK delegation put a well-thought-out plan on the table :D

3,w=1986,q=low,c=0.bild.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    The plan is on the back of a cigarette packet in
    Our "Brexit Bulldog's" pocket ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,399Chief of Staff
    The plan is on the back of a cigarette packet in
    Our "Brexit Bulldog's" pocket ;)

"Dead Ringers"? :)) :)) :))