Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Natural resources are always the only reason. Here in Ireland our only resource is the potato, ....
    ....... and we've been killing each other over it for centuries ! ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,816MI6 Agent
    I think the culture and the way society is organized is the most important factor. Japan has nearly no natural resources other than people. Norway is far more like Sweden than we are to Kuwait, even though Kuwait has oil and Sweden doesn't.
    If the society is well functioning and valuable natural resources are available, things will go well.
    If a society is functioning badly and valuable natural resources are available, things will get much worse.
    Countries can either be fun for the majority of citizens, or for a select few.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    True
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    I for one am glad to live in Switzerland and having a Swiss passport.
    Dalton Rulez™
    Not forgetting Swiss chocolate ;)
    edited August 2017
    I'm glad I'm Norwegian, but I have trouble finding my passport.
    edited August 2017
    While we're talking of getting the joke ...... this is from the Norwegian netsite "The Fatherland is most important":

68555598.jpg?imageId=68555598&width=1024&height=615

Some of the comments to the photo were: "Opression of women", "a lot of room for weapons there", "Walking bags of garbage", "Could be terrorists with guns".

My only comment is :)) :)) :)) :))
    :)) :)) :))
    tumblr_mg6q5uehNY1qf7zq8o2_500_zpsl6zcq5cd.gif
    Dalton Rulez™
    http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/breaking-70-army-cadets-rescued-from-mournes-1-8084204
    70 army cadets had to rescued from the Mourne Mts.
    Just to remind anyone .... this is N.Ireland in the Summer ! :D
    Wow this is eerie for me to read!!

16 of us got caught at the end of April on Monte Leone in Switzerland due to severe bad snowstorms. Totally unusual for end of April.
    Had to be rescued as well.

I was in an Army hospital for some time due to hypothermia and leg injuries.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/breaking-70-army-cadets-rescued-from-mournes-1-8084204
    70 army cadets had to rescued from the Mourne Mts.
    Just to remind anyone .... this is N.Ireland in the Summer ! :D
    8-) oh my, we must be so used to desert warfare we've forgotten how go for a walk in the country!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I know they're only cadets but ( unless cutbacks are
    Hitting here as well ) I would have assumed they would
    Have had all the equipment needed to survive ?
    edited August 2017
    I know they're only cadets but ( unless cutbacks are
    Hitting here as well ) I would have assumed they would
    Have had all the equipment needed to survive ?
    You would think that rain not easing wouldn't be an issue for army cadets? The " some ankle injuries and a bit cold " but made me laugh. I have images of 70 uniformed army cadets all huddled together in the rain radioing in for a medevac while some pensioner ramblers walk past with their walking sticks and regatta kagools on followed by a Jack Russel called Bertie :))
    " come along Bertie stop growling at the fecking soft sasanachs " :D
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Regarding the on-going "lets get rid of all the petrol/diesel cars by 2040 , It seems that the ex school chums of the government who now run the electricity companies ,have just let the cat out of the bag ,and are now promising to jack up the price of electricity by 12% , So one day in the not to distant future ,when all the internal combustion powered cars are crushed into baked bean tins , The ex school chums of the tory party ,will be free to charge what they like to power your cars ,well the government has to claw back the odd £280 billion pounds in tax it currently collects on fuel duty .Now if your like my mum ,who dosent own a car ,we she be charged the massive increase in electricity prices ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I hope you realize that if you switch 'electricity' with 'oil' in your post, you have the cituation today? :)) :)) :))
    Regarding the on-going "lets get rid of all the petrol/diesel cars by 2040 , It seems that the ex school chums of the government who now run the electricity companies ,have just let the cat out of the bag ,and are now promising to jack up the price of electricity by 12% , So one day in the not to distant future ,when all the internal combustion powered cars are crushed into baked bean tins , The ex school chums of the tory party ,will be free to charge what they like to power your cars ,well the government has to claw back the odd £280 billion pounds in tax it currently collects on fuel duty .Now if your like my mum ,who dosent own a car ,we she be charged the massive increase in electricity prices ,

A couple of points AS, I posted something similar to you last week, but the electric companies have stated that the national grid as it stands could not cope with wide use of electric cars as everyone who works would get home and all put their cars on charge at a similar time. Are you certain that these ceo's are aligned with the tories? The Labour London mayor seems a leading light in demonising diesel cars which is ironic as it's his party who pushed diesels on us all in the first place! Regarding the lost tax should we expect toll roads or 2 grand a year Road tax?
    In more positive news today, the leading financial research institution NIESR is predicting a surge in the UK economy. I'm amazed how any positive news gets little mention a bit like when the pound falls a percent against the euro it's fallen off a cliff when it rises 2 percent we never hear about it. It seems broadcasting bad news is good journalism.
    Yesterday was a story in the papers that many of the
    Economic bodies. Which had been so pessimistic
    Over brexit had to admit they'd got it wrong ! :D
    Yesterday was a story in the papers that many of the
    Economic bodies. Which had been so pessimistic
    Over brexit had to admit they'd got it wrong ! :D
    These stories should be front page news! Inject a bit of positivity into peoples lives. Instead we are treated to endless doom mongers and naysayers. I for one am cautiously optimistic ;)
    I'm parked up in a car park in Stamford Bridge (Yorkshire) having a quick bite to eat, I always think of number 24 when I'm here.
    I too would be in the positive camp, there are good times ahead
    For Britain. -{
    Does Numder24 hang out in car parks a lot ? ;)
    I actually spend less time in car parks than most, actually.
    Stamford Bridge is an interesting turning point in history. Imagine how beutiful the British would have sounded now if Harald Hardråde had won :D
    edited August 2017
    There is an ancient memorial to the battle of Stamford Bridge in the car park which is by the river this is where King Harold beat the invading Norwegian hordes just before running all the way down to Hastings to take one in the eye from William.
    There is also a very good sandwich shop.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    In more positive news today, the leading financial research institution NIESR is predicting a surge in the UK economy. I'm amazed how any positive news gets little mention a bit like when the pound falls a percent against the euro it's fallen off a cliff when it rises 2 percent we never hear about it. It seems broadcasting bad news is good journalism.

I'm no financial wiz, but a falling currency can be good for an economy as it facilitates exports and encourages tourism. Of course, it's not good for any country that has to import a lot of goods (or for residents who like to travel abroad), but it can be positive for the manufacturing sector which in turn can be good for employment etc. That doesn't get reported very often. Instead, any currency drop tends to always get overtly negative headlines.
    It's tragic that King Harald Hardråde lost after his army was ambushed. If his army was ready he would have won over Harold. Then he could have faced the Norman (from the word 'nordmann', meaning 'Norwegian) army led by the grandson of a Norwegian chief.
    I also like sandwiches. :D
    I had a crab and cucumber sandwich today in a seaded wholemeal roll, followed by a custard slice.
    Ambushed! Harald just wasn't expecting Harold to get from London in 4 days. It's said that Harold rode to the enemy camp incognito and offered his brother Tostig his title back, he also offered harald 6 feet of English ground as he was taller than most men.
    Ambushed might not be the correct word. Harald and his army were attacked (attacking an invading army - how rude!) when they weren't ready. Harald didn't even have his chainmail on.

Sandwiches with scrambled eggs and bacon is a favourite of mine :)