Bond Girl Style Watercooler

Comments

• LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Ravenstone wrote:
    Actually, the only reason I want to be taller is so I can ride different bikes. It's a bloody nuisance getting the buggers lowered all the time, getting new shocks made up, checking what suspension linkages are on the bike to be re-machined......Ah well, I've got a car now. Now I can just gloat about being able to get trousers to fit! :D
    Hey, I ride bikes too....my first was a Honda CBR 450, then more recently a Honda 650....loved it, but then had children and well, not very practical, although I have the opposite problem, I'm sometimes too tall....:D (especially as I like more of the CBR style bikes....)
    Ravenstone wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    but they weren't married to anyone else...or engaged at the time, so I don't think that was a problem?

Not married, but I believe Craig was with his still-partner. Whatever her name is. I don't pay that much attention. I just remember seeing somewhere about him getting into trouble because of it.
    Really...Satsuki is her name I think...and he has been with her since "The Jacket"....not sure of the time line, but wow, I didn't think Craig was that type...but hey..
    Ravenstone wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    I never liked him either, but I did think he had a certain something in that movie....a man that can dance like that, well, it's very sexy....

Hmmm.....I suppose. I did like the film.

Another one I never got was Richard Gere. Yuck.

I know nothing about bikinis, but I can talk about men all night long. ;)

No, I never got Richard Gere either...however, in an Officer and a Gentleman, you've got to give him the white uniform and walking into her work...and sweeping her off her feet...no? :D
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    Oh dear...I'm 6'1"....am I hated too? :D

Y'know the only time I ever felt like a short arse was in a shop called 'Long Tall Sally' which caters for women 5'10" and over ... Never seen so many tall woman in my life. It was like some freaky island or something. My husband was really scared :))

Ravenstone wrote:

Count me in with that. Richard Gere leaves me cold, always has. Never saw what the fuss was about and if a guy cant do for you in a white naval costume he never can :))

Never got it with George Clooney either for that matter. :s
    Lexi wrote:
    No, I never got Richard Gere either...however, in an Officer and a Gentleman, you've got to give him the white uniform and walking into her work...and sweeping her off her feet...no? :D

Obviously we were typing at the same time and no, even the white uniform didn't do it.
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Y'know the only time I ever felt like a short arse was in a shop called 'Long Tall Sally' which caters for women 5'10" and over ... Never seen so many tall woman in my life. It was like some freaky island or something. My husband was really scared :))
    Freaky Island maybe...but growing up in the 80's..it was a nightmare getting any type of clothes that were long enough...so us tall women well we all praise shops like Long Tall Sally, that made us feel normal...and not freaks.

And yes, on certain men, we do scare....but on other's...well....
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Ravenstone wrote:

Count me in with that. Richard Gere leaves me cold, always has. Never saw what the fuss was about and if a guy cant do for you in a white naval costume he never can :))

No I've nver like George Clooney either...or Brad Pitt....
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,602Chief of Staff
    Lexi wrote:

Ceratinly not...and it must be one hell of a climb ;) {:)

Sorry...just wandered past as I was looking for the stationary cupboard...:(|)
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

*yawn* 8-)
  • RavenstoneRavenstone EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    although I have the opposite problem, I'm sometimes too tall....:D (especially as I like more of the CBR style bikes....)

I know which I'd prefer ;)

I like naked street/muscle bikes. I've had pocket rockets but they just don't do it for me. Big black muscle bike - I'm there.

If I were taller, I'd love a KTM. A big trailie bike. They look great fun.
    Really...Satsuki is her name I think.

That's her!
    .not sure of the time line, but wow, I didn't think Craig was that type...but hey..

Maybe they were on a break ;)

Everyone has their off days. Maybe the article I read got it wrong. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Thing is, I wouldn't forgive unfaithfulness, but I'm not going to criticise someone else for doing it. No-one's business but theirs.

Still, putting her and him in the same film again may be considered a bit of bad taste ;)

No. Sorry. Uniforms don't really work for me. Ooo....unless it's Sean Bean as Sharpe. That's about the only uniform that's ever rung my bell.

Brad Pitt? Nope. Can't stand him. Not really that fussed about Johnny Depp either unless he's Captain Jack Sparrow, in which case, he's completely irresistible. I have a very big thing for Pirates. Very big thing. More of a THING really, it's so big.

Can't stand Tom Cruise either. *shudder*. All those teeth......:o

I don't like pretty boys. I do like a hairy chest though. Men who are men, so women are grateful ;)
    Lexi wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

*yawn* 8-)

Yes. I have a very good friend who is 6'1" and she's heard them all before as well.

So if anyone finds a Vin Diesel look alike who's over 6' tall, can they let me know? Only I know a woman who would be eternally grateful.
    Lexi wrote:
    Freaky Island maybe...but growing up in the 80's..it was a nightmare getting any type of clothes that were long enough...so us tall women well we all praise shops like Long Tall Sally, that made us feel normal...and not freaks.

Its amazing now, so many shops do Tall ranges its fab. Getting shoes was no laughing matter. Couldn't get much in an 8 and when you're 13 thats quite distressing. Made me feel like a sasquatch. :o

No problems now with shoes. Its jackets & coats that are the issue. I've got arms like an oranguatan so its differcult to get a good fit.

Not making myself sound very attractive am I ? :))
    I work with a lady who's knocking on for 6' tall. I think her shoe size is 9 or something. Anyway, she's made a lot of money off eBay by - how shall I put it - buying stiletto heels and pre-stretching them for transvestites and transexuals.

Honest. She's made some good money out of it.

On the other hand, my aforementioned friend of just over 6' has the same size feet as me - 4-5. Nothing grows in the shade, see. ;)
    Ravenstone wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

*yawn* 8-)

Yes. I have a very good friend who is 6'1" and she's heard them all before as well.

HEY !!!! That line was given to me by one very attractive and sexy 6'1" woman - she didn't like it either :#

Anybody seen the stapler ?
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

HEY !!!! That line was given to me by one very attractive and sexy 6'1" woman - she didn't like it either :#

I suspect you could get away with it with my friend, so long as you're 6' or more and look like Vin Diesel. ;)
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Its amazing now, so many shops do Tall ranges its fab. Getting shoes was no laughing matter. Couldn't get much in an 8 and when you're 13 thats quite distressing. Made me feel like a sasquatch. :o
    Hey try size 8 when you were 11...now I'm a 10...but luckily you can get shoes now...but growing up, it was a nightmare....mens shoes, well, not a good look...:#

But, yes, it's great that high street shops are doing a tall range....I've just discovered Next Jeans (tall range)...and they are great....:D
    Ravenstone wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

I suspect you could get away with it with my friend, so long as you're 6' or more and look like Vin Diesel. ;)

6' ? No...just another short-arse I'm afraid...

..and as for looking like Vin Diesel...?..Nope !

But then I already have the tall woman of my dreams in my life.
    YNWA 97
    Aw. How sweet!
    Ravenstone wrote:
    Aw. How sweet!

Thank you...she is...but she is only just beginning to realise it...and it's wonderful to watch it happen.
    YNWA 97
  • AlessandraAlessandra Lake Garda, ItalyPosts: 633MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Count me in with that. Richard Gere leaves me cold, always has. Never saw what the fuss was about and if a guy cant do for you in a white naval costume he never can Laugh Out Loud

A) I never got Richard Gere either, buuuut if there's one movie I find him slightly fascinating him, it's not An Officer and a Gentleman, but American Gigolo. He surely has good taste in women though, seen as he married a Bond girl! :D

B) George Clooney is mine... miiiiineeeee :)) :)) I'm extremely pleased there is probably the whole 1 percent of women not liking him on here, it's refreshing and encouraging, I feel like the majority doesn't like him and I'm the only one competing for his attentions :)) :)) :))

And I'm not tall either.. 5 ft 4. Not super short, but certainly not tall. 6 ft1?!? :O that is the size of a boyfriend for me! (See Ravenstone, we DO have something in common here. And I do NOT mean the same boyfriend):)) :)) :))

Must be good to be that tall in a way Lexi, what with great model legs and all! :D I understand it must not be easy with sizes and all the rest, but hey... can't have everthing in life! I'm not tall and I can't have those long legs to show off, but at least I have less trouble with sizes! :))
    not sure of the time line, but wow, I didn't think Craig was that type...but hey..
    Maybe they were on a break ;)

Everyone has their off days. Maybe the article I read got it wrong. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Thing is, I wouldn't forgive unfaithfulness, but I'm not going to criticise someone else for doing it. No-one's business but theirs.

Still, putting her and him in the same film again may be considered a bit of bad taste

Starting from the fact it is Hollywood, and almost everyone is that type (and I talk by experience working with celebrities), I frankly couldn't care less what Craig does in his personal life. It's his own damn business. All I can say is he's a very nice guy in person. And with Sienna around, I'm sure temptation was hard to resist :)) No but really, it's just and only their business, I agree with Ravenstone here-.

Now back to Bond girls and their outfits..
    Bondtoys wrote:
    To quote the favourite line of The Mantis:

Piiics, please

Over my dead, cold body! :)) Back in time someone (the dearest MooreNotLess) posted the photos on here without me knowing about it as we had had a sort of bet/challenge about it on CBN and I had to post my bikini photo, and it was embarassing enough as was back then! :)) NOT repeating the performance, I'm like my countryman Paganini! :D

Now about Gemma and her bad outfit, I have somehow lost the link but I can recover it.. just not now because it's too late!!! :O

By the way, I got my tailor a photo of the Pam Bouvier dress as I have a black-tie event coming up and it's movie-themed, so THAT will be exactly my look! :D
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008
    Sir Miles wrote:
    ...and it's wonderful to watch it happen.

To be honest Sir M... it's really not. Not on a Bond forum anyway. Why don't you two go get a room? 8-)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008
    c'mon ladies. I am sure, that you can understand an offered hand and act accordingly.

Les bee friends {[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Lexi wrote:

I never liked him either, but I did think he had a certain something in that movie....a man that can dance like that, well, it's very sexy....

Lexi, I assume, that you still have the promised dance in mind :007)

Alessandra wrote:
    B) George Clooney is mine... miiiiineeeee :)) :)) I'm extremely pleased there is probably the whole 1 percent of women not liking him on here, it's refreshing and encouraging, I feel like the majority doesn't like him and I'm the only one competing for his attentions :)) :)) :))
    You're going to be busy then...with George and Cavill.... but yes, George is all yours..:)) :))
    Alessandra wrote:
    And I'm not tall either.. 5 ft 4. Not super short, but certainly not tall. 6 ft1?!? :O that is the size of a boyfriend for me! (See Ravenstone, we DO have something in common here. And I do NOT mean the same boyfriend):)) :)) :))
    Yes, I'm taller than most men..well here in the UK anyway....and that can work to my advantage...(or not, depending :D ) Size of shoes is the main concern, which is why I duck out of the shoe conversations....quite tricky to get designer shoes...in lifeboat sizes :)) :))
    Alessandra wrote:
    Must be good to be that tall in a way Lexi, what with great model legs and all! :D I understand it must not be easy with sizes and all the rest, but hey... can't have everthing in life! I'm not tall and I can't have those long legs to show off, but at least I have less trouble with sizes! :))
    It's great to be tall...I can always reach the highest shelf in the supermarket :)) :))

Alessandra wrote:
    Now about Gemma and her bad outfit, I have somehow lost the link but I can recover it.. just not now because it's too late!!! :O
    yes, I'm dying to see this. Her outfit at the Bond Premier was awful....and how different did she look with black hair :o
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Lexi, I assume, that you still have the promised dance in mind :007)

Of course....whenever you're ready...:D
    Ah Bondtoys here is the photo!

So we can get back to the topic.... here is yet another Gemma fabulous moment.. ahem. Now seeing her friend next to her explains a whole lot about her wardrobe choices. And I was right, the shoes with that outfit.... :O :O :O Not sure whether they remind me of Heidi and the hateful Ms Rottenmeier or what else... :)) :))

Gemma need to go shoe shopping!!

I think if she watched many episodes of Gossip Girl, that would probably help too. Lily in particular (Serena's mother) has absolutely impeccable taste, she's always extremely elegant and modern. Though I guess Gemma would pay more attention to Serena and Blair. As long as she improves her style, doesn't matter who she picks really :D
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
    edited November 2008
    offfff, thatks for the pic.

Too bad that it has been obviously too cold to go without this coat.. B-)

But I agree, that these fireman-boots are not really what I'd recommend to her.

On the other way, just seeing her face only, tshe has definitely something.

She'll not beat Claudine Auger, but there is something interesting....

Ah, by the way, did I tell you girls that I liked Rosamund Pike VERY much with open hair in DAD 8-)

edited November 2008
    Alessandra wrote:
    (B) George Clooney is mine... miiiiineeeee :)) :)) I'm extremely pleased there is probably the whole 1 percent of women not liking him on here, it's refreshing and encouraging, I feel like the majority doesn't like him and I'm the only one competing for his attentions :)) :)) :))

Well, he's all yours Ale. Though as Lexi said, you are going to be a very busy girl :)

I've said before, I prefer a more 'worn in' look. Someone who looks like they've seen and done a bit, which is probably why I can really see the attraction with Craig - dont take that the wrong way Craig lovers! - but no one comes close to Tim Dalton for me :x ... adored him since I was about 11 (honest) ... though if the gorgeous Gerard Butler walked into the room, well .....
    Alessandra wrote:
    By the way, I got my tailor a photo of the Pam Bouvier dress as I have a black-tie event coming up and it's movie-themed, so THAT will be exactly my look! :D

Love that dress. You going to wear a gun too? :))
    Lexi wrote:
    You're going to be busy then...with George and Cavill.... but yes, George is all yours..:)) :))

You forget Hugh Jackman! Ravenstone and I will have to fight over him, but he's a strong man, he can cope :)) :)) :))
    Lexi wrote:
    Yes, I'm taller than most men..well here in the UK anyway....and that can work to my advantage...(or not, depending :D ) Size of shoes is the main concern, which is why I duck out of the shoe conversations....quite tricky to get designer shoes...in lifeboat sizes :)) :))

:)) :)) BUT I think you can have them custom-made. I am fairly sure Sergio Rossi does that. And it's not much more than the price you pay in the shop, you pick the model and ask them to make it for you in the size you need :D LOL I'm sure there are some taller men, but yes you're definitely very tall so it's difficult.. on the other hand.. you only get the best and tallest? :D
    Lexi wrote:
    It's great to be tall...I can always reach the highest shelf in the supermarket :)) :))

Oh come on! :)) :)) You can also show off nice long legs, not everyone can afford that! :D :D but hey, the supermarket shelf to reach is always a big problem, I have to call attendands sometimes because obviously the stuff I want happens to be exaaactly at the tallest shelf :))

Alessandra wrote:
    yes, I'm dying to see this. Her outfit at the Bond Premier was awful....and how different did she look with black hair :o

I got the photo! It's in my previous post. I do not know why the girl keeps showing such outfits.. why? I mean she has stylists fawning all over her by now, she's an actress, she's gotta have stylist AND publicist, I'm afraid it really is a matter of lack of style here, and it CAN be fixed.. with the right stylist. That she clearly can't find :)) Maybe we'll send her an email with a few suggestion from the Bond girls? :)) :))
    Lady Rose wrote:

Well, he's all yours Ale. Though as Lexi said, you are going to be a very busy girl :)

I'm never nearly as busy as I'd like to be :)) :)) :))
    I've said before, I prefer a more 'worn in' look. Someone who looks like they've seen and done a bit, which is probably why I can really see the attraction with Craig - dont take that the wrong way Craig lovers! - but no one comes close to Tim Dalton for me :x ... adored him since I was about 11 (honest) ... though if the gorgeous Gerard Butler walked into the room, well .....

OOOOOHH Gerard Butler, now HE is tasty :v Jennifer Aniston was on all papers in the US in October when I was over for supposedly having come to her senses, which means dumping John Mayer (MY GOD, how creepy is that guy?! Can it get any creepier?! :O ) and having a couple of dates with Gerard Butler instead. Quite the improvement there! Though it seems it was not true since she's now back with the creep. I don't understand what goes on with women sometimes. She's so pretty and she's far from stupid, why end up with someone like that? Though I understand the hurt from losing Brad the way she did must be a difficult thing to deal with. End of gossip corner, sorry :)) :))
    Alessandra wrote:

Love that dress. You going to wear a gun too? :))

:)) :)) :)) Fake one, sure. One of those that spray water :)) :)) :)) And I can use to my advantage if Hugh shows up.. spraying it on a part of the dress (just water so no harm) and pretending he just spilled something on me...:v (yes I know this is a plan a two-year-old can think of :)))
    edited November 2008
    Alessandra wrote:

:)) :)) :)) Fake one, sure. One of those that spray water :)) :)) :)) And I can use to my advantage if Hugh shows up.. spraying it on a part of the dress (just water so no harm) and pretending he just spilled something on me...:v (yes I know this is a plan a two-year-old can think of :)))

:o alessandra and Hugh in a wet T-Shirt fight....

I must be dreaming... :D

edited November 2008
    Alessandra wrote:
    And I can use to my advantage if Hugh shows up.. spraying it on a part of the dress (just water so no harm) and pretending he just spilled something on me...:v (yes I know this is a plan a two-year-old can think of :)))

You're being to sound a bit creepy Ale ... you'll be saying 'I'm your number one fan' soon too... :))
    Lady Rose wrote:
    You're being to sound a bit creepy Ale ... you'll be saying 'I'm your number one fan' soon too... :))

and "I have seen ALL of your movies" :D