Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    edited April 2023

The rocket landed near one of Norway's (very few) military bases. Coincidence? Do the Turks know something we don't when they won't let Sweden into NATO?πŸ€”

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent

I heard on BBC Radio 4 earlier how people are applying fake magnetic leaves to their number plates in order to avoid speed cameras etc. I thought it was faintly Bondian or, perhaps more accurately, Bond villain like. I also spotted this similar story from 2016:

Thousands of drivers using illegal 'James Bond-style rotating numberplate covers' to avoid traffic fines - Mirror Online

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited May 2023

Some photos from Lamborghini club Norway. They remind me of when I saw a Lamborghini roared through a mountain village. A group of young people saw the car. The boys raved about the sports car, but a girl said: "It was a car. Big deal!" πŸ˜‚

I disagree and think it's a reason to post many photos ....

Here's the video. From about 0:40 is in Norangsdal, less than an hour from here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onEoQ1p8tsQ

Cary Fukunaga made a drone video from here when he visited Norway before he go the job to direct NTTD.

edited May 2023

Bad weather. It looks like Charles and Camilla had bad luck (or should that be no good luck?) on their big day. Not many monarchies still do crownings I think. In Norway the monarch is blessed, not crowned.

I just checked. The UK and Tonga still crown their kings and queens. It's an impressive spectacle, I have to admit!

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,332Chief of Staff

I'm deliberately not watching any TV today, including the news which I normally would watch (especially after yesterday's English local election results).

edited May 2023

I take it you're not a royalist? 😱

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,257MI6 Agent

I watched it.

Quite something, having never witnessed one before. The music was excellent.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    edited May 2023

Watch out - @Number24 is invading!

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,277MI6 Agent

I thought Coronation chicken would taste like cold sick but it's quite nice actually.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

It certainly tastes better than chlorinated chicken.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,277MI6 Agent

Not worth starting a thread on imo but now might be the best time to eat a bit more healthily. It's not cold any more in the UK, the climate is mild but it's not heatwave as it might be later, when it really is hard to go for a run and one prefers to live off cola drinks, chilled wine or beer or ice cream.

One tip I offer is a breakfast one - Greek yoghurt, a handful of seedless black grapes, some chunks of fresh slippery mango, half a chopped apple, some chopped banana and a sprinkle of walnuts. Accompanied by black decaffeinated coffee - I recommend the Kenko decaf.

This is very tasty fare - it's sweet but in a healthy way. I feel less likely to opt for chocolate bars after this, which has tended to be my weakness. If you have a sweet tooth I suggest this, and all the ingredients are available from Waitrose, bar the coffee which tends to be on sale at Tesco for £7 or so. Coffee isn't cheap these days then again it's all relative; it is cheap compared to paying £2.50 for a cup in Cafe Nero or wherever.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    edited May 2023

Don't eat healthy food! It's woke propaganda to make us weak. Drink Coke and eat donuts and hamburgers - it's the American (and the American sphere of influence's) way! Drink Freedom (but not free) Coke and eat Freedom Burgers!

I know the feeling!

Hey, where did they get that picture of me?

I was just told the most popular computer game ever was made in the USSR. Yes, "Tetris" is Soviet made! 🀯

You are the elder statesman of James Bond fandom, @Barbel. 😊

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff

I got three of those cards on my last birthday 🫣

YNWA 97
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff

Watch the film Tetris, it’s excellent πŸ‘πŸ»

YNWA 97

I suppose that the machinations of the Kremlin in the Soviet Union could be called labyrinthine so that fits! πŸ˜‰

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,224MI6 Agent

I saw this clock on an episode of Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea…

…is this a genuine military clock or just something made for the programme? It’s a logical way of displaying time. Either way, I want one!

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

It’s official - summer is over.

Meanwhile, here we're enjoying uncharacteristically sunny weather!

The rainiest season is starting - summer is here.

Yes, we've been having sunny weather the last while here too. I suppose we better make the most of it while we can. β˜€οΈ

Mayon Volcano here has been upgraded to alert level 2. Rockfalls have increased to 49 events a day and the dome has increased by 83,000 cubic meters since February.

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent

Perhaps this has been seen before but in case not I thought it would interest you all. It is Ian Fleming at London airport buying a copy of one of his books (I don't know which one but I'm sure you will be able to tell me).

I wonder what happened to his brief case and umbrella?

It's OHMSS, Joshua. πŸ™‚