Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    For you guys to discuss Politics, you'll need to develop a type of secret code language.
    Polari perhaps ? To get it past the censoring of Barbel, you could become AJB's version
    Of the Illuminati, ........... the unilluminated ? :D ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    ^ :)) :)) :))
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,279MI6 Agent
    Or use the little known Russian dialect Stukrekord
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Or use the little known Russian dialect Stukrekord
    My mother in law is fluent in that!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Over many years of marriage, I've learned that for a reasonably easy life. To agree with
    My wife on all subjects, even those I haven't actually heard what she was talking about. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Incidentally the slang word "berk" used in the UK as meaning an idiot or a fool comes from the cockney rhyming slang for c*** - Berkshire Hunt :D

Did you learn that from Susie Dent?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/susie-dents-guide-to-swearing
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Over many years of marriage, I've learned that for a reasonably easy life. To agree with
    My wife on all subjects, even those I haven't actually heard what she was talking about. :D

That's great for you...I think :))

I chose another way. Getting separated a year ago was the best decision in the last seven years. I still agree with my wife (no divorce yet) on all subjects, even those I haven't actually heard what she was talking about which nowadays is about 100%.

:007)
    Dalton Rulez™
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,818MI6 Agent
    edited June 2017
    I had a great day with my father yesterday, driving around in the region we live in. First we went to a village/town were they are (re) building will be the worlds largest viking ship. It's based on the remains of a ship from about 830 AD found in a burial mound near where they were building. At 30.5 meters (100 feet) long it will be the longest proper viking ship anywhere. It will have 25 pairs of oars. With two men on each oar, this ship had a crew of nearly a hundred men. They had fitted the keel, stern, stem and the ten first strakes.
    It is going to be about 50% larger than any other viking ship may have seen before, but what made the most impression on me was how elegant it is. It's simply beautiful!
    Click here for photos: http://mre.no/nyhende/reportasje/storste-utfordringa-hittil/19.4293

Here is how the finished Myklebust ship will look:

Skipet-2.jpg
    edited June 2017
    Later we went to a place named Loen. I have mentioned the skylift gondola there before. It was opened this May by queen Sonja, but yesterday was the first time we tried it. The Gondolas starts about three meters above sea level and it takes you up to the mountain Loven at 1000 meters above sea level. It's the world's steepest and at times it goes almost straight up! We passed some mountain climbers on our way up and quite a few people at the top were wearing mounteneering gear.

Lima01.jpg

d50d023c-bfa5-494b-8fb5-75812f3b2a8f?fit=crop&q=80&w=780

At the top is a restaurant. You get about 200 degrees of spectacular view through large windows. They serve gourmet food made mainly from local food. There is also a bar serving champagne and other drinks. This would have been the perfect place to film the Austria scenes in SPECTRE!

BB20170520_%C3%85pningLoenSkylift_DSC00444.jpg

tbe58d5e.jpg
    This is rivalling Piz Gloria in Switzerland for beauty I must say @Number24, never heard of it, but definitely on my short list now for places to travel to.

Here some of the pics I took this February when I last visited the arguably most famous James Bond location.
    Next time I go I will do pics close up and inside.

full.jpg
    full.jpg

Jason mountaineering :)
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    Dalton Rulez™
    edited June 2017
    I just remembered something! One man who had worked on the construction of the skylift told me there are ropes in a cabinet inside of tje gondola. In case of an accident one can open a hatch and use the rope to get down. That could be a new way to use a gondola and a skylift in a Bond movie.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    The last pic looks like you are checking your mobile phone??
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I know!! But it was the altimeter I swear! :))
    We wouldn't take out our iPhones actually. One of us had a professional camera with him to take pictures :)
    Dalton Rulez™
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Incidentally the slang word "berk" used in the UK as meaning an idiot or a fool comes from the cockney rhyming slang for c*** - Berkshire Hunt :D

No, from school :))

I'm a born and bred Londoner and my grandfather was born within the sound of Bow Bells so I was brought up on cockney rhyming slang.

I've never heard of Susie Dent until I clicked on your link, Lady Rose, she looks quite fun to be fair.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:

I'm a born and bred Londoner and my grandfather was born within the sound of Bow Bells so I was brought up on cockney rhyming slang.

I've never heard of Susie Dent until I clicked on your link, Lady Rose, she looks quite fun to be fair.

Never heard of Susie Dent ?!!! I'm shocked ... The doyenne of dictionary corner on 'Countdown" :o

She comes across as quite proper but she obviously has a fun side :))
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,150MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:

Never heard of Susie Dent ?!!! I'm shocked ... The doyenne of dictionary corner on 'Countdown" :o

As can be seen in her recent jacuzzi appearance in Not Going Out. She's obviously a good sport.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/luftfart/bagasjekaos-paa-gardermoen-sas-passasjerer-hardest-rammet/a/24084796/

So much for leaving your luggage un-attended : chaos at Oslo airport due to x-ray machine faulty.
    In Oslo airport's defence it's normally ranked as one of the more efficient airports in Europe. It's also well designed. Try one of the "sound showers" found in the airport :D
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:

I have heard of Countdown but I've never seen it - used to be an afternoon programme I believe and I was always working :#
    Now I've had sun and wonderful weather for two and a half days!!!
    The grey and wet weather will return tomorrow. Still, the last few days has been the nicest I've seen this month :D
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I just remembered something! One man who had worked on the construction of the skylift told me there are ropes in a cabinet inside of tje gondola. In case of an accident one can open a hatch and use the rope to get down. That could be a new way to use a gondola and a skylift in a Bond movie.
    That is right out of "Where Eagles Dare."

I have an unhealthy gondola love. We have a 1940's toy gondola that goes up and down our staircase and around our house. Of course it is on when we watch OHMSS.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    I like how you make something special out of watching movies. Do you have a toy train running around for FRWL?
    No but that would be great! The last time we watched it we had a picnic like in the beginning of the movie. A picnic that was mostly gin and on our living room floor:)) My grand accomplishment was recreating the meal Bond had with Jill Masterson. Alas, we did not have Dom Perignon.
    Impressive! :007)
    It was actually kind of terrible but it looked like the movie still :))
    https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/19328/last-film-seen/page/327/
    Number24 wrote:
    Now I've had sun and wonderful weather for two and a half days!!!
    The grey and wet weather will return tomorrow. Still, the last few days has been the nicest I've seen this month :D

Goodbye, sun. I hope to see you again in a week or two .... :#
    ... or next summer?? :v

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Precisely :))
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,413Chief of Staff
    Sounds like here!
    Without the skirts :D