The Rant Box

Comments

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    While I respect celebs who donate without wanting a lot of publicity. I also respect spend a lot of their time on good causes by using their fame to get a lot of attention and money for their causes. Angelina Jolie probably does more good for her causes by championing them than donating to them. The celebs I'm not impressed by are tho ones who barely do anything and only for a lot of press coverage.

+1

I totally agree with you about Angelina Jolie.

I think it's great when celebs champion a cause and are effective in raising awareness.
    I just can't stand Bob Geldof and his sanctimonious preaching and bullying tactics.

Our very own Sir Roger has worked for years with UNICEF and done great work there and Sharon Stone does a lot for AIDS charities.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Another thing that annoys me about Bob, was during the Scottish
    Independence debate, Job made a plea to keep the UK together.
    Now Bob is a " Non Dom" ( he doesn't pay tax in the UK) :o
    So why is he sticking his nose in. If he "Loves" the UK so much
    Why doesn't he put his hand in his pocket, pay his Tax, to help
    Pay for a few hospitals, schools etc. :D
    I'm always amazed by the Self Righteous, who think because they
    Give up their time, to blackmail others to hand over money. That
    Somehow releases them of any duty in paying their tax bill. Same
    With Gary Barlow, because he writes a charity song. He feels he's
    Done enough,so doesn't have to pay any tax. X-(
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    It makes me think, how many People in Africa will even get to hear the Band Aid Single?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    On a news report the other night Many African's had NEVER heard of it. :))
    As I stated in an earlier post.
    The African Doctors and nurses have been fighting this horrible disease for
    Months and are at last turning the corner to win ! -{ Now in rides Bob and Co
    To take credit for it X-(
    He's even now complaining about Germany ( who have sent over €80 mil )
    Seems the last to the party wants to be the loudest so everyone notices.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    In Ethiopia, they hold Rock Concerts to raise Money for the new Development of Aldershot Town Centre :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    edited November 2014
    Self-righteousness is of course a grave sin yet it is the very bedrock of much of our modern "celebrity". Yet again another case of "Do as I say, not as I do". X-(
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    I have nothing personal against Bob Geldof however you do kinda feel he has made a career out of the Live Aid thing. Lets face it how many people see him as a musician nowadays or even todays generation even knew he was in a band?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Surely, there must be a Parenting charity it would be more appropriate for Saint Bob to raise awareness of and money for?
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Surely, there must be a Parenting charity it would be more appropriate for Saint Bob to raise awareness of and money for?

True, but from a human side , (we have all had a dig at Sir Bob ) we must not forget ,that Bob has lost his daughter,
    to the evil of illegal narcotics . And only he will know ,what more he could have done, to have prevented her untimely death. Unfortunately ,he will have too live with that failure for the rest of his life.
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    Bono hurt his arm after the recording. :))
    What makes you think this is my first time?
    Old Terry does Children in need for nothing. -{ in fact he
    Has done for years. Although Bono could probably fund an
    Entire aid drive by himself. I agree I'm sick of multi millionaires
    Telling the rest of us we have to dig deep to help, as if it's not
    A disaster until they get involved. X-(
    In that case I stand corrected Stag {[] and so agree with you
    Even more :D The rich always expect the poor to pay. :#
    I didn't know that about live aid either. Also Bob couldn't handle it
    On Sky news when he was asked a few " hard" questions, so just
    Started swearing, obviously to get cut off and stop the awkward
    Questions. ;)
    If you don't fall on your knees before Bob he doesn't want to know . :# ,
    I feel sorry for him over Peaches though :#
    I'm sure everyone feels for him, it's a truly sad event.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Yeah ive read a few times about Wogan getting paid a fee for Children In Need. Disgraceful
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I know someone who used to work at the BBC and he said that the CIN Presenters, Performers, etc, all had Champagne on Ice Backstage among other Things.
    Just as I don't accept Mr Ramarez FORCED Peaches to get coked off her tits and neglect the safety and welfare of her kids, I doubt very much in 2014 - after he was busted a few years back - Wogan took payment for CIN
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Ive just watched the new Sainsburys Christmas advert .It showed the British and German soldiers ,playing football on Christmas day .A great advert ,very touching and moving ,but it will all go to waste,when I get down to my local Sainsburys ,to find 50% of the tills, still bloody closed,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Sainsburys Mince Pie Cream :o The Other Half brought some Home Today.
    To be honest guys, I don't like the Saintsbury's advert. I think it's
    A little disrespectful, to use the horror of war to sell some chocolate
    Bars. :#
    I agree :#
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Here's my rant for today: When I was a kid I saw a movie called Soylent Green where the world had billions & billions of people, and the climate had been altered, and real food was expensive, and the economic situation was dismal, and police were pretty much free to do what they wanted...IT WAS A MOVIE!! IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO COME TRUE!!!! X-( X-( X-( X-(
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Soylentgreen.gif
    {[] great film. -{ and who knows maybe some day we will indeed
    Be eating soylent green. ;)
    Theres a Film with a similar Feel to it called Videodrome -{
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    As long as we don't get to The Handmaid's Tale... :o
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent

True, but from a human side , (we have all had a dig at Sir Bob ) we must not forget ,that Bob has lost his daughter,
    to the evil of illegal narcotics . And only he will know ,what more he could have done, to have prevented her untimely death. Unfortunately ,he will have too live with that failure for the rest of his life.

And not forgetting the death of his wife from the same also. :#
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I know someone who used to work at the BBC and he said that the CIN Presenters, Performers, etc, all had Champagne on Ice Backstage among other Things.

As Alan Partridge might say they're all on the BBC gravy train! :))

And not forgetting the death of his wife from the same also. :#

Incorrect.

When privileged, wealthy (notice how I've tied that in with the theme of slagging off other wealthy celebs on this thread) Paula Yates OD'd in 2000, she and Geldof had bee divorced for four years.

Prior to her death, of course, she had had a child Geldof's "friend" Michael Hutchence with whom she had a total obsession and had been shagging for some years.

I would therefore expect Geldof's attitude to her death to be somewhat different to that had she remained the loyal wife.