The Rant Box

Comments

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Sadly people have been lulled into thinking that Space exploration
    Is all safe and sound these days. Sadly it's still a pioneering
    Exercise, ( I posted on the tributes thread on the day of the crash )
    It's still a very dangerous occupation but In my view still just as
    Important. -{ , Mankind's future is in the stars, we have to keep
    Experimenting and pushing boundaries.

Well said Pussy. -{ You really can be a poet when not smutty!

I don't believe its a Pipe Dream (Sorry Captain Scarlet!) But it is a long term development. Shipping, the combustion engine - air travel. All took a long time and careful development. Space is the biggest one, because there are no life belts or parachutes for the nature of what it involves. - As this recent tragedy starkly reminds us.

One day space travel it will be a necessity. And closer to home, we cannot ignore the dangers from space forever. As an occupied planet, we have been very lucky so far. - Asteroids / meteorites, comets, radiation spikes, solar flares, etc. We can't stay in the one spot for eternity.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Space then the Oceans on our own Planet.

You're starting to sound worryingly like Karl Stromberg there, AOS. Have you got a scale model of Atlantis in your bathtub? Anything you want to tell us? :)) -{

Well the new Flat does have a Shark Pool and Hyrdrolics :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    SM wrote :
    " Sadly I think that with the gap between rich and poor getting ever deeper that applies more today than ever... :# "
    That sounds Like Pinko commie talk to me !!! :)) , But yes, it's obvious the wealth of the world is very much
    ill devided. :#

But I'm a big supporter for Mankind moving forward, sadly we've already moved backwards.
    Scrapping the Shuttle and deep space travel. Along with the scrapping of Concorde ! Up until
    now we only ever replaced tec, when we got rid of Concorde it would've been because, we'd
    come up with something better. -{

Oh, I think we should (and no doubt will) keep moving forward technologically it's just we need an equal focus on the ills of society too. I think you can have both in fact, within reason. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Space then the Oceans on our own Planet.

You're starting to sound worryingly like Karl Stromberg there, AOS. Have you got a scale model of Atlantis in your bathtub? Anything you want to tell us? :)) -{

Well even Karl had to start with that fish tank in his room (see Christopher Wood's TSWLM novelisation) so there's hope for you yet, AOS. :)) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    For Me the idea behind the Virgin project, was of course to make money but also to
    find new ways of getting the costs down, India recently put a probe on Mars for
    about One tenth of the traditional cost. I also believe the American mission to Mars
    is a Go, not much publicity as yet, but it will happen.
    Sadly There will be more deaths, but even these will not be for nothing, if at the end
    we can leave this planet when we need to.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Well even Karl had to start with that fish tank in his room (see Christopher Wood's TSWLM novelisation) so there's hope for you yet, AOS. :)) -{

When my Hair goes grey and I employ Jaws as my Henchman, I shall tell you all about it :v
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    For Me the idea behind the Virgin project, was of course to make money but also to
    find new ways of getting the costs down, India recently put a probe on Mars for
    about One tenth of the traditional cost. I also believe the American mission to Mars
    is a Go, not much publicity as yet, but it will happen.
    Sadly There will be more deaths, but even these will not be for nothing, if at the end

Yes, but India does not help its poor enough - we in the UK are expected to help trump up the money in international aid while the glooruious Indian government shoot probes to Mars. They've really got their priorities right. Again, utter madness. X-(

I'm sure you see my point here, TP? :) -{

When my Hair goes grey and I employ Jaws as my Henchman, I shall tell you all about it :v

I look forward to your Memoirs, AOS. We'll have a couple of jars together when they comne out! {[]
    1 +

The Majority of India's Population lives in Poverty whilst it's Government launches a Probe into Space.
    1 +

The Majority of India's Population lives in Poverty whilst it's Government launches a Probe into Space.

Exactly - and they expect us to pick up the tab while they play ducks and drakes with the country's finances! Again, the Irish drunk in A Clockwork Orange was a wise old sage with his views on this which mirror my own. Forget the space travel for a minute - and ask yourself truthfully where's the social justice here? :#

And the same goes for their nuclear weapons programme against Pakistan for that matter too - another very dire situation there. :#
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    You gotta stop watchin' Firefly so much... 8-)
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Not very covert, eh? :o
    That Father in India should get a Medal. {[]
    Sure India has its poverty and Shame on its govenment
    for not doing more, But My argument is about space exploration
    IMHO, it is worth the money and sacrifice, we will use up the resources
    here on Earth and will need to move on. -{
    Hasn't anyone seen Battlestar Galactica. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Next Year is 2015. So according to Back To The Future 2, we should have flying Cars, Trainers that Lace themselves up and Jackets that can dry themselves !
    we should have flying Cars, Trainers that Lace themselves up and Jackets that can dry themselves !
    I have all those. You don't?? ?:)
    Not here in Europe :))
    I'll stick to my hover board ! :D
    Can anyone explain the appeal of " Soaps " ? I occasionally watch a bit
    Of them and can't see the appeal ? The same story or variation is repeated
    Over all three or four of the big soaps ! A murder in a soap used to be a big
    Story line now there's a killing every few months :))
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Yes, I remember when the big story was Arfur stealing the Christmas club money in Eastenders!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Yes, I remember when the big story was Arfur stealing the Christmas club money in Eastenders!

Haha indeed!!!!!

Yes, its true Albert Square has a higher murder rate then anywhere in Afghan.

How the local council have not made the square pedestrianised to prevent more car related deaths is mind boggling!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    :)) :)) :))
    The Saskia Duncan killing (with the ashtray) was the last good series of episodes (February 1999) in EastEnders. I stopped watching it after that in about the year 2000. I'm in agreement with all that TP says above regarding soaps - don't waste your time on them. Watch University Challenge instead. Much more educational than the murder and mayhem soaps have to offer these days. Detective shows are for all of that anyhow :) -{

Here it is by the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-1ybfripVk
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Haha forgot about the ash-tray!!! I think if I watched that crap now I would only recognise Phil Mitchell!

Last year when me, the wife and the kids were shopping on Oxford Street etc we popped into John Lewis for a coffee and cake. As we sat down etc on the table next to us were people we knew from the Falklands (prob more chances of winning the lottery!!). Anyhow we were not exactly friends with these people so we pretended we did not see them, drank up and legged it out of the cafe area and straight into the first lift. Even more bizarre...... in the lift was Minty from Eastenders (the dozy mechanic guy), he was wearing a baseball cap trying to look like a celebrity lol (I guess his work dried up). Anyhow he was with this stunning very young blonde bird that I assumed was his daughter however if memory serves correct they spoke in the lift and she was Russian or something and I presumed his girlfriend (the dirty dog) :))

This year I jumped on the Tube from Stratford (westfield) and in my carriage was the cockney dude who used to run the knicker factory in Corrie - now does quiz shows!! As you can tell I'm useless with names.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    :)) You always meet neighbours on holiday! :))

With Emmerdale for example, saw a bit with a Hostage situation in the pub.
    A few weeks later getting ready to walk the dog, I popped my head round the
    Door to see if " she who must be obeyed " needed anything, when blow me
    If there isn't another " Hostage" situation going on ! :)) it's all go in the Dales. :))
    I'm sorry if this offends anyone but ..... For Fu*ks Sake ! :#
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/teacher-murder-sentence-too-long-30716736.html
    Schoolboy killer Will Cornick's sentence has been said to be " Too Long!"
    Sorry folks, For knifing a teacher to death, attacking her from behind and for
    Showing no remorse. I'd have had him hanged !, end of problem !
    He planned it, it was no "unthinking act" .. Sorry to hear the chorus of
    Bleeding Hearts, all out now to protect this little angel, so misunderstood,
    So used by society. In fact he's more the victim here than the teacher ! :#
    Keep him locked up! He's an evil Bast*rd, end of.
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/teacher-murder-sentence-too-long-30716736.html

My. thoughts. exactly. X-( -{
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Couldn't agree more. I've been watching 'Coppers' lately and almost everyone that gets arrested either gets off completely or walks away with an almost imperceptible slap on the wrist even when they are caught in the act, there are multiple witnesses or a confession. Between politicians emasculating the police, judges who seem to no longer believe in punishment and social workers who think everyone's a lovely boy who deserves a second chance, the only people who ever seem to get punished are the victims. And in many cases they get it over and over and over again.