Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I don't blame them. No tea and biscuits, no deal.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,816MI6 Agent
    The World Snail Racing Championship of 2017 is over. No, it didn't take place where you think it did. Instead it happened in the UK.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    No, it didn't take place where you think it did.
    Well, where did you think, I thought it took place ;)?
    a reasonable rate of return
    Good question :D
    I might have thought you were thinking about France, but the French eat snails instead of racing them.
    Instead I thought you were thinking of my homeland, a country known for action-packed entertainment such as slow TV.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I live on a farm, and on one level I can understand it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-A9OKVh2A8

"Preke litt med Sauen Shaun !"

:))
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Good question :D
    I might have thought you were thinking about France, but the French eat snails instead of racing them.
    Instead I thought you were thinking of my homeland, a country known for action-packed entertainment such as slow TV.
    :)) :))
    a reasonable rate of return
    Number24 wrote:
    I live on a farm, and on one level I can understand it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-A9OKVh2A8

"Preke litt med Sauen Shaun !"

:))

Sheep farmers really do (did?) talk to their sheep :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    ..... don't tell the trees, as the trees don't need to know #
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited July 2017
    No. Talking to the trees would be strange, even insane! :s
    Talking to animals, on the other hand, is perfectly reasonable.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,404Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    Talking to the trees would be strange, even insane!

Don't you mean "Talking to the trees wood be insane"? :D
    edited July 2017
    I belive one of the English kings thought a tree was the German kaiser :))

Before the more industrialized form of farming we see today it was normal for a farmer to talk to the animals. I remember my grandparents always took time after feeding the farm animals every morning and evening to pat them and talk to them. It made the cows and sheep calmer and easier to work with. My grandma didn't have to herd the sheep, they just followed her around. It feels natural to me too. When I pass by the two lambs by the neighbour's house I usually chat to them.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I'd just think about how good they taste :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    edited July 2017
    When the truck from the butcher's came for the sheep, my father would point out the one we wanted back for Christmas dinner :D
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    When the truck from the butcher's came for the sheep, my father would pint out the one we wanted back for Christmas dinner :D
    Now that is quality control!
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    Number24 wrote:
    When the truck from the butcher's came for the sheep, my father would post int out the one we wanted back for Christmas dinner :D
    Now that is quality control!

:007)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Some farmers swear that playing music to their cows while milking ups the yield. Also a certain type of beef is taken from cattle who are routinely massaged and sung the subsequent wagyu beef is said to be the finest!

20170718_182803.jpg

I've only ever had it once in a hotel restaurant and it was delicious but my personal preference is Aberdeen Angus and preferably a rib eye.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Fleming mentions this in YOLT- Tiger Tanaka takes Bond to a barn where they watch a herdsman massaging a cow and Tiger explains the procedure.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,697MI6 Agent
    Yes, I've heard of cows bring played Mozart and other classical music to increase milk yield. I think there's been research done on this. In any event, cows are certainly intelligent animals. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Milkmaids used to sing to get the cows come to her for milking. My grandmother on my father's side was one in her youth. I assume all women on my father's side were milkmaids before they were married.
    This is the Swedish version, but....

https://youtu.be/KvtT3UyhibQ
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    BBC TV high earners list to be released today ... could make for some 'interesting' reading to say the least!
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Ens007 wrote:
    BBC TV high earners list to be released today ... could make for some 'interesting' reading to say the least!

Yes then we can see where our TV licence money is being wasted (I mean spent) :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Fleming mentions this in YOLT- Tiger Tanaka takes Bond to a barn where they watch a herdsman massaging a cow and Tiger explains the procedure.

Yes of course..... Amazing how many things have a bond connection -{

It's now accepted that adrenaline makes for poor meat, so a relaxed animal who farmed in a decent way and undergoes as little stress as possible in its final moments makes for better produce. I'm a firm believer that animals should be treated with respect and enjoy decent welfare.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Not a cloud in the sky and a sea plane just took off from the fjord.
    Looked rather Bondian, to be honest :007)
    AA_OLD_MAN_5.jpg

?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    44561495-Ein-traurig-Weinen-emoji-Emoticon-Smiley-Zeichen-mit-Tr-nen-ber-sein-Gesicht-Lizenzfreie-Bilder.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Barbel wrote:
    AA_OLD_MAN_5.jpg

?

I wasn't thinks nå skal få any particular movie, just the whole view from my veranda seemed Bondian (God! That sounds ridiculous :#)
    Higgins wrote:
    44561495-Ein-traurig-Weinen-emoji-Emoticon-Smiley-Zeichen-mit-Tr-nen-ber-sein-Gesicht-Lizenzfreie-Bilder.jpg

Perhaps the most Bondian scene from LTK, one which normally arouses a sense of pleasure and satisfaction from those who love James Bond!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    {[]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM