Bond Girl Style Watercooler

Comments

• ClaireClaire Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Don't mess with a Bond Girl on a mission.;)
  • AlessandraAlessandra Lake Garda, ItalyPosts: 633MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008
    I found Gemma in Louboutin boots out and about but not the brand of boots she was wearing in QoS. I'm sorry.

I also found this interesting bit:

"Within six months, Gemma got the call from the Bond producers to audition alongside Daniel.

It was her first encounter with the sexiest Bond since Sean Connery. And the scariest day of her life.

Nerves made her burst out laughing when she realised that at 5ft 7in tall she would tower over 5ft 10in Daniel in the fearsomely high stilettos they made her character wear.

“I said something really stupid, trying to break the ice,” she says. “I blurted out, ‘I hope you don’t feel inadequate because I’m taller’!”

She thought she had blown her big chance, but she was offered the part - beating 1,500 hopefuls.

As for Daniel, he had to wear stacked heels."

:)) :)) :)) Sorry, Bond with stacked heels just makes me laugh :)) :)) :)) I wonder if they did it with Sir Sean and Ursula Andress too? She seems pretty tall.. no wait, they just made her walk around barefoot in most of the movie, that solved it :))

And actually I just checked, she's normal, not particularly tall. 1 mt 65 cm. Which though makes Sir Sean really not that tall, as he didn't tower over her while she was barefoot?? See this is what happens when one is investigating about shoes :)) :))
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
    Tracy wrote:
    I hope you don't mind if I join in here, ladies :) I'm afraid it's been a long time since I last logged on.

I absolutely love Diana Rigg's style in general, and I think some of the more trendy 60's fashion elements that we see in Tracy's wardrobe were inspired by what Rigg wore as Emma Peel on the Avengers.

My favorite Bond girl wardrobe, though, has to belong to Domino Derval. I envy her swimsuit collection, especially that black and white number.

I spent ages trying to find Vesper's Algerian love knot necklace and managed to find a pretty nice copy here. Unfortunately as a student it's out of my budget, but it was much more affordable than Sophie Harley's [url=http://www.sophieharley.com/item.php?filter[]=love_knot&filter[]=original_LoveKnot&id=733ℑ=007LK]gorgeous design[/url].

Not only we do not mind, we're thrilled to have you here! There's not nearly enough Bond girls on here, so the more the merrier. So you, Domino, and everybody else I already "knew" posting on here are an added bonus! :D Gotta say I liked the knot as well, one of the VERY few things I liked about Eva Green :)) :))

Sorry if I didn't respond to you properly before, I just went back to re read and noticed I never bothered... how rude, villain-style :)) :))

So apparently there still is no way to find out who made those horrendous sandals with the equally horrendous purple outfit Arterton had at the premiere.. I looked everywhere, to no avail :( Claire, did you manage to write your blog story anyway??? :D A Bond girl always has her ways :v
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
  • RavenstoneRavenstone EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008
    *waves*

Hello!!!!

Well, I'm lying in bed nursing what feels like flu (although I hoping it's just a flu-like virus and will be over soon, else I'll be up to my neck in crap when I get back to work!). I may just be in denial though. I may have to just bite the bullet and admit it's flu!

Still, Alessandra posting pictures of Hugh Jackman helped raise my temperature even higher :x

I may be on my own here, but does anyone find that the dress Vesper wears isn't exactly that flattering? She looks rather too....well, flat. I know there's no such thing as being too thin, but hell, some curves are nice surely?

Oh yes. That purple dress? What in God's name was she thinking? I mean - seriously. Doesn't she have a friend who could take her to one side and say, "Gem - seriously - no. Not unless you want to look like a Go-Go dancer for some cheap 80s nightclub."
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    EMERGENCY - Eva's back again, and this time she's lime green:

http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com/go_fug_yourself/2008/11/fug_or_fab_eva_green.html

Someone please take this girl to one side and have a word. Is that colour ever a good idea?
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
    edited November 2008

http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com/go_fug_yourself/2008/11/fug_or_fab_eva_green.html

Someone please take this girl to one side and have a word. Is that colour ever a good idea?

GOOD GRACIOUS!!!! That is AWFUL!!!! That colour is extremely difficult to wear and it's an absolute no-no for someone aspirin white like she is. Either she understands she needs to get a KILLER tan before wearing a colour like that, or she better start digging her own fashion grave :O :O My GOD, she manages to get worse every time! What is it with this woman!??!? :O This looks like a leftover from some Moroccan party that has been badly redone by a stylist. :O
    Still, Alessandra posting pictures of Hugh Jackman helped raise my temperature even higher Love Heart

I may be on my own here, but does anyone find that the dress Vesper wears isn't exactly that flattering? She looks rather too....well, flat. I know there's no such thing as being too thin, but hell, some curves are nice surely?

Oh yes. That purple dress? What in God's name was she thinking? I mean - seriously. Doesn't she have a friend who could take her to one side and say, "Gem - seriously - no. Not unless you want to look like a Go-Go dancer for some cheap 80s nightclub."

Always aiming to please and raise temperatures with Hugh! :)) And welcome! :D

Erm no you're not alone thinking that. ;% I basically like NOTHING of what Eva wears, and the above link from jetsetwilly is the last straw!! EEEKK!!:s

I also agree some curves are nice, railthin is never good, despite us all liking being fit and all.

LOL about Gemma's purple number! :)) :)) :)) A go-go dancer from the 80s :)) :)) Does she look like the Bangles in that "Walk Like an Egyptian" video too?? or wait, one of those cheap Alexis Carrington numbers on Dynasty! :)) :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008

Shocking .... positively shocking :s

Even by her (low) standards :D

And now after seeing this, I don't want to hear a single negative word anymore on GAs dress :x
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Bondtoys wrote:

Shocking .... positively shocking :s

Even by her (low) standards :D

And now after seeing this, I don't want to hear a single negative word anymore on GAs dress :x

Dream on.. :v

:)) :)) :)) :))

I am afraid this horrible Eva outfit doesn't make Gemma's one tiny bit better :)) :)) :))

On the plus side, not only Carey Lowell had fabulous style as a Bond girl, but also... she maintained it AND married Richard Gere! THAT is a true Bond girl. :D Well and Claudine of course, pure class :D And Ursula Andress, and... :)) there are quite a few. This last few ones really don't seem to grasp the style concept :O :O
    edited November 2008
    Alessandra wrote:
    Dream on.. :v

I am afraid this horrible Eva outfit doesn't make Gemma's one tiny bit better :)) :)) :))

:# that tiny bit :D
    Alessandra wrote:

Maybe, if she would have worn shoes... ?:)

I have always had a crush on Capucine, I think, in the Pink Panther, she's extraordinary well dressed, but she may have been 5 years too old to play a Bond Girl.

Oooohh CAPUCINE! How perfect. Well she was a model, and extremely elegant. Completely agree she was PURE CLASS in the Pink Panther. And I love that movie! Probably too old to be a Bond girl, you're right, and that is a real shame. She would've been perfect! :D

So jetsetwilly, no new Eva sightings with horrific attires for us to have some fun?? :)) :))
    Ahem, our dearests go from one excess to anoter. Either it's the purple number for Gemma or it's this simple look.

Gemma's simple look

Exagerateddly simple! Didn't anyone tell her it's best to ahem... wear a bra under that type of shirt? :)) :)) She is a pretty girl, wouldn't take much for her to look great.. I don't understand why she doesn't have a friend who tells her "darling, erm.. NOOOO!!" :)) :))
    Gem had better start paying attention before gravity does. You can't carry the bra-less thing off for long. Not with bangers the size of hers anyway.

As for Eva - relax, ladies. It's not a dress. It's a duvet, obviously. You can't even see her feet. She must hop around like a very expensive sack race.

What is wrong with her make-up? She always looks rather consumptive. I can't put my finger on it. Too black around the eyes? (bearing in mind I never did grow out of my Goth phase)

Ah, I think I know what it is - it's the Boris Karloff eyebrows. Introduce the girl to a pair of tweezers, quickly!

Hair - also a mistake, I feel.

And I say all this quite certain of my status on the style ladder - right at the bottom! ;)

It reinforces my opinion that she completely spoiled CR for me. From the silly accent (what was that exactly??) to the uninspired make-up (pointless blaming Make-Up for that since she seems to look the same off-set) to the inability to smile without making it look like someone has stuck a particularly whiffy and full tray of used cat litter under her nose.

Nah - it's safe to say I don't like Eva. And it's not even jealousy. If you want jealousy, wait til I start on Angelina Jolie ;)
    edited November 2008
    Alessandra wrote:

Exagerateddly simple! Didn't anyone tell her it's best to ahem... wear a bra under that type of shirt? :)) :))

:o why should anybody do this.
    Alessandra wrote:
    She is a pretty girl, wouldn't take much for her to look great.. I don't understand why she doesn't have a friend who tells her "darling, erm.. NOOOO!!" :)) :))

:v too bad, that it was not a bit colder though :D

Ravenstone wrote:
    Gem had better start paying attention before gravity does. You can't carry the bra-less thing off for long. Not with bangers the size of hers anyway.

OMG :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Sorry, but :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) how did you just manage to say this and crack me up at the same time!? :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
    As for Eva - relax, ladies. It's not a dress. It's a duvet, obviously. You can't even see her feet. She must hop around like a very expensive sack race.

I can see we definitely have common ground not just on Hugh (SWOOON!! I saw him on the news today, there was the Australia press conference.. I had to wipe the drool off the floor after :))). We definitely have stuff in common on Eva too :))

That dress really looks like a bad leftover from some African chich boutique. I have a Moroccan dress and it is beautiful with such great colors. But I wouldn't exactly wear it here, and least of all on a red carpet!? And it isn't lime green! PLUS I am dark haired and with olive skin.. and even so, I cannot wear a color like the one Eva's wearing without having a killer summer tan. The girl just doesn't know how it's done when it comes to fashion, that is for sure. :O
    What is wrong with her make-up? She always looks rather consumptive. I can't put my finger on it. Too black around the eyes? (bearing in mind I never did grow out of my Goth phase)

Ah, I think I know what it is - it's the Boris Karloff eyebrows. Introduce the girl to a pair of tweezers, quickly!

Hair - also a mistake, I feel.

And I say all this quite certain of my status on the style ladder - right at the bottom! ;)

I agree on the make-up, I find it distracting how much kayal she puts around the eyes, and "smoky" eyes can only be carried out by a few selected, and only if make-up of that kind is done VERY tastefully (Keira Knightley had smoky eyes at the Oscars last year and she looked great, but she did that ONCE, she doesn't go around like that all the time).

She is very pale thus she should have totally different makeup, much lighter tones and WAY less on the eyes. In fact, the scene where she looked best in CR was that shower scene, where she had very natural make-up (men, don't delude yourselves, that was NOT her without make-up looking all pretty. :)) And it takes much more makeup and longer to have a "natural" look than to just splash on some heavy makeup).

The tweezers!! :)) :)) Yes those would probably help too, but I really find it's the make-up overall that doesn't work.. still, now I keep watching. Eyebrows, eyebrows, eyebrows! :)) :))
    It reinforces my opinion that she completely spoiled CR for me. From the silly accent (what was that exactly??) to the uninspired make-up (pointless blaming Make-Up for that since she seems to look the same off-set) to the inability to smile without making it look like someone has stuck a particularly whiffy and full tray of used cat litter under her nose.

You are on a roll today?!? :)) :)) :)) You keep cracking me up! :)) I couldn't stand her in CR, I do think with another Bond girl I would've managed to at least enjoy a bit more of it. And you carry the point across much better than I ever could :)) :)) :))
    Nah - it's safe to say I don't like Eva. And it's not even jealousy. If you want jealousy, wait til I start on Angelina Jolie ;)

Nooooo now you're telling me that you too can't stand Angelina Jolie??? Not that that's got anything to do with her being married to Brad Pitt...:)) See with Eva in my case I am definitely not in the jealousy camp, and people know that :)) Yet, I share your opinion on her, so I think it's safe to say this is NOT jealousy at all. :)) It's fashion sense, that's what it is. :D

I'm trying to understand what Gemma was trying to do with that belt and pants? And is it me or those shoes are ..... terrible?!??? :O I may not see well though, I give her t he benefit of the doubt because they're so small in the photo they could be better than I actually think. Nah, she doesn't know how to dress either, that's the truth. :))
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Alessandra wrote:

Exagerateddly simple! Didn't anyone tell her it's best to ahem... wear a bra under that type of shirt? :)) :))

:o why should anybody do this.

You know that smiley that drums fingers on the table on messenger.... yes, that is what I'm trying to say to you. :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
    Alessandra wrote:
    She is a pretty girl, wouldn't take much for her to look great.. I don't understand why she doesn't have a friend who tells her "darling, erm.. NOOOO!!" :)) :))
    Bondtoys wrote:
    :v too bad, that it was not a bit colder though :D

You did NOT just say that! No wait, you actually did. :)) :)) :)) :))

So how big is your crush on Gemma? Because if I were your wife/girlfriend I'd start worrying.. :)) :))
    Alessandra wrote:
    Sorry, but :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) how did you just manage to say this and crack me up at the same time!? :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

I do what I can with what I got - the first rule of style ;)
    I can see we definitely have common ground not just on Hugh

The ground it exactly where I'd like to put him. Well, on his back anyway. Well, on his back for some of the time.....Excuse me while I disappear to my warm happy place for a while... mmmmmmmmm........

And it isn't lime green!

Lime green is always a bad idea. Unless, of course, you're a lime.

She is very pale thus she should have totally different makeup, much lighter tones and WAY less on the eyes.

I have black hair, very pale skin, and dark blue eyes. But I can't carry the 'natural' look. Makes me look washed out. Lighter tones don't work on me very well. But you should be lips or eyes. Not heavy eyes and dark lips. That's - well - it's not impossible to carry off, but you have to have just the right black eyeshadows and the right shade of red lipstick. Otherwise you can look like a pantomime dame.
    Eyebrows, eyebrows, eyebrows! :)) :))

They are rather shocking. On the plus side, they make me feel a bit better about mine ;)
    You are on a roll today?!? :)) :)) :)) You keep cracking me up! :))

Shucks. I'm just getting warmed up! {[]
    I couldn't stand her in CR,

I do love CR. And, unlike your good self, I do love Daniel Craig as Bond. But yep - Eva Green was the thing that I found most annoying in CR.

Thankfully, not as annoying as Jinx, who - frankly - needs a slap and I'm first in the queue.
    And you carry the point across much better than I ever could :)) :)) :))

Aw shucks. I'm blushing here!
    Nooooo now you're telling me that you too can't stand Angelina Jolie??? Not that that's got anything to do with her being married to Brad Pitt...:))

Actually, she can keep Brad Pitt. He's never floated my boat. I like Angelina Jolie - from the neck down. I just want her figure. And I'd like to be taller, so I can ride taller bikes. It's not easy being a short arse. :(
    I'm trying to understand what Gemma was trying to do with that belt and pants? And is it me or those shoes are ..... terrible?!??? :O

She's going for the librarian look, but forgot the glasses. You know the thing - woman looks plain and unattractive - suddenly she removes her glasses and lets down her hair and become a sex goddess.

I do it all the time ;)
    Alessandra wrote:
    So how big is your crush on Gemma? Because if I were your wife/girlfriend I'd start worrying.. :)) :))

To paraphrase my partner - he doesn't mind who I have a crush on as long as he reaps the benefits. :D
    Alessandra wrote:

You know that smiley that drums fingers on the table on messenger.... yes, that is what I'm trying to say to you. :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

;% ;% ;% errrr, I am ashamed.
    Ashamed for being a bloke :D
    But not so ashamed for not having a peek again :D
    Alessandra wrote:

I can't give you a definite reply on this until I have been seeing her shoes ;)
    My wife does not worry, she slaps me :#

edited November 2008
    Ravenstone wrote:
    I do what I can with what I got - the first rule of style ;)

Ain't that the truth. Ask Ursula Andress... all she needed was a small bikini! :)) :)) (well, and a killer body to go with it)
    The ground it exactly where I'd like to put him. Well, on his back anyway. Well, on his back for some of the time.....Excuse me while I disappear to my warm happy place for a while... mmmmmmmmm........

You are even more of a bad girl than I am :)) Man, I have competition here!! :O I don't care what the surface is and how it's placed, as long as I get to spend some quality time with Hugh :v

:)) :)) :))

Lime green is always a bad idea. Unless, of course, you're a lime.

:)) Or you are Naomi Campbell, thus have the skin tone to go with it. And body, and looks, and all the rest. :D

I have black hair, very pale skin, and dark blue eyes. But I can't carry the 'natural' look. Makes me look washed out. Lighter tones don't work on me very well. But you should be lips or eyes. Not heavy eyes and dark lips. That's - well - it's not impossible to carry off, but you have to have just the right black eyeshadows and the right shade of red lipstick. Otherwise you can look like a pantomime dame.

Black hair and dark blue eyes, wow you must be one attractive Bond girl here! {[] You're right about either eyes or lips. But I do think Eva Green looked much better with the "natural" look in the shower scene? Of course she'd need something more "elaborate" for a red carpet, what I mean is she needs to tone it down.. and you know what, she needs luminous colours. And definitely quit tall that black around the eyes. How can an actress who has make-up artists end up having such a wrong look?! :O

They are rather shocking. On the plus side, they make me feel a bit better about mine ;)

:)) :)) I am Italian and look it so I should avoid commenting on that matter :)) :)) Now seriously I got an entire make-up session with a Chanel make-up artist and he told me that he really liked my eyebrows, so ever since I have been thinking I can actually do at least one thing right facewise. Now making it all look great is another matter. I can't do miracles. :)) :)) :))

Shucks. I'm just getting warmed up! {[]

Excellent, because I'm covering a big game here tonight (soccer) and my team is playing against our sworn enemies, so I need humour, need it to write the story too :)) :))
    I do love CR. And, unlike your good self, I do love Daniel Craig as Bond. But yep - Eva Green was the thing that I found most annoying in CR.

Thankfully, not as annoying as Jinx, who - frankly - needs a slap and I'm first in the queue.

Oh I know you love CR and Daniel, and it's all good so you can be busy with him and I can keep Hugh. Actually you'll have to fight Lexi for Daniel, so even more room for me and Hugh :v :v

:)) :)) :))

I didn't much like Jinx either in some parts of DAD, but I love Halle Berry so that made her a LOT more bearable. While with Eva Green.. :)) :))

Aw shucks. I'm blushing here!

I suspect making you blush isn't as easy as you are making it seem?? :))
    Actually, she can keep Brad Pitt. He's never floated my boat. I like Angelina Jolie - from the neck down. I just want her figure. And I'd like to be taller, so I can ride taller bikes. It's not easy being a short arse. :(

I'm not very short but I'm not tall either. I'm just average. I hear your woes, sigh those 5 cm more :( LOL about the neck down comment. I agree she has a great body. But I really can't stand her and her lack of class... and thankfully my brothers don't like her either (shocking I know, men normally drool over her) because of the same reasons, so I don't have to stand all the drooling on her! :)) I will give her that she DOES do lots of good things for charity, and that certainly is a big point in her favour.

She's going for the librarian look, but forgot the glasses. You know the thing - woman looks plain and unattractive - suddenly she removes her glasses and lets down her hair and become a sex goddess.

I do it all the time ;)

:)) :)) does it work??? :D Just so I know, I will take notes. Librarian.. hm yes, that's definitely how she looks. but why, I wonder. She's such a pretty girl, it can't be that much of an effort to find a decent stylist!? that's what drives me nuts. Can't even pick a stylist!? :s But they pick up men instead, so... :)) :))
    Ravenstone wrote:
    Alessandra wrote:

To paraphrase my partner - he doesn't mind who I have a crush on as long as he reaps the benefits. :D

I swear I am going to copy this and recycle :)) :)) It's great! :D
    Bondtoys wrote:

;% ;% ;% errrr, I am ashamed.
    Ashamed for being a bloke :D
    But not so ashamed for not having a peek again :D

:)) :)) Men.... just.. MEN!! :))
    Bondtoys wrote:
    I can't give you a definite reply on this until I have been seeing her shoes ;)
    My wife does not worry, she slaps me :#

A wise woman, she is. :v
    Alessandra wrote:
    Ain't that the truth. Ask Ursula Andress... all she needed was a small bikini! :)) :)) (well, and a killer body to go with it)

And a dubbed voice ;)

Yep. I'd much rather have Ursula's figure than Eva's coat-hanger figure.
    You are even more of a bad girl than I am :))

When I'm good, I'm very very good. But when I'm bad, I'm better.
    as long as I get to spend some quality time with Hugh :v

Over my cold, dead body ;)
    :)) Or you are Naomi Campbell, thus have the skin tone to go with it. And body, and looks, and all the rest. :D

Again, from the neck down. But the face? Nooooooo......
    Black hair and dark blue eyes, wow you must be one attractive Bond girl here!

Aw shucks.
    But I do think Eva Green looked much better with the "natural" look in the shower scene?

She did. And there's no reason why such a look couldn't be glammed up for a catwalk. She needs less around the eyes for sure. It just draws attention to her eyes and eyebrows, which - frankly - are not her best feature. Less around her eyes would make them look larger.
    How can an actress who has make-up artists end up having such a wrong look?! :O

My point exactly. And the fact she looks exactly the same make-up and dress-wise in CR as out of it makes me wonder even more.

Less is more with that girl. Less around the eyes, take the hair off the face a bit to let it show through. Get her to pick her chin up instead of looking at everyone through her lashes. These are basics in deportment and elegance. Why she does what she does is quite a mystery.
    I am Italian and look it so I should avoid commenting on that matter :)) :))

I rode a Ducati for three years, from brand new. A Monster Dark. I know all about the Latin temperament ;)
    Now seriously I got an entire make-up session with a Chanel make-up artist and he told me that he really liked my eyebrows,

I can't get mine to match. Seriously. Well, I can, but not by plucking. And they've never matched my hair colour. Well, that's no surprise given how often I dye it (it's currently black and green) but they've never matched. Always been lighter than my hair.
    Excellent, because I'm covering a big game here tonight (soccer) and my team is playing against our sworn enemies, so I need humour, need it to write the story too :)) :))

I'll do my best.
    Oh I know you love CR and Daniel, and it's all good so you can be busy with him and I can keep Hugh.

Oh no no no no! It doesn't work like that, sister!
    Actually you'll have to fight Lexi for Daniel, so even more room for me and Hugh :v :v

As much as I admit to 'curiosity' about DC, I don't think I'd fight for him. In fact, probably not ;)

I've said before - he's really not my type. You still would - or I still would - because. Well, just because. It would be rude not to.
    I didn't much like Jinx either in some parts of DAD, but I love Halle Berry so that made her a LOT more bearable. While with Eva Green.. :)) :))

Ah, Halle Berry pretty much makes any film unwatchable for me. I had to suffer her through three X-Men films and Swordfish, but dammit Hugh is so worth it!

I suspect making you blush isn't as easy as you are making it seem?? :))

Okay - who's been talking?
    I'm not very short but I'm not tall either. I'm just average.

Five foot two. And a bit. My last bike - a Triumph Speed Four - had to be lowered about 3 inches, and even then, I have a pair of Daytona LadyStar boots that have an inbuilt wedge heel to give you another inch in height. Means you have to make the gear lever a bit higher so you can get the platform in, but that's what you gotta do.

Except I sold my bike a couple of months ago and bought a car instead. It's not quite as bad as it sounds. It's a 1.8 Scirocco. A work in progress. And I don't have to dress like a Power Ranger to go out for a drive ;)

(Actually, I never dressed like a Power Ranger. Far too fashion conscious. I wore black leathers, black helmet, on a black motorbike. It's okay as long as you always assume that the buggers aren't going to see you anyway. And let's face it - most drivers you could wear a bloody traffic cone on your head and they still wouldn't see you.)

But I digress.
    does it work???

No.

But what I found absolutely failsafe was this - wear a bikini under your bike leathers. Then, when you drop your bike on gravel (as I did top of the Mountain at the Isle of Man one year), all you have to do is unzip the jacket and - lo and behold - half a dozen tall, burly, handsome bikers turn up and pick it up for you!

Never fails!
    But they pick up men instead, so... :)) :))

Never underestimate the attraction of a bottomless Visa card ;)

Let's face it - if we had a dozen or more personal trainers, chefs, and stylists, we could look like Catherine Zeta Jones or whoever. Get 'em off the catwalk and they're not much different to you or me. Well, not much different to you, perhaps. I could stand to lose a few pounds first....;)
    Alessandra wrote:
    I swear I am going to copy this and recycle :)) :)) It's great! :D

My rates are very reasonable ;)
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008
    Ravenstone wrote:
    Five foot two. And a bit.

Me too! Although I wish I had the extra "and a bit".. :)) That's why we wear such high heels! :))

I thought Gemma really looked cute with the red hair in QOS...maybe that would be a better look for her.
    I didn't like her fringe. And I kept thinking 'St. Trinians' even though I haven't seen the film.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Monique wrote:
    Ravenstone wrote:
    Five foot two. And a bit.

Me too! Although I wish I had the extra "and a bit".. :)) That's why we wear such high heels! :))

5'10" in my stockings .... put my heels on and I pretty much tower over most. :)) :))
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,358Chief of Staff
    Hey, Lady Rose: "I carried a watermelon?" Is that a Mystery Men reference? {[]
    Barbel wrote:

Hmmm to me that is a very clear Dirty Dancing reference!!! It's a very famous line from the movie, when Baby meets with the Patrick Swayze character at the place where all the dance teachers, waiters etc go dancing between themselves at night. And when Patrick asks "what is she doing here?!" the cousin explains she helped and she goes "I carried a watermelon!" And then once he's gone, realising how stupid that sounds, she says to herself: "I carried a watermelon?"

I am curious to see who is right :)) :
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008
    Different subject: the next Bond girl should be a blonde, Craig and Sienna Miller looked great together in Layer Cake, not sure why EON hasn't done this, even for one of the minor Bond girl roles, although probably just luck of the draw for Solange and Fields.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,358Chief of Staff
    Alessandra wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

Hmmm to me that is a very clear Dirty Dancing reference!!! It's a very famous line from the movie, when Baby meets with the Patrick Swayze character at the place where all the dance teachers, waiters etc go dancing between themselves at night. And when Patrick asks "what is she doing here?!" the cousin explains she helped and she goes "I carried a watermelon!" And then once he's gone, realising how stupid that sounds, she says to herself: "I carried a watermelon?"

I am curious to see who is right :)) :

Probably you, Alessandra- I've never seen Dirty Dancing[i/]! :))