The Rant Box

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,700MI6 Agent
    After over 13 years as photographer just had my first Bridezilla. :))
    She has done a night class in photography, so was able to tell me
    How to take the photos ! :))

Not taken the photos of any schoolteachers in those 13 years, then? ;)

How very true of indeed teachers in general - they think they know everything there is to know compared to us plebs and quite often they know Sweet FA! :)) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Me and the GF were down the Pub last Night to celebrate our Engagement (Yes, we are engaged now :)) ) And some pissed up Prat decided to start on me because apparently 'I gave him a dirty look' 8-) Luckily the Evening was not spoiled -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Firstly Congratulations Mate {[] {[] {[] {[] {[]
    sadly the world is full of Assholes !! :# hopefully he'll meet a less pleasant Bloke soon
    and have a nice trip in an ambulance for his trouble. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    The man can't do anything right. He is ridiculed whether eating a sandwich or giving money to a beggar.

I don't like him. He really does come across as a cartoon character.

I keep trying to imagine him representing us on the world stage. Statesman he is not.

Would Boris Johnson be ok? I'm asking the British here in general ....
    Firstly Congratulations Mate {[] {[] {[] {[] {[]
    sadly the world is full of Assholes !! :# hopefully he'll meet a less pleasant Bloke soon
    and have a nice trip in an ambulance for his trouble. :))

Cheers Mate -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,480Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:

No. No no no.
    No no no no no.
    No no no no no.
    No. No no no.
    No.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    edited November 2014
    Me and the GF were down the Pub last Night to celebrate our Engagement (Yes, we are engaged now :)) ) And some pissed up Prat decided to start on me because apparently 'I gave him a dirty look' 8-) Luckily the Evening was not spoiled -{

Congrats!!!

Glad it didn't spoil your night!! One thing I dont miss about the UK is idiots like that now and then in pubs!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Barbel wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

No. No no no.
    No no no no no.
    No no no no no.
    No. No no no.
    No.

So Barbel is not sure about Boris Johnson as Prime Minister :))
    I think Boris would be fantastic {[] he just what Britain needs :))
    Cameron, will be deposed as Leader of the conservatives. ;) when
    Boris becomes an MP. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,700MI6 Agent
    I think Boris would be fantastic {[] he just what Britain needs :))
    Cameron, will be deposed as Leader of the conservatives. ;) when
    Boris becomes an MP. :))

Me too! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Or the Powerhouse that is Ed Miliband. :))
    ...if he's still Labour leader in May!
    :))
    Of course he will, look at all the support he's getting .........
    ( cue : a lone bell toning ) :))
    Another question is will Labour have any Scottish MPs :))
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Boris gets away with it because his whole persona is that of a joker. A bit scatty and eccentric so he is therefore forgiven anything really. Boris doesn't apologise for what he is, a rich conservative buffoon so no one expects anything from him. I find him highly entertaining and charismatic and to be honest he hasn't done too much damage as Mayor of London. Would I have like him as prime minister and in charge of our nuclear weapons? No. .... I would keep Boris totally for entertainment purposes. .... ( I know someone who has a lot of dealings with Boris and claims that Boris is no where as daft as he comes across but I'm not sure I believe them :p )

Milliband however is supposed to be a serious, sincere man of the people who just has a knack as coming across as wet, weak and meh. He has no charisma and the strangest voice. He does not have 'it'.

The incident during the Olympics of Boris getting stuck on the zip wire is a prime example of the mans charisma. Any other politican would have been ridiculed but Boris just embraced it, turned it into a joke and it became another ' just Boris being Boris ' moment.

All our politicians are deathly boring and bland. That's why the likes of Boris and Nigel Farage get so much support. People just like them.

If Nigel Farge wasn't leader of UKIP they would disappear. I think UKIP is a one man party. no Nigel, no UKIP.

Charisma or authority are the two most important traits for politician to have and Ed Milliband has neither IMO.
    Russell Howard once again had a great bit about politics. Showing a
    Picture of Obama running, still looking, fit, healthy and charismatic.
    Then he cut to a photo of poor old Ed Miliband running, and he looked
    Like he was about to keel over with a heart attack ! :))
    And that is Ed Millibands problem ....

The problem is I can't think of anyone currently in the Labour Party who could do much better .... It certainly isn't Ed Balls .... Keep away from anyone called 'Ed' .... :))
    Can't take anyone seriously with the name Balls. :))
    No I predict Ed will be around for the next election ( he'll lose)
    Then some of the new generation of wannabe labour leaders will
    Fight it out. :D
    You are aware Boris Johnson is a politician, TP? :))
    Boris is a mythical creature we made up for the tourist trade ! ;)
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent

Congrats! -{
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Cheers BL -{ I know we can't really afford it at the Moment, but were only young once :))
    Cheers BL -{ I know we can't really afford it at the Moment, but were only young once :))

Right - go for it! {[]
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,299MI6 Agent
    Boris Johnson
    Don Johnson
    Notch Johnson

I prefer Notch :)) :p
    Congratulations, AlphaOmegaSin :)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    +1! {[]
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Barbel wrote:
    ...if he's still Labour leader in May!

Let's hope Millibrand isn't still in labour in May .....
    Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm really unsure about this. Are most of my British friends here pro-Labor, pro-Conservative, pro-Liberal Democrats? Are they more or less evenly divided? None of the above? I really can't tell. And I'm not trying to pigeonhole anyone. Perhaps it's not as simple as that and individual preferences are all over the place. I'm just trying to get a sense of the relative popularity of the various parties in British politics.
    They're all unpopular, BL! :))
    Nick Clegg (Lib Dem) was quite liked until the last election, when after going into Coalition with David Cameron (Con) he was considered to have broken a cast-iron promise re student finances.
    Here in Scotland things are just settling down after the referendum. The ruling party (SNP) are changing leader while Labour soon will. The Conservatives don't really carry any weight here- Mrs Thatcher destroyed their credibility in the 80s.
    The fact we currently have a coalition government and no one has any idea who may win our next general election which is coming up in May 2015 tells you all you need to know about the state of UK's politics. It's all a bit here, there and everywhere with no clear leaders or direction in any of the main parties.

At one stage I would have said I was probably a conservative leaning voter but these days I don't like any of them at all. I really have changed over the years.

My problem is I have no idea who I will vote for in the next election. It really is a mess.
    Barbel wrote:
    They're all unpopular

Sort of like here in the U.S. - got it! :))