Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    I missed a great concert today. You may not have heard of the band "Diderre" ("Those Guys"), but you have probably heard of their lead singer Jo Nesbø. Nesbø is better known for his crime novels in the Harry Hole series, including "The Snowman". They held a concert on a mountain in this region, but I wasn't there!
    Yes, on a mountain. Two thousand people climbed it and saw a concert in a landskapet worthy of a 007-movie. One of the audience said: "Great audience, great band, great 'stage curtain' " :D
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    Had the best biscuit today! Small diner in the middle of NOWHERE. They did a peculiar thing; cut it in half and put it on a grill. Who knew?

Regardless, very tasty.

Best,
    Stefan
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I used to work with Jo Nesbo's (stunning) Swedish girlfriend. I can't recall her ambushing anyone in a car park unlike her Nordic ancestors but I would not have objected :o .
    Coincidentally I am also a regular at Stamford Bridge (the other one :007) ). And also like sandwiches, especially the ones with a really well cooked proper burger in the middle. ;)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Jo Nesbø in consert. He was in fact known as a musician before he started writing crime fiction.

03NYHDSC_10956.jpg
    I was looking forward to an uneventful and dull election here at home, but already the politicians have destroyed my dream. Hadja Tajik, Labour Party "crown princess" and likely our next Minister of Justice, mounted the Troll C**k yesterday. She gave an interview with frequent use of words like "re-erect", "eject", "spurt" and "standing firm". Do what's expected of you, woman. Be dull and grey - that's Norwegian values and political traditions!

725bbb8f0fa1a0b5986f3d81de6c1d27.jpg?t%5B%5D=crop%3Awidth%3D6016%2Cheight%3D4015%2Cx%3D0%2Cy%3D0&t%5B%5D=maxSize%3Awidth%3D654&publicKey=drpublish&accessToken=86cb9f3d04b2f5cb19c4139004634c25088c703137d44da9765aff3ec8615380

25bf5df0764a443610fca1eb2f14990b?t%5B0%5D=crop%3Awidth%3D6016%2Cheight%3D4016%2Cx%3D0%2Cy%3D0&t%5B1%5D=maxSize%3Awidth%3D990%2Cheight%3D0&t%5B2%5D=resize%3Awidth%3D990&accessToken=8f0e68a5db42830920d95c2b11ed2e5cb0e85bc2bfcce8357abee33457144f7e
    I imagine she would have a firm grip on the situation in hand despite some stiff competition.
    You could be her speech writer!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Where ever there's a " C*ck up " there's
    A politician. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited August 2017
    Can we expect Elisabeth Warren or Condoleezza Rice pulling stunts like this in 2020? :))
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Where ever there's a " C*ck up " there's
    A politician. ;)
    ...and something always comes up. ;%
    a reasonable rate of return
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Coincidentally I am also a regular at Stamford Bridge (the other one :007) ). And also like sandwiches, especially the ones with a really well cooked proper burger in the middle. ;)

Do they have prawn sandwiches at Stamford Bridge, or is that only in a certain other stadium further to the north?
    :)) :)) I've never seen them... but then again I'm not in the corporate hospitality section... :o
    Watching " The last leg " on channel 4. They mentioned how an
    Eagle eyed Bond fan had discovered a fake Roger Moore in
    TSWLM. They then showed the clip ........ of the extremely
    Well known and written about. Photo insert of Sir Roger.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,478Chief of Staff
    AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,698MI6 Agent

As if it was something new?! Slow clap for them! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

As if it was something new?! Slow clap for them! :))
    How about the tree blind mice hiding behind the police inspector in Dr No. (I meant to type tree :p)
    Or the random elbow on top of the red AMC Hornet's back window in TMWGG?
    Or the janitor singing Goldfinger in OHMSS?

Of course, I'm sure everyone on here knows about that stuff. I think they believe that there aren't that many Bond fans out there :007).
    (007 emoticon is winking if you pay close attention to it.)
    Oh! Winking ! ;% ;)
    Oh! Winking ! ;% ;)
    Thunderpussy, you... :)) :)) :))
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,330MI6 Agent

I used to go to midweek Chelsea games many moons ago (I was always working Saturday's so couldn't go) but that was when they were Barry White (cockney rhyming slang) :))

My mate had a Westler's burger from one of those foul smelling burger carts in the Fulham Road and was not very well afterwards to put it mildly.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    We sat on a knife edge last night watching the amazing MO Farah win the 10,000 meter mens at Stratford London , it looked touch and go at one point , the Kenyans and Ugandans put up a up awe inspiring race ,but "MO" true to form kicked in the over drive on the last 200m and just accelerated away ,where does he get the strength from , I must admit a tear of joy rolled down my cheek .The London crowd were at their vocally best as usual to cheer him on ,a great night ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    The Guardian: Biggest earthquake in 30 years hits western Scottish Highlands. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw5vPP0zU
    Stranger things will happen: one of the biggest Norwegian film productions this year will be a earthqake disaster movie. Set in Oslo! :o
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    3.8....ok :007)

The one I lived through in Kos was 6.9, not to mention the tsunami later on that did turn the beach upside down.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I say this not to offend but to give my impression of some of the not so good things I have seen while I am living in England.
    I see almost every day things which make me despair of how some people live there lives. On my way home from work at 8am I see many young men coming from the shops with cans of beer, as soon as they get outside they open the cans and begin to drink. Remember this is 8am! They have no jobs and I think most of them don't want a job. Sometimes in the town I see many such sights. A few days ago I was in the town there was a whole family the grandmother, mother and her grown up daughter who had her own baby in the pram, they were very untidy in their clothing and dirty. They were all smoking and drinking from the cans and shouting and also swearing loudly. I was going to ask them to please be quiet as there were elderly people and children about but I thought I had better not because this is really the job of the police. This family were saying about the 'dole' money they get and going to the dole office. I think none of them had ever had a job in there lives.
    I see this often, so I must ask the people from Britain at AJB why this is happening?
    I think it is too easy for some to get free money and houses and many other things. I also think that no work is an excuse by some. There are many jobs but jobs I think that some people do not want to do.
    Another thing I notice is that many of these peoples some how blame the foreigner for taking the jobs - the same jobs that they will not do! I hear this often but only once have I been shouted at by someone. This young man was coming out of a shop with beer and the cigarettes. This was also about 8am and he was already drunk I think. He swore at me and told me to go home. I went to him and asked if he wanted to fight me but he was the coward then.

How can these people be taken from this situation and made into citizens who work and contribute to their country? I think that your benefits are too soft. In my country there is no thing as benefits, if you do not work you do not get money. I think it is a good idea to have benefits but not for people to have this as their 'job' and who will not work.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Blaming Immigration is just a convenient excuse for these people. Unfortunately what you are seeing is the result of an over generous and soft welfare system. In the UK we now have 4th and even 5th generation in some families who live on welfare. They feel a sense of entitlement which they shouldn't and many of these particular types of people are responsible for many ills in society, they have no pride no responsibility and no entitlement. It's long been a belief of mine that for some benefits should be handed out in vouchers for essentials like food etc not cash for cigarettes or alcohol.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,675Chief of Staff
    Joshua wrote:
    I say this not to offend but to give my impression of some of the not so good things I have seen while I am living in England.
    I see almost every day things which make me despair of how some people live there lives. On my way home from work at 8am I see many young men coming from the shops with cans of beer, as soon as they get outside they open the cans and begin to drink. Remember this is 8am! They have no jobs and I think most of them don't want a job. Sometimes in the town I see many such sights. A few days ago I was in the town there was a whole family the grandmother, mother and her grown up daughter who had her own baby in the pram, they were very untidy in their clothing and dirty. They were all smoking and drinking from the cans and shouting and also swearing loudly. I was going to ask them to please be quiet as there were elderly people and children about but I thought I had better not because this is really the job of the police. This family were saying about the 'dole' money they get and going to the dole office. I think none of them had ever had a job in there lives.
    I see this often, so I must ask the people from Britain at AJB why this is happening?
    I think it is too easy for some to get free money and houses and many other things. I also think that no work is an excuse by some. There are many jobs but jobs I think that some people do not want to do.
    Another thing I notice is that many of these peoples some how blame the foreigner for taking the jobs - the same jobs that they will not do! I hear this often but only once have I been shouted at by someone. This young man was coming out of a shop with beer and the cigarettes. This was also about 8am and he was already drunk I think. He swore at me and told me to go home. I went to him and asked if he wanted to fight me but he was the coward then.

How can these people be taken from this situation and made into citizens who work and contribute to their country? I think that your benefits are too soft. In my country there is no thing as benefits, if you do not work you do not get money. I think it is a good idea to have benefits but not for people to have this as their 'job' and who will not work.

In which town do you live?

Remember this is a minority, every country has them...unfortunately :#
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

In which town do you live?

Remember this is a minority, every country has them...unfortunately :#

This I will not say on the internet. Also not in every country. No peoples allowed to be idle in my country as there is no monies and benefits if you do not work. I have been to other places in England and seen these sights in the centre so I think that it is not just the place I live. I think there is no pride but to expect this money for no work from these type of peoples. I think also they do not pay to rent or for other things that we working people do like the dentist and such. While I think the benefits is a good idea I also think it is abused by many who should be working.

criscoop I think that perhaps these peoples would sell the vouchers for monies to buy beer and cigaretes. I think that after one year if you have no work then you must get the job or work in the local area to earn the benefit. It is not ever any good for no one to be drifting through their life with no ambition or purpose. I think many times that such peoples, and I do not mean all who claims the benefit, do not want to work at jobs such as cleaning or factory as they get more monies by being idle.
    There are a lot of great people in the world but safly that's also balanced out by a percentage
    of complete assholes ! ...... So we all have to make a choice of which group we want to be in.
    Do we want to be the solution or to cause even more problems ?
    Every society must find ways of looking after the unfortunate, after all WE could be there
    ourselves. If we have enough money to help the Banks and corporations, then we should
    also be able to help our other citizens.
    I laugh also but not in a good way when I hear about poverty in Britain. I think poverty here and Africa or Asia is a very different word. Poverty here in England is not to have the sky television or not to be able to go on hoilday. I think everyone in England if they not working gets monies. I think the poverty comes because they spend their monies on beer and cigaretes and gambling and things such as that instead of buying the food. Even then people can get free food from the food bank (is this the correct word?). If these people who say about poverty were to live in some parts of Africa and Asia for a short while as those poeples live they would soon realise they are rich!
    Possibly true in some cases but there is real poverty in Britain, different to poverty in other parts
    of the world, but it's still here.