Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,816MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    I've posted again on the SOE thread. Might be of interest :)

(have you discovered this thread, BondJasonBond006? https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45415/soe-special-operations-executive/)
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    chrisisall wrote:
    This thread is dirty...
    :))

So, I'll have a vodka martini, dirty. -{ :)) :))
    My signature drink in these parts :p.
    You finally got the drink, good.
    Took you a while though :D .
    a reasonable rate of return
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    My husband lost his Grandmother over 5 years ago now. Today we started settling her estate. She left me a lovely opal ring because "you voted for Obama and support unions." It is the only good it has ever done me here in the deep south :))
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    edited July 2017
    Oh, I'm sure it would have been perfectly normal pre- ca. 1965 :D
    Number24 wrote:
    Oh, I'm sure it would have been perfectly normal pre- ca. 1965 :D
    It does make the primary elections easy. I do not have to wait in line :)) -{
    A notice in the regional newspaper reported that yesterday a family on vacation here felt the need to apply sun tan oil.
    I googled "strange jobs" and these are some of the photos my search resulted in:

strange_jobs_throughout_history_that_are_now_extinct_640_12.jpg

crocmodel.jpg

job2.jpg

08-4-Pre-radar-Listener-For-Enemy-Aircraft.jpg

(my father and grandpa actually had this job ....)
    strange_jobs_throughout_history_that_are_now_extinct_640_07.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/thousands-randy-scots-sign-up-10767470
    Thousands of Randy Scottish people sign up for Uber
    Sex delivery ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/thousands-randy-scots-sign-up-10767470
    Thousands of Randy Scottish people sign up for Uber
    Sex delivery ! :D

Doesn't surprise me that it was developed by an Aussie...a libidinous bunch we are :))
    My favorite bar asked to take a picture of my dog to put on the wall. I went along with it. This is my bad cellphone shot. He looks pretty dapper -{

unnamed_1.jpg
    It's something about dogs and bowties that I really like.
    How old is your dog? He looks very good, better dressed than most of the people I've seen today :)).
    It's something about dogs and bowties that I really like.
    How old is your dog? He looks very good, better dressed than most of the people I've seen today :)).
    Scuppers is 8(ish) and rather classy. Yesterday I dressed him like a pineapple :v
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    Have posted Paddington before but can't resist again
    IMG_0370.jpg

And here is Winnie
    IMG_0979.jpg
    Anthony
    I am in love ;% :x
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    There was an article in yesterdays evening standard ,about paying tax , :# it went on about a cashless society ,where window cleaners ,plumbers,taxi drivers, could all go cashless ,and there fore ,pay the correct tax ,which then led to UBER taxis being paid a low rate ,but provide a excellent night time service to ,for example ,young women who leave work at 11-00 pm at night after finishing meetings ?? Well I think they have totally missed the point ,that really not only young women ,but no one should be working until 11-oo pm at night ,this is where the work place has got out of hand ,lets address this problem first .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,402Chief of Staff
    IMG-20170706-_WA0005.jpg

Vesper, this is Boris. An Irish Wolfhound we've been looking after for a few days while his human went abroad. Bride of Bärbel has been trying to convince me to make his stay permanent, unsuccessfully.
    The real question is; is he invincible?
    How does a cow compare, size-wise?

:D :D :p
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    There was an article in yesterdays evening standard ,about paying tax , :# it went on about a cashless society ,where window cleaners ,plumbers,taxi drivers, could all go cashless ,and there fore ,pay the correct tax ,which then led to UBER taxis being paid a low rate ,but provide a excellent night time service to ,for example ,young women who leave work at 11-00 pm at night after finishing meetings ?? Well I think they have totally missed the point ,that really not only young women ,but no one should be working until 11-oo pm at night ,this is where the work place has got out of hand ,lets address this problem first .

I have worked three jobs of the part time all at once when I come to this country. I start with the cleaning job from 5am until 8.30 then go to another job from 10am to 4pm then work from 6pm to midnight. this is for six days a week to support my family. I did this for almost 2 years until I got one job of permanent full time. I would do this again if I have to. I paid the tax and the insurance for all my jobs. I work much harder in England than I ever do in my own country and will do so until I can return home. I must say though that I am ill at this time and not working but will return to my work as soon as I am able to. I have the doctor say I am unfit but this is for personal cause of things happening. I like to think I contribute to the country who was kind enough to allow me and my family to be safe. My wish is always to return home when it is safe for me to do so and this I will do. I have land there and will return to make my way as a farmer when my life is no longer in danger.
    Number24 you know the crocodile is not real I hope? That man would be dead if he tried this on a real crocodile. They kill many people every year, even people who know about such things. They also kill near the water and can run fast for short lengths. Sometimes, people have what they say are tame crocodiles to let the tourist sit on them for the photo for money. The tourist think that these animals are tame but they are really drugged so that they cannot move.
    How does doing the taxes work in other countries? Here the authorities do the taxes for you. Then they send you a letter or on the internet what they have calculated your tax to be, asking you to check if it's correct. I guess businesses and people with more complicated economies do them like we did back in the day, but most look through the authorities' calculations.
    My tax just is taken from my wage before I get my pay. And this is also for the national insurance contribution. I think people who are working for themselves like the uber drivers must pay the tax themselves on how much they earn in the year but only once in every year. This I'm not sure of but I think this to be the case.

No, he's a big softy.
    He's about the size of a calf.
    My friend's little sister is a redhead in her 20's. She has a huge husky dog, one of the biggest dogs I've seen. The dog and its human takes me right into Game of Thrones :007)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:

No, he's a big softy.

Bloody big dog Barbel, we had an abnormally big Newfoundland when I was a child, he had webbed feet and would swim for hours I loved that dog.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    After mucking about with my broken PPK lighter that I bought from eBay a while back, I got bored and started playing with a spare bottle of correction fluid that I had on my desk.
    The result is the PPK equivalent to Casey Neistat's Wayfarers.
    2eq6emo.jpg
    sc9szl.jpg
    It turned out pretty well, considering.
    Sorry for the crappy photos, the battery on my phone died.
    edited July 2017
    Be ready for Donald Trump to say/tweet something outragous in the next few days (to get attention away from the revelations about his son's contact with the Russians) :))
    edited July 2017
    Barbel wrote:
    IMG-20170706-_WA0005.jpg

Vesper, this is Boris. An Irish Wolfhound we've been looking after for a few days while his human went abroad. Bride of Bärbel has been trying to convince me to make his stay permanent, unsuccessfully.
    I think your Bride is correct! My parents showed Irish Setters so my childhood was basically "Best In Show" (worth a watch if you have not seen it.) Irish Wolfhounds have always been my favorite. They are giant cats, but don't poop in a box. My envy level is high at the moment.

As a side note it makes me swoon that you call your wife your bride.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

No, he's a big softy.

Bloody big dog Barbel, we had an abnormally big Newfoundland when I was a child, he had webbed feet and would swim for hours I loved that dog.
    I play the upright bass. Growing up my teacher lived in a town home, had six kids who all played bass and three Newfoundlands. Lessons were always loud and cramped.
    I play the upright bass.

indian_platform.jpg

Me too! :)
    The talk of pet dogs is unusual to me. These dogs I think would be better working as they should be and not in the home. In my country there are pet dogs of course too but also many dogs for working. Also a lot of dogs with no real owner or no owner at all in the towns and villages.
    My own dog when I was in my country was a borebel (I don't know if I spell this correctly) this would make the dog in the picture look small. I don't know if these dogs are in Europe. He was a dog to protect on the lands against the wild animal and the intruder and so worked. He was a very big dog and stronger than four or even five men.