Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    ourselves. If we have enough money to help the Banks and corporations, then we should
    also be able to help our other citizens.

I agree but I think these peoples I talk about do not want to be helped, they only want to live without work and be paid for nothing. We could make the new jobs but would these peoples want them?

Please remember I do not speak about all peoples on benefit but only the type I mention.

I think to make things better for them, but they would not like it, would be to make them work the full time for the benefit if they were without the job for a long time. I think this would make things better for them and their families over time to realise work is better than idleness.
    Possibly true in some cases but there is real poverty in Britain, different to poverty in other parts
    of the world, but it's still here.

I must disagree. I think that the benefits gives enough money to live. These people do not starve or have no clothes. It is how peoples spend the benefit that makes the poverty themselfs (but not real poverty). I know my sense of poverty is like nothing the English peoples can understand, so when they say poverty it is not as I understand it. I don't think I have ever seen children with the swollen bellies in England or dying from no food.
    As I said I wish not to argue but to give my thoughts as someone from the outside who is seeing life in England. This is not all of the peoples just those I mention.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I don't think anyone would disagree that there are some who deliberately want to live
    on benifits, which is totally wrong.
    I myself stopped running my own business and was out of work for a few months before
    getting something suitable. I don't know how people live on benifits, as I found. Even with
    working all my life and paying all my taxes. It seem I was entitled to ....... nothing :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    There are many people who are homeless in this country, and it's growing accross the Eu. People who eat out of bins and sleep on the streets, many of these people have no choice.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I don't think anyone would disagree that there are some who deliberately want to live
    on benifits, which is totally wrong.
    I myself stopped running my own business and was out of work for a few months before
    getting something suitable. I don't know how people live on benifits, as I found. Even with
    working all my life and paying all my taxes. It seem I was entitled to ....... nothing :))

There is a man who lives near to me. He is over 50 years old. The neighbours all say that he left school at 16 (is this the correct age?) and was onto the benefit then and has never had a job since that time. He has the council house with no rent or council tax. He has the car and has just come back from the holiday and he and his wife smoke all the time. I notice the satelite dish and the pissa delivery van there often. He is only on the unemplyed benefit not too sick to work. Is this correct and is this poverty?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    In that case it sounds like fraud, unless he has some sort of medical
    disorder, preventing him from working ? With any system a few will
    always try and " milk " it as much as they can, but that shouldn't mean
    we remove the safety net from everyone.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    @Joshua,

Though I think that your observations are correct, my advice is to focus on other and better things.
    You rightly question if it's alright to support people with their only occupation being on a government ticket, but if you focus on that it will make you angry and upset.

I for my part am well aware of this, try to ignore and move on.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    Joshua has brought up a real problem. But I think most unemployed are good people who really try to get a job and feel a deep shame because they are unemployed. Perhaps the solution is that they have to document that they are applying for jobs and they have to take any job offered them after being on the dole for some time? I don't think serious cuts of the dole is the right answer, because most unemployed really need that money.
    Higgins, I do not focus on this i point out what I see. I already said I do not mean all people who are on benefits are this way. I think you might not have seen my question so I write it again

How can these people be taken from this situation and made into citizens who work and contribute to their country?

I think number 24 has got good ideas. If the people who are not willing to work and help themselves then the government should make them help themselves by making sure they work instead of living idle. Again I say this is not for people who have not gone to the benefits of their own will but those people who wish not to work. I think that to work is to be proud of yourself and independent that you can support yourself and your family. I do not think any person is owed a living from the state as this comes from monies from persons who are working.
    Also homeless in England I think is different to homeless in Africa or Asia. While this is never good anywhere and I understand that many times it is not the fault of the person to become homeless, but I think that even homeless people in England can get benefits. I do not say this is right or wrong, but different to Africa and Asia. Again poverty is different because it is a matter of life and death not as it is in England.

The word poverty means something different to me than I think to many of you. I think that when you say poverty I think you mean poor. When I say poverty I mean having absolutely nothing and no help or assistance from the government or anybody - you might live if you are lucky but you will probably die.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,593Chief of Staff
    Joshua wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

In which town do you live?

Remember this is a minority, every country has them...unfortunately :#

This I will not say on the internet.

Are you sure you live in the U.K. ? ?:)
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Joshua wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

In which town do you live?

Remember this is a minority, every country has them...unfortunately :#

I might have got this wrong but perhaps you say I am a lier? Or is it I am the stupid man who does not know where I live? If you wish to tell your private detail to everyone where it can be seen this is your right as it is my right not to. Niether have you the right to demand such detail from me or any body on the ajb. I can wonder only at why you seem to so interested at where I live. I live in England. This should be enough for to satisfy you or anybody else. Please when I ask you your adress then you can ask of me.
    Joshua wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Joshua wrote:

I might have got this wrong but perhaps you say I am a lier? Or is it I am the stupid man who does not know where I live? If you wish to tell your private detail to everyone where it can be seen this is your right as it is my right not to. Niether have you the right to demand such detail from me or any body on the ajb. I can wonder only at why you seem to so interested at where I live. I live in England. This should be enough for to satisfy you or anybody else. Please when I ask you your adress then you can ask of me.

Joshua...you are such an angry man...why do you read everything as a challenge? You need to calm down...I only asked as you seem to use Surf Easy to change where you are based...because you 'register' in Holland...it was a simple, non-threatening question but, as usual, you are quick to anger :#
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Joshua wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Joshua...you are such an angry man...why do you read everything as a challenge? You need to calm down...I only asked as you seem to use Surf Easy to change where you are based...because you 'register' in Holland...it was a simple, non-threatening question but, as usual, you are quick to anger :#

Then I apologise. I am in england. I am going to watch timothy Dalton in itv so I am in england. I am not sure about this surfeasy. I use the building wifi not my own, as part of my rent. This may explain?
    edited August 2017
    Joshua is quite correct in his observations, played in certain ways some people can enjoy (to them) quite a decent lifestyle. I live in a relatively new development, in the UK house developers have to build a certain amount of housing association homes which are then given to the council, these properties are interspersed with private houses so as not to segregate people on welfare, the idea is a good one as the development doesn't end up with an underprivileged area that so often falls into disrepair and it's meant to encourage equality. quite near to me are a couple of these houses where initially single mothers move into.... They don't work infact they spend most of the day sat in each others gardens smoking. What ALWAYS happens is quite quickly their partners move in one of two things happens either the partners earn under the threshold so the mother gets housing benefits, child benefits, job seekers allowance or the universal allowance. If the partner is not declared then she gets full credits, single parents allowance, housing benefit, child allowance and universal allowance along with no council tax. One of them was even supplies with a rather nice and large summerhouse as she complained the house was too small. With every new baby they get a payment to cover costs such as cots, pushchairs etc.
    Then we have people like my wife's step sister who split up with her husband and left the house they owned together with her two children, she was put in a 4 bedroom house, no council tax, set up allowance, single parent benefit, housing allowance, universal credit, she also works as a hairdresser from this house for cash which she doesn't declare!!! I've toyed with the idea of informing on her, especially as she's just enjoyed a fortnight in Disney world florida and enjoys a lavish social life. The kicker is that she got back with her husband he moved in with her unofficially and rented out their house! They've now sold the house and she has put her £5000 profit into a friends account so it won't be discovered and is blowing it on weekends away etc because she's not entitled to any benefits with that money......it's a total disgrace. When I lost work due to the last financial crisis I was entitled to nothing even though I've always paid in and never claimed a penny.... I had too much in savings.
    I know of very genuine cases like the one of my friend who hand made military lenses for Vickers that I've posted before. We should have a safety net to support those who need it in society but the tax payer should never be expected to support those who choose benefits as a lifestyle choice and who believe they are entitled to be supported and have and will never contribute to the society they live in and so often resent.
    These people though have no aspirations, I would not choose their life, so I pay them little attention, I work hard for what I have and take pride in that, and I work to fulfill my aspirations.

I'm also in England watching the living Daylights.
    From what you say criscoop, some peoples go to deliberate action to make false claims for monies from the state. This is wrong.

Also I hope you watched the 007 film without the dutch sub titles? 8-)

Could some one please answer this for me. How long does they think it is before someone who gets benefit unemployment money be allowed to have this money without getting a job. Should there be a limit to the time? Or should peoples who claim benefit for unemployment be allowed to live without work as long as they care?
    It is my own judgement that if you have not found a job after one year then you are not trying enough. I think after then you cannot be fusy about what work you get.
    Joshua wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Joshua wrote:

Then I apologise. I am in england. I am going to watch timothy Dalton in itv so I am in england. I am not sure about this surfeasy. I use the building wifi not my own, as part of my rent. This may explain?

Apology accepted.

As I said, it was a simple question asked without malice...I just wondered which town/city you were in where you saw all these people drinking at 8am.

I also watched The Living Daylights without Dutch subtitles.
    YNWA 97
    Joshua wrote:
    From what you say criscoop, some peoples go to deliberate action to make false claims for monies from the state. This is wrong.

Also I hope you watched the 007 film without the dutch sub titles? 8-)

Could some one please answer this for me. How long does they think it is before someone who gets benefit unemployment money be allowed to have this money without getting a job. Should there be a limit to the time? Or should peoples who claim benefit for unemployment be allowed to live without work as long as they care?
    It is my own judgement that if you have not found a job after one year then you are not trying enough. I think after then you cannot be fusy about what work you get.

Yes people play the system and de fraud it without doubt.
    No Dutch subtitles for me :)
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Joshua wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Apology accepted.

As I said, it was a simple question asked without malice...I just wondered which town/city you were in where you saw all these people drinking at 8am.

No not all people drinking at 8am. I read back through my post. I am wrong to say many but 3 or 4 coming from the shop as I go home from work on many times. 4 cans of beer and one open as they leave the shop! I know some of these peoples by site and know they do not work. These are young men who are only perhaps 21. this is not correct for them to live like this I think. I often see peoples drinking in the day and many are drunkerds and alcoholics in the town. They swear and cause nusance. This is also not correct.

Oh and my home city is Amsterdam!
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Amsterdam - oh, that explains it! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Drinking at 8am. Sounds like my mail man. He drinks PBR in a cow pasture all day. I rarely get my mail :D
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    Joshua wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Joshua wrote:

Apology accepted.

No not all people drinking at 8am. I read back through my post. I am wrong to say many but 3 or 4 coming from the shop as I go home from work on many times. 4 cans of beer and one open as they leave the shop! I know some of these peoples by site and know they do not work. These are young men who are only perhaps 21. this is not correct for them to live like this I think. I often see peoples drinking in the day and many are drunkerds and alcoholics in the town. They swear and cause nusance. This is also not correct.

Oh and my home city is Amsterdam!

No, your home city is somewhere in Africa...your IP address gives Holland...but not Amsterdam.
    YNWA 97
    edited August 2017
    mr miles. I make the joke about Amsterdam. I am told to joke here and not be so serious. I try my best to avoid you on the ajb forum because find some of your writings unfunny and more. I do think that you are getting a little too dark here also. You accuse me of being the lier about where I live? Certain peoples and organisations would like to know where I am (I mean those who wish me harm from my own country) and I now add you to the list. You will dig but I will not give and I think you are in danger of overstepping your authorities here. I think you might be well to be reminded that only your duties here are to make sure no body brakes the rules of the ajb and not interogate its members or otherwise on the internet. Perhaps you think I have taken these from dutch or even African TV but I take photographs of the television. I do not really care if you think I live in Africa or Holland as you opinion is of no impotance to me but here are the photograph I take of the tv any way this morning. You will please see the date and might even to to the tv yourself to see the headlines. Please also do not reply that you are making the non malice posts when it is clear to me that you are and I will now not accept otherwise. Also when I go I will take the photograph also from inside the poundland but i guess you think there are poundlands in holland and Africa also?

003.jpg
    Drinking at 8am. Sounds like my mail man. He drinks PBR in a cow pasture all day. I rarely get my mail :D

I have to ask: what is PBR?
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

I have to ask: what is PBR?
    Cheap, cheap beer.

Screenshot_20170807-070506.png

Anything important I have mailed to my office :))
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    Joshua wrote:
    mr miles. I make the joke about Amsterdam. I am told to joke here and not be so serious. I try my best to avoid you on the ajb forum because find some of your writings unfunny and more. I do think that you are getting a little too dark here also. You accuse me of being the lier about where I live? Certain peoples and organisations would like to know where I am (I mean those who wish me harm from my own country) and I now add you to the list. You will dig but I will not give and I think you are in danger of overstepping your authorities here. I think you might be well to be reminded that only your duties here are to make sure no body brakes the rules of the ajb and not interogate its members or otherwise on the internet. Perhaps you think I have taken these from dutch or even African TV but I take photographs of the television. I do not really care if you think I live in Africa or Holland as you opinion is of no impotance to me but here are the photograph I take of the tv any way this morning. You will please see the date and might even to to the tv yourself to see the headlines. Please also do not reply that you are making the non malice posts when it is clear to me that you are and I will now not accept otherwise. Also when I go I will take the photograph also from inside the poundland but i guess you think there are poundlands in holland and Africa also?

003.jpg

Joshua...you are WAY overthinking this...my original question was merely to ask which town/city has all these drunkards at 8am...nothing more...
    If people are 'after you' then why register on the internet under your own name ?:) that is truly bizarre...
    My reply to your response about Holland was also a joke...

You are NOT my boss...so please refrain from telling me what to do -{
    YNWA 97
    But you do not joke. You accuse. I know this so please do not then to say you are making the joke or otherwise. i acepted your word once but when you said again I am writing from Africa means I will not acept this as an excuse again. My reasons for posting my name and photograph are none of your business as is my adress. They do not know about the James Bond there indeed or my interest. The 'peoples who are arfter me' as you say already know I live in england but not where. Also they are not after me to kill me but other political things which is none of your business.

You must also understand you are not my boss. your duty only is to make sure that no braking of the rules, not to haras or interogate (even when you think this is fun) Your keeping asking and accusing is beyond your duties here and I think it is best you refrain from goding or maliciosness. I reaslise that you think this is funny to you but ask you please again to stop with this.

I also say that the modetator always say to the member to go to message but you choose to call me the lier on the internet for everyone to see.
    The poll about who should direct the next Bond movie has been running for a week and I have posted about the results so far. go read it if you're interested. :)
    Number24 wrote:
    The poll about who should direct the next Bond movie has been running for a week and I have posted about the results so far. go read it if you're interested. :)
    Already have 24, good work -{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Cheap, cheap beer.

Screenshot_20170807-070506.png

Anything important I have mailed to my office :))

Ha! Must try this the next tiome that I am over there!
    Actually we have a cheap Supermarket beer here in Germany - Oettinger - which is accepted to be quite good among many who know more about beer than myself.

{[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!