Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,816MI6 Agent
    I don't know the answers to Chriscoop's excellent questions, but the main advantages of electric cars is the low CO2 footprint. The most important invirormental question ((and probably global problem in general) is climate change, and IMO other polution problems will have to take second place. Sad, but true.
    TP: I tried an electric car about fifteen years ago and back then they were impractical. But have you tried a modern electric car? My sister drives a Nissan Leaf, a car that can drive up to 25 kilometers before recharging. They live in a city, so in real life they usually charge it one night each week.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    the electricity has to come from somewhere, so its not ultimately any more environmental than fossil fuels
    here in Ontario they can never get any new power sources built. not because of the environment, but because people don't like to look at them. windmills spoil the view. they complain about coal, complain about nuclear, complain about wind and solar. so all new projects get cancelled. Then they complain about their electricity bill.
    Exact same situation in Greece. Only problem is that they make electricity from lignite.
    So...it's more ecologically friendly to have a Mad Max V8 than a Chevy Volt here.
    a reasonable rate of return
    edited July 2017
    Yes, brown coal is bad. I should think some can be produced from wind and waves (or Windows and Wales, according to Autocorrect) , not to mention solar power. Solar power is even Bondian (TMWTGG) :007)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Apparently the batteries for electric cars are made nickel cadmium or lithium which are precious metals and have to be mined, which has a carbon footprint and the more we need the more of the environment will be destroyed, also these batteries have a lifespan of around 7 years, then they need to be disposed of and they are very toxic. I'd like to think these won't end up in the sea or being shipped over to Africa http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3049457/Where-computer-goes-die-Shocking-pictures-toxic-electronic-graveyards-Africa-West-dumps-old-PCs-laptops-microwaves-fridges-phones.html
    Also what will happen with vans, lorry, airplanes, motorbikes? And how will governments fill the huge amount of tax lost on petrol and diesel? Will Road tax be a couple of grand a year? And will the government cap electric costs to stop the power companies blackmailing us once they have us by the balls?
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Also Cars are actually responsible for a tiny amount of the
    Greenhouse gases, but as always the motorist is an easy
    Target for fines and extra taxes.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    The price of electricity doesn't worry me that much, since we will be no less under the control of power companies than we are for oil companies now. I'm no experts (far from it), but I think the technology needs to improve before electric busses, lorries etc. become as competitive as electric cars are now.

TP has a good point. Airplanes, ships and several other factors are more important than cars when it comes to CO2. We already have an electric ferry and I think all of the new ferries here will run on natural gas or electricity. But this technology is i mature compared to electric cars. An international tax on air travel will have to be negotiated, and probably on poluting ships too. What will it cost? Pennies, compared to the future cost of what we are doing today.
    Packaging is another annoyance. Instead of the government getting the manufacturers
    to reduce the amount of plastics etc, ....... they hit the average householder with fines,
    if they haven't put the right waste into the correct bin.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    Packaging is another annoyance. Instead of the government getting the manufacturers
    to reduce the amount of plastics etc, ....... they hit the average householder with fines,
    if they haven't put the right waste into the correct bin.

No, the bastards don't collect any of your waste if you've accidentally left a foil milk bottle top in with the recyclable waste. I always thought foil was recyclable ....remember Blue Peter? :(
    Here's one I made earlier :D
    Or ...... " A pair of Val's old knickers !" :D
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent

Ahhh, Donkey remembers that one well ..."And today we're going to make a kite out of a pair of Val's old knickers!" ...classic! -{
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:

Ahhh, Donkey remembers that one well ..."And today we're going to make a kite out of a pair of Val's old knickers!" ...classic! -{

I bet you were glued to it after they mentioned knickers :o :D Did you write in and ask for a pair ? :v
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,273MI6 Agent
    I have been busy making arrangements for our annual trip to Blighty in a couple of weeks time and I have made some reservations for some Bond related restaurants - Rules, Scott's Mayfair and Dukes Hotel. We will also visit the Bond In Motion exhibition at the London Film Museum. I will post my reviews afterwards.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    I have been busy making arrangements for our annual trip to Blighty in a couple of weeks time and I have made some reservations for some Bond related restaurants - Rules, Scott's Mayfair and Dukes Hotel. We will also visit the Bond In Motion exhibition at the London Film Museum. I will post my reviews afterwards.
    Well an early welcome home, and I hope you enjoy your trip. -{
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Well an early welcome home, and I hope you enjoy your trip. -{

Thank you, CC -{
    I know that there are several guitarists here on AJB and I thought you may like to see some pics of the guitars that are made on Mactan Island.

Mactan_Guitars.jpg

mactanguitars.png

mactanguit.jpg

These guitars are famous throughout the Philippines and the Far East because of their affordable price and quality. Most of the guitar manufacturers are family-owned enterprises passed on from one generation to another.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    on a lighter note here on the Costa del London (6 miles from Canary wharf ) the flowers in the garden are looking quite nice

flowers_001.jpg
    we have various lillys growing here
    flowers_004.jpg
    about 100 bunches of red grapes
    flowers_002.jpg
    the hanging baskets were white this year

flowers_003.jpg
    and some blue stuff 8-)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    I have the whole weekend for me and I will watch several Bond films, four to five should be possible.

Any suggestions for a good five-Bondathon?
    Dalton Rulez™
    Interesting ... You could try locations or underwater sequences etc. Oddly I've never watched my
    Top five in one weekend sitting, ( must give that a try :D ). At the moment I'm reading through
    "Some kind of hero" so as I read a chapter on a film, I them watch it -{ just watched TMWTGG
    with TSWLM next.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    I have the whole weekend for me and I will watch several Bond films, four to five should be possible.

TB/DAF (which you're quite a big fan of)
    TMWGG
    MR/OP
    LTK
    SP/TND
    That should be a very good way to spend a weekend.
    a reasonable rate of return

TB/DAF (which you're quite a big fan of)
    TMWGG
    MR/OP
    LTK
    SP/TND
    That should be a very good way to spend a weekend.

Brilliant suggestions!

DAF/TMWTGG/MR is set LTK I just had seen the other day. SP too.

So it'll be:
    DAF
    TMWTGG
    MR
    OP
    TND

thanks!

I'll start after getting home...going out now...I need to get off the aggression I feel inside me...underground fight club.
    Dalton Rulez™
    FRWL
    OHMSS
    FYEO
    TLD
    GE

(possibly) the best Bonds of the five first actors :007)
    OHMSS
    CR
    LTK
    SF
    FRWL

My top five
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    Looks like filmjackets.com is not working anymore :#

Maybe its temporary.
    I love this fan art :007)

my_creation____by_skyeung-d5iwjo8.jpg
    I came accross this striking image recently which was linked to a feature I was reading about Passchendaele. the stag is shell shocked and it was taken of the German invasion of Russia in ww2. I'm considering having it printed and framed.
    20170730_202107.jpg
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I came accross this striking image recently which was linked to a feature I was reading about Passchendaele. the stag is shell shocked and it was taken of the German invasion of Russia in ww2. I'm considering having it printed and framed.
    20170730_202107.jpg

It's a great photo. The Soviet Union really had Reindeer-borne units during WWII.
    Just now in my favourite place...

IMG_2359_zpsvxizcf9m.jpg
    Dalton Rulez™
    Looks a nice place to be -{
    I was wondering, BondJasonBond006. What is your first language: German, French, Italian or Romansh?